Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Sneak Peak: Red Dragon-model

A first look at the new dragon model!

>https://vimeo.com/99615220

Scene set up by mr Wox!

/Lars

• Like 28

The time has come.. The Dragon riders are back!

INCOMMING!!! :ph34r:  :o

:rolleyes:

o SOMEONES RIDING EVERYONE RUN JOEMOG IS BACK ON ELEVATION !!!!!!

• Like 12

flapety flap oh my god, it's magnificent.

GM's new texture + dragon mounts.. some people will just call /support to see this all epicness =p

• Like 2

wonder how this one is going to be implemented :).. can think of so many ways this could go good.. or bad:)

It will probably come in an update with a Fus Ro Dah spell

It will probably come in an update with a Fus Ro Dah spell

I wouldnt mind that speed burst shout, Wuld Nah Kest, I'd shout it constantly in my knarr :D

Edited by Lycanthropic

I will look like ingrate, animation of wings is nice, but there is something missing. As whole, it is unnatural.

There is lack of work with center of gravity, body should move up and down in waves of wings, and there should be some movement and flight corrections in longitudinal axis of body too.

If not looking on animation, dragon model is cool.

• Like 1

@Zakerak, Thanks!

Don't think you want to sit in first person view with the camera going up and down all the time! Any way we don't want it, so that's the reason why the ride aren't so bumpy! 

OOoooh

Will they be ridable in game?

@Zakerak, Thanks!

Don't think you want to sit in first person view with the camera going up and down all the time! Any way we don't want it, so that's the reason why the ride aren't so bumpy! 

horses bounce up n down and their torso moves when they walk/run/graze... O_o

OOoooh

Will they be ridable in game?

They already are..

they are but you cant dominate then with crown anymore so you cant really ever ride one... 

• Like 2

Yay FLYING MOUNTS!

Next thing you know we'll have races of blueish elves with skimpy clothes...

That aside, and sorry for the negative aspect, i guess i woke up on the wrong side or somesuch, but the movie is kinda meh, i mean for the first 15 seconds i was thinking " What the red dragon is invisible now?" till i started noticing the wings beating in the background, would be a better effect if more than half the movie wasn't occupied before we actually can notice the dragon, only to barely see anything in the end.

Not trying to diss the work, i bet the dragon looks awesome as soon as we can actually see it standing still and whatnot, but idk, it kinda struck me wrong there. Not to mention nowadays Wurm dragons are little more than a broken mess... I was talking about it yesterday with some allies, and did some math, so basically it would take over 350 slayings for someone to make a full drake set on his own with current drops. If you don't find that ridiculous, i don't know what to tell you.

Even using alts (which need to be premium) the cost of having enough alts at the slaying to get enough hide for a single glove is enough to buy 2 sets from players. So yeah, all in all, the negative in me is winning in what concerns to Wurm.

@Zakerak, Thanks!

If this is true reason, then it is really pity. How many Wurmians have artifact and dragon available in the same time to tame and fly them? One or two, none? Never mind, there is not enough dragons to see that "inaccuracy" everyday and on screenshots it will not be visible, dragon will look great.

Btw, problems with poor or none visibility, while driving huge champion bears, was what I liked on them. Driving around, sitting inside bear, seeing only bear from inside, bumping into everything and scarring neighbors and noobs on highways. That was something, that was real achievement and fun.

While champion bear size was "normalized", all fun was killed.  :/

I believe, sitting on flying dragon, bumping up and down, obscuring my view again and again could be better than sitting on cableway cabin with texture of dragon, nice animated wings and stable clear view to front. Just my opinion, sorry.