Hi, so I am really looking for some high level guides, most guides that I have seen around here or wurmpedia discuss how to grind it from 1 to 50 or something like that, but I am looking for some higher level guides on how to gain skill in the fastest possible way.

Okay so for example, I would like a guide on how to get from 70-100 Channeling in the fastest (not cheapest) way possible.

Or how to get from 50 to 90+ Farming in the fastest way; Animal Husbandry, Woodcutting, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Masonry, Fishing, Cooking, Foraging, Botanizing, First Aid, Gardening etc.

And I would even be willing to pay a small fee for it, I don't know, maybe I just haven't looked in the right places, but I really do believe there is a lack of high level guides out there :)

Most of them are repetition, repetition, repetition... for several months... to several years. 

One aspect that may help with several of those skills, including Animal Husbandry, and several others you mentioned, is Stamina Limitation. The lower your stamina is at the end of an action, the more skill is gained, up to 0% stamina when you do not gain any skill for the time spent in 0%.

Mostly general things are what you will find, highest CoC you can get, longest timers you can force, and repetition for until you decide to repeat on a different skill. 

One aspect that may help with several of those skills, including Animal Husbandry, and several others you mentioned, is Stamina Limitation. The lower your stamina is at the end of an action, the more skill is gained, up to 0% stamina when you do not gain any skill for the time spent in 0%.

This is only applicable when you have a finite resource to work with as the skillgain is directly related to the action timer. For skills where you can have an infinite resource to work with you can just do the action twice for the same potential skill as using stamina limitation to get a timer twice as long.

• Like 2

Fastest way for woodcutting:

Cut down trees with a good hatchet with woa. Load the felled trees into an empty wagon(I think 50 fit?). Then use a low ql coc saw, or hatchet, with SB to chop up directly from the wagon. I personally use a saw, I havent tested to see which gave more gain.

PS: When chopping up the logs, they go straight on the ground instead of the wagon. I use crates, in another wagon, to load the logs into.

EDIT: Fastest way for fishing. There really isn't. I personally went to the fishing spots using a pendulum with lurker in the deep. High CoC rod as well. I acquired a rare fishing rod and have been using that since around 45 fishing. Im at 97.7 fishing now. Having a low ql rod did not seem to give bigger or faster ticks than a high ql(tested at 55ql and 80ql, same rod same coc for 5 hours each. Skill gain was roughly the same)

Edited by Nicrolis

I'm struggling with even replying as there are so many skills, with so many differing opinions on the "best" / "fastest" way to level i'm certain to have someone strongly disagree.

For example: Nicrolis' post above, is quite viable and makes completes sense. (The saw vs hatchet is a current debate being discussed elsewhere and shows just how many ways there are to do things in game) "One of the things I like so much about Wurm by the way." :)

With that said, I personally believe turning on sleep bonus, using a 1ql high coc tool (hatchet or saw) cutting down, chopping up, and repairing as you go, is the best and fastest viable option for skilling Wood Cutting. (Turn off SB and go back and pick up the wood if you want it, otherwise let it rot.)

The trade off with this method is lower ql materials but more efficient and increased skill gain.

Alternative method for getting skill and good ql wood:

Requires 1ql high coc tool and another high ql high coc tool.

Chop with your 1ql skiller tool until just before the last strike which would fell the tree. (This gets you 6 additional strikes on an overaged tree for example as a 1 ql tool only does 7 damage per hit to overaged trees) Switch to your high ql tool for maximum chance at a high ql felled tree and chop up. Repair and rinse and repeat.

Again its all about efficiency. Try to limit all other actions other than those which would grant you skill gain. :)

And the one skill that trumps them all... Path of Knowledge meditation for Intellect of the Enlightened. Constant 25% xp bonus. Basically 2 and a half affinities in everything.

One more tip and I will stop...

Drag a cart with barrels of water and hot cauldrons with high ql hot (xp bonus) meals for mobile nourishment as you go. "Mobile life support"

Disclaimer: I wish I could come up with some cool monk proverb but seeing as I am not a monk, I'll just say. "Making your priority skilling while risking burnout, normally isn't worth it in the long run. Be warned." :)

Part of the fun can be the discovery of finding the most efficient way to level on your own for example.

"No sense going if you can't enjoy the trip along the way" I think is how it goes. :P

And if this all comes off as crazy ramblings, then someone hacked my account and impersonated me...

• Like 1

1. Stamina for action ques (remember not to do actions with no stamina)

2. Mind Logic for longer action ques

3. CoC on tools

4. Item quality adjustment dependent on skill level

5. Grinding intricacies at the higher levels

- cave/shallow water fishing over special fishing spots

- normal trees over fruit trees

- marble / gold for mining

- tar for digging

• Like 1

Okay so for example, I would like a guide on how to get from 70-100 Channeling in the fastest (not cheapest) way possible.

buy a finished account? :)

having others around you seems to be a good source of info/ experience. guides will always be like a employee guide, has the basics but nothing precise. expertise comes from experience. I would say try doing things you haven't done in a while or even things that wouldn't make sense, things don't work logically here, guess we just have to discover broken methods as they happen.

"Beware the minor difference in gains today, for the exhaustion it brings tomorrow"

That work for you tua? XD

• Like 2

Fastest way for woodcutting:

Cut down trees with a good hatchet with woa. Load the felled trees into an empty wagon(I think 50 fit?). Then use a low ql coc saw, or hatchet, with SB to chop up directly from the wagon. I personally use a saw, I havent tested to see which gave more gain.

PS: When chopping up the logs, they go straight on the ground instead of the wagon. I use crates, in another wagon, to load the logs into.

It may be the best way for pure woodcutting skill but u gonna miss out on a lot of stats for sure if u do it this way. U totally ignore the Cut_down actions here, which give u a ton of stats too.

• Like 1

"Beware the minor difference in gains today, for the exhaustion it brings tomorrow"

That work for you tua? XD

I should have known I could count on you for a nice intelligent quote. :P

• Like 1

Its like boiling water, find something to help take your mind off of things.

Dont think of it as a grind.

Some skills do require some knowledge for higher level work, such as more skill with mining higher difficulty veins: silver/gold

EDIT: Such things are more like tips than any real quide.

Edited by Klaa

It may be the best way for pure woodcutting skill but u gonna miss out on a lot of stats for sure if u do it this way. U totally ignore the Cut_down actions here, which give u a ton of stats too.

Well it is a woodcutting skill guide :P If they want the body skill gains as well, the way Tuanta said is best.

Edit: I would also be interested if some one would post more about the other skills. I haven't touched some of them and have thought about grinding them soon.

Edited by Nicrolis

I was I guess looking more after some high level tips. Most of these things are things that are already written in most guides. Like what the best spells are to cast to get the most experience once you are already at like 70 channeling or whether or not to use sb while casting or like to get FC up, you can enchant logs with coc too etc. So I guess more like in-the-know tips and tricks. Like with meditation, have two rugs, 1 normal ql1 high coc rug and one extremely high level possibly rare exquisite to get questions.

Well, for channeling explicitly, you need to buy gems to cast vessel on (freedom only) ((from my understanding this is usually sub 5ql gems, but i play on epic so =I'm probably wrong))

Before rares, it was advised to imp things with low material requirements, but now with the chance for rares, it is better to focus on useful tools while imping (eg hammers, pickaxes, hatchets for blacksmithing, rope tools for fine carpentry etc.)

When grinding gathering skills (mining, digging, fishing, woodcutting, farming etc) keep an altar of you faith nearby. All rares you get can be sacrificed, to max out nutrition and food. Having refresh (level 7 love path) also helps.

The only real way to actually get those high skills is putting in the time. You just have to forgo  efficiency sometimes, and just put in the hours.

• Like 1

I like that, some good tips and that's more like what I wanted ;)

And I know, in the end it is just about the time you put in, but those little tips can really help a lot too :)

Well, for channeling explicitly, you need to buy gems to cast vessel on (freedom only) ((from my understanding this is usually sub 5ql gems, but i play on epic so =I'm probably wrong))

Before rares, it was advised to imp things with low material requirements, but now with the chance for rares, it is better to focus on useful tools while imping (eg hammers, pickaxes, hatchets for blacksmithing, rope tools for fine carpentry etc.)

When grinding gathering skills (mining, digging, fishing, woodcutting, farming etc) keep an altar of you faith nearby. All rares you get can be sacrificed, to max out nutrition and food. Having refresh (level 7 love path) also helps.

The only real way to actually get those high skills is putting in the time. You just have to forgo efficiency sometimes, and just put in the hours.

**sub 10ql not 5

** path of love level 4 is refresh, not 7

• Like 1