Sign in to follow this  
nFox

Being griefed and the GM wants me to spend more money.

Get yourself a private island and you don't have to worry about dealing with others..thats what i do. 

^  That's what I do.  

If you don't want folks messing around near you - then deed it.  

• Like 1

Get yourself a private island and you don't have to worry about dealing with others..thats what i do. 

Haha, love that responds or do what I did and plop down a 101x101 :P

• Like 1

There is a simple solution, OP. I've done this myself, it is guaranteed to handle n00b griefers.

STEP 1: Find a spider.

STEP 2: Lead the spider to the n00b.

STEP 3: Repeat steps 1-2

STEP 4: Repeat step 3 until the n00b is gone.

Unfortunately that'd be classified as harrassment and action could be taken against that.

I want to thank everyone for their answers and listening to my problems :unsure:

Deed it or leave it.

(This thread can be closed or deleted, problem is solved.)

Good response, and one that appears to have been overlooked. 

• Like 1

roads can be destroyed as long as they are not official highway

It's a very delicate case. I once wanted to grief one of Hughmongus deeds perimeter. So I sent a support asking for approval to do that and I got declined. The GM said I would probably get banned if I harrased someone.

Edited by Issle

if i will make highway... i will not even ask if is ok with someone... deed it or loose it... land is already way too cheep to not deed it if u like it...  so move on, make deed where u are boss ...   keep highway builders do there work in peace

but since i dont wana be bad person or make you quit or something....  pm ingame you can join my nice deed north of glasshollow. u will get safe place to live and do what u like :D

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 2

Step 1: Make a new account
Step 2: Befriend the villain

Step 3: Offer him a ride to Xanadu

Step 4: Sail him into chaos instead.

Step 5: .....

Step 6: Profit !

• Like 4

He's entirely right, he can't do anything really about it. No matter what, a GM will never solve a problem like this. I do find it a bit rude that he didn't explain it fully and just said "have a nice day" cutting you off. But yar, it is rude, and it's said that enclosures aren't in affect anymore, so all noobs without deeds are really quite screwed. Think about opening a deed, it's only 1 silver a month upkeep for a 25x20.

I have deeded excess amount of land to even to point of owning water tiles to prevent things like this and I am forever in peace because of it. I've also deeded extra land so no one else deeds or I can get a friend to come over later. If you don't like what the person is doing then deed it.

• Like 1

Ok I have to write something and your not going to like it I am sure, I have been in this same situation but I am on the other side the thing is if you want something in this game you need to deed it and deed everything you think you might want. You say your being griefed but what about what your doing to his game play what about what he might want that is the best part of this game its a sandbox  we can build where ever we want if its not on a DEED. So maybe he likes roads and road making who are you to tell him no if I was him I would build the road and get on with it. Honestly he is the one that is the builder your the one QQing over property that you do not own Buy the land if you want it if not then its open for anyone.

That is the issue your not looking at his side in this only what you want and its all about poor you what about what he likes to do I love cutting trees and trust me its hard and I piss off many poeple but I like it and if you dont own a tree I am probably going to cut it down not you personally but I am just making a point. Some things like this needs to be looked at both ways I am sure he likes access and likes to build roads there are people in this game that enjoy that so really he is the one that is on the short end of the stick due to your claiming land you do not own.

Get over it and stop QQing about how the gm was wrong there I actually like the fact the Gm did not do anything as you Dont own anything out side your deed have a fun time in wurm but please dont start to claim land you dont own. That is called Land Mongering and many people hate it my self included.

Edited by Birdwatcher
  • Like 2

Hello Everyone.. Im the famous one here lol.. I really dont know wha to say, and I really never expected the person to bring this to the forums, cuz its so simple, and not that complicated of an issue... People tend to make things more complicated then what it really is thats because they choose to jump to conclusions with negative attitudes, and they dont even include the whole story or leave parts out as well.. For example this part at the end of that one convo out of a few... I dont have a screen shot but this is the ending of that one convo, and Im not going to get into the rest of it..

[08:49:14] <Xxwoofxx> but i was asking and you became rude who are you
[08:49:23] <Xxwoofxx> do you get that i was asking
[08:49:46] <Xxwoofxx> what part are you missing?
[08:50:19] <Xxwoofxx> its really hard getting up and down these slopes
[08:50:48] <Xxwoofxx> so i thought it would be nice to level it off a bit n put in a nice sloped road nothing crazy
[08:51:01] <Xxwoofxx> make life a little easier u know
[08:51:13] <Xxwoofxx> but i was here 3 days ago n there was no deed
[08:51:32] <Xxwoofxx> but as i was cutting down trees i seen there is now cuz i bumped into it
[08:51:42] <Xxwoofxx> so this is why i ask
[08:52:18] <Xxwoofxx> i didnt want to be in the way so i was asking its on the outskirts of your deed
[08:52:31] <Xxwoofxx> open wurm land land no one owns
[08:52:45] <Xxwoofxx> i was being nice and respectful asking but u got an attitude
[08:52:55] <Xxwoofxx> without even hearing the full thing
[08:53:53] <Xxwoofxx> would u care to reply? at least in a respectful way with no attitude?
[08:54:03] <Xxwoofxx> cuz  im not 13 u know
[08:54:11] <#######> you are threatening me
[08:54:27] <Xxwoofxx> you thretened me sorry and u was hostile and had an attitude
[08:54:30] <#######> i just did send a screenshot to a friend to show what you are doing here
[08:55:25] <Xxwoofxx> take all the screen shots u want they mean very little
[08:55:48] <Xxwoofxx> make sure u take them of the whole conversation including ur comments
[08:55:53] <#######> i did
[08:55:58] <Xxwoofxx> ok good

Id like to explain onto this.. First of when Im attempting to be positive with a good attitude and being nice which im rarely nice cuz  I dont generally care, But i do have empathy, and respect for someones creations... Im not the type of person I like to stay and explain myself in conversation when someone is already negative there is no point... Its pretty much going to go in circles so I say Bye.. I gave him a chance to discuss this, and at least hear why and to what extent..

The reason why... Starter village new character however im not new ive played before in the past- hence why i was asking.. This person decided to take the whole  water side between 2 mountains over a valley.. the only access for a new toon to eat drink fish and survive within reasonable distance or even build a simpel rowboat to travel the lake n look for land..  This slope hes under is very steep where a new character cannot climb up this slope comfertably or at least falling back down,  however there was one row 1 tile row that had a half decent easy access to the water supply which was on no deed... Was like a rough guess 14 tiles away, however the upper portion of the road top side did touch deed edge but not covering deed...

Ok now road... What is a road?? road can be diff things in wurm.. A dirt road path, or concrete ect... I wouldnt mind a concrete road but i was willing to settle for a dirt path.. I was in the area 3 days ago there was no deed. So When I started to clear grass smooth terrain cut trees in the way ..Mind u im not buiilding anything or laying any slabs or constructing any buildings of any kind.. I didnt even use my shovel not once to even out the terrain slightly, and if I did get that far in my plan it probly would have been 2-10 slops here n there not that much of a differece, just enough to prevent damage going down and an easy ride on up in case mobs were around which I did die 3 times in one day cuz I could not see through the forest up the slope...

I didnt see the harm in a simple dirt road slightly changed, if he was ok with a real road I would have went as far to pave it..  Every one in wurm has a right to fish and drink of water do they not??? Especially when not on deed, and so clost to a starter village within 250 tiles only nearest water source ...

Even tho what I thought was best for me I took a second to think about him, so I wanted to ask n see how he felt before going on with the full project since I didnt know the deed now was there until I bumped into it today when it was not there 3 days ago... I assumed there was no deed, since I last check what can I say.. The work that I had already done wasnt much like I said only smoothing n removal of grass to dirt tile and trees... I see him also complaining bout the trees, but hes down there still building a house thats how new the deed is... Free wood right but no he doesnt that lol.... However the dirt road does go back approx 50 tiles to connect to another 1 tile concrete road soemone else previously made, and is only ONE TILE WIDE... Yeup yeup thats alot of dammage wow/.... Imagine that... lol

Hes tripping bout me making threats.. Yes it I may have said a threat but it was in reference to his threat first... Was I wrong Idk, maybe... I know in my mind i was speaking figuritivly if You do then I can do this too... I wasnt saying I will do this.... Hes talking bout building stuff, at no time was I making any buildings or constructions.. Big difference between that and a 1 tile wide dirt road in my mind... We all know the conviences of roads in wurm need I say more.. A dirt road nothing that cant heal over time naturally.. No Biggie...

But..  Um yea ok I figured Id have a say in this since he wants to take it this far behave this way and overreact... lol...  I dont think he has to go buy a deed to protect his land.. Im not trying to live there; but at this moment Im thinking about it just for kicks and giggles cuz the way he acted.. Like I said Im generally not nice and dont care... Im not an emotional person... As others have said they would do it too for the hell of it and im seriously thinking bout it... But.. He could have prevented all this if he would have just kept kool and just asked and spoke like a normal person without being emotional and jumping to conclusions and puffy.. Im not a difficult person to get along with, and I do make comprimises... So right now.. Maybe he should get a deed unless he wants to make friends and become civil, and stop luring me with trolls and  following me around the map grid, digging dirt tiles out from underneat me as i try to climb the slope knowing its a new toon... Cuz two can play that game.. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander... :P

Ps: the reason why I chose that one tile sloped area in that exact spot not farther down cuz it would have required more hours of work and effort for something as simple as food/fish and water and a  dirt road.... Just didnt make any sense to go through all that work cuz the slope was way steeper in other areas...

Edited by xxwoofxx
  • Like 1

I think I have to change my view on this topic... The game creator, which is Rolf owns all of Xanadu, and all the rest of the servers nobody else owns nothing. We are simply renting space in a game that we think we own. With that said, I think I'm gonna call Rolf big daddy now and will ask him if I can dig 1 dirt on one of my deeds and ask his forgiveness for deeding on his servers and pray to Fo, Mag, Libilia and Vyn so that they don't send lightning bolts on top of my head. I really wanna keep my helm and my sword.

• Like 1

I like this 

or....deed on top of a mountain, where nobody knows were you are or can get to you....that's what I do.

• Like 1

I want to thank everyone for their answers and listening to my problems :unsure:

Deed it or leave it.

(This thread can be closed or deleted, problem is solved.)

Think the issue was resolved here guys.

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 2

The game creator, which is Rolf owns all of Xanadu, and all the rest of the servers nobody else owns nothing. We are simply renting space in a game that we think we own.

100% agree....... But theres alot of people who are not renting, and feel entitled to it anyways n say MINE!! lol

On epic servers you can actually do something about strangers in your area of influence.  You can help them on their way outta your area or you can drop them dead where they stand.  You have incentive to band with other like minded people to protect your territory.  Enjoy your beautiful well groomed home surrounded by parking lots created by the bricklayers 101 union.   Desertion server has lots of space left for an explorer with a backbone.

I fail to see anything in the description or the conversation that indicates any sort of Griefing, as defined in http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/7-game-rules/.

Block Access? NOPE.

Harassment? NOPE.

Lockpicking? NOPE.

Highway modification? NOPE.

Heritage site modification? NOPE.

KoS violations? NOPE.

Blocking Merchants? NOPE.

Seems to me this is a pretty normal case of 2 people disagreeing on something, but nothing on the level of griefing.

Building a road on someones perimeter is also none of the above, but removing the road is a violation,I think that is where a lot of the hassles begin, to be honest most times a road is coming through asking is a formality at best, and that's if they even bother. 

I'm curious about why some people are so hell bent on building roads through areas where they don't even live if it's obviously otherwise occupied. :s

• Like 4