Sign in to follow this  
Daolin

Revert the map to clean out the Volcanos on Chaos

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rolf revert the map to undo the damage caused by the two Volcanos?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, July 3, 2014 - Thread cleaning.
Hidden by Elen, July 3, 2014 - Thread cleaning.

Wait for OP to confirm that he did in fact mean manual removal. Nobody in their right mind would demand a full rollback that goes back several weeks so stop using that as an argument. It is invalid.

As far as you not going to be up in arms about it, had it been another kingdom. I think the collective post history of MR on the suggestions forum would prove that I am right about that.

IMO chaos should get random fissures + craters too, since you guys got sorcery and all

it would be hilarious to see all of these chaos idiots complain when their deed gets leveled 4000 slope down after telling us its not a big deal.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Just want to start out and say this

I do not represent "MR's opinion" (What ever that is?), and what i say is my opinion and mine alone.

First off theres a few things i want to clear up here. Theres a lot of accusations and things made up so ill just set the fact straight so we can stop the ######.These arent bugs. I dont care what you say, they are not bugs. When the valrei items first came out, yes Volcano rods were available.They were removed by Rolf when he saw they were on the loot table, and did not want Freedom to use them (you wouldbt be able to use them on freedom servers anyway). They are not "bugs" or whatever you call them. 

Now that thats off my chest, i cant help but agree with the op to a degree. Honestly i was not a fan of these rods being used, as many MR folk know, and i do agree we should ruin our lovely map with pits of lava. I take pride in the fact we do not have these crappy epic features on our server, and i take pride in the fact Chaos is the longest standing map in wurm. 

I'd honestly like a revert done (if you can even do them?) and for them to be reimbursed for their time. 2 valrei items per rod, with their choosing from every one available. I think that is only fair for the time wasted for MR.

Edited by Redd

View hidden Post

Wait for OP to confirm that he did in fact mean manual removal. Nobody in their right mind would demand a full rollback that goes back several weeks so stop using that as an argument. It is invalid.

As far as you not going to be up in arms about it, had it been another kingdom. I think the collective post history of MR on the suggestions forum would prove that I am right about that.

Collective post history of MR doesn't dictate my personality, attitude and view on things. I said I would not be in a hissy fit about it because, knowing myself and my views and beliefs, I know it wouldn't bother me for someone to use something that they rightfully gained.

And I honestly think it's reasonable to base my argument against something that is very clearly stated in the topic and through the thread. If that is not what daolin meant, that is his failing, not mine.

I do not represent "MR's opinion" (What ever that is?), and what i say is my opinion and mine alone.

First off theres a few things i want to clear up here. Theres a lot of accusations and things made up so ill just set the fact straight so we can stop the ######.These arent bugs. I dont care what you say, they are not bugs. When the valrei items first came out, yes Volcano rods were available.They were removed by Rolf when he saw they were on the loot table, and did not want Freedom to use them (you wouldbt be able to use them on freedom servers anyway). They are not "bugs" or whatever you call them. 

Now that thats off my chest, i cant help but agree with the op to a degree. Honestly i was not a fan of these rods being used, as many MR folk know, and i do agree we should ruin our lovely map with pits of lava. I take pride in the fact we do not have these crappy epic features on our server, and i take pride in the fact Chaos is the longest standing map in wurm. 

I'd honestly like a revert done (if you can even do them?) and for us to be reimbursed for our time. We will accept 2 valrei items per rod, with our choosing from every one available. I think that is only fair for the time wasted for us.

The problem is that every time something like this happens, and it often does. The changes are not reverted fully. You would for example get to keep all the illicitly gained moon metal. For it to be fair, you would have to let go of that and accept 2 valrei items chosen randomly from the loot table. That is assuming the uniques you killed did not drop other valrei items besides the rods.

IMO chaos should get random fissures + craters too, since you guys got sorcery and all

it would be hilarious to see all of these chaos idiots complain when their deed gets leveled 4000 slope down after telling us its not a big deal.

chaos idiot I might be but I've also played on Affliction and would be in favor of fixing some of those as well.

View hidden Post

Wait.

You're asking for a server roll back for 1 month.

PAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHahahaha

ahaaahhahaaaa

haha

ha.

aaaaa

Good luck.

Devs can manually raise the ground. sorted. Didn't realise moon metal was generated from these holes - can remove them too.

It seems a bit strange to me that the HoTA was initially added as a incentive to PvP with decent rewards; only to give the same adamantine reward spawning far more often spewing out of a volcano in a location of the planters choosing. Just seems like really bad game balance regardless of what kingdom does it.

You can say fight for the volcanoes or whatever but the fact you can plant them where you please means they will always be planted in the most secure locations possible; the only other alternative placement being in the middle of major roads or whatever to grief people.

chaos idiot I might be but I've also played on Affliction and would be in favor of fixing some of those as well.

By chaos idiot, i was referring to those saying 4000 slope craters are reasonable on a server they don't play on.

I honestly don't really care too much about the addy, yes its a nice little commodity because we don't have to use 99ql stuff for creation, but I do like the volcanoes because they leave a mark on things and seriously.... lava is awesome.

View hidden Post

Wait.

You're asking for a server roll back for 1 month.

PAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHahahaha

ahaaahhahaaaa

haha

ha.

aaaaa

Good luck.

No, just that the damage be fixed - if they can make an item that spawns this thing, surely they can restore the land with a similar item, may not be possible to restore it to exactly how it was before the volcanos but at the very least rolf should have the ability to clear it up.

I'd honestly like a revert done (if you can even do them?) and for them to be reimbursed for their time. 2 valrei items per rod, with their choosing from every one available. I think that is only fair for the time wasted for MR.

I can only speak for myself but I would have no problem with MR being reimbursed with two random valrei items. You should not get to choose these as no one else has been able to choose theirs.

As for reverting, This is a massive map, which I can only assume is broken into chunks much like a minecraft map. Surely it should be possibly to isolate those areas and replace the map data with a backup from before these events?

Im all up for reverting them. Thats just my opinion though. Reimbursement would be required of course.

View hidden Post

itt people think 2 volcanos are the worst damage the wild map has seen in it's history

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Delete Chaos, make a new map :P

• Like 8

Im all up for reverting them. Thats just my opinion though. Reimbursement would be required of course.

Some might argue that you have already been compensated by having those silly moon rocks spawning for the past 2+ weeks, though I agree you should be compensated with a valrei item that was meant to be on the server in replacement per rod used.

Obviously compensation would be up to the dev's but there's no objections from me since you guys would be owed 2 random items.

So long as they fix the bloomin map

Quick question. How does this affect you Daolin? You obviously have been troubled by these volcanos in some form. Why do you want them removed?

They come out at a random QL, nothing special tbh, there is also a 300x300 area which they are meant to spew out on, with a render distance of roughly 5 tiles... its like a needle in a haystack xD

Daolin, could you please change the thread title to not suggest that you're asking for a rollback, to avoid confusion by people that vote on polls without reading the thread? (insofar as that can be helped....)

Quick question. How does this affect you Daolin? You obviously have been troubled by these volcanos in some form. Why do you want them removed?

I don't like it when bugs cause damage to a map that I have played on for a very long time, regardless of what some might think, moon metal is junk as far as i'm concerned.  Imagine the outcry if someone destroyed a 300x300 area of one of the non-pvp servers.

Was the same when those silly spikes were spawning in years ago, thankfully most of that damage was undone.

ok so honestly, I had no idea were these volcanoes were as I have yet to see them, No, looking at their locations what the hell are ccycou ccrying ccaccbout? You will never see the one south of HOM unless you actually try to raid something... which you wont that far into MR lands anyway. The other location is kinda in the way for traveling from server to server. However, with the MR presence int he area, you are at far more risk getting killed by a player before you get close to the thing anyway.

So this is absolutly NOT about ruining your view but instead about the metal. Personally, I think its more about reverting your deed than anything and you thought by crying that its a pockmark on our beautiful map you might gain followers.

If you don't like the looks of our volcanoes then don't come into our lands.

If its about the metal... here's a thought... GO WIN A HOTA!

• Like 2

ok so honestly, I had no idea were these volcanoes were as I have yet to see them, No, looking at their locations what the hell are ccycou ccrying ccaccbout? You will never see the one south of HOM unless you actually try to raid something... which you wont that far into MR lands anyway. The other location is kinda in the way for traveling from server to server. However, with the MR presence int he area, you are at far more risk getting killed by a player before you get close to the thing anyway.

So this is absolutly NOT about ruining your view but instead about the metal. Personally, I think its more about reverting your deed than anything and you thought by crying that its a pockmark on our beautiful map you might gain followers.

If you don't like the looks of our volcanoes then don't come into our lands.

If its about the metal... here's a thought... GO WIN A HOTA!

I see the confusion now, I don't want a map rollback I want the volcano area's restored, I couldn't care less about deed damage being rolled back - this is not about kingdoms or deeds this is about the map.

I don't like it when bugs cause damage to a map that I have played on for a very long time, regardless of what some might think, moon metal is junk as far as i'm concerned.  Imagine the outcry if someone destroyed a 300x300 area of one of the non-pvp servers.

Was the same when those silly spikes were spawning in years ago, thankfully most of that damage was undone.

Could you tell me what this "bug" is? Acquiring the rod (which said "bug" has been fixed), or planting it?

You realise a volcano is only ~60x60 at most. Why are you massively exaggerating the size of it?

+1 @ OP if there's a way to reset the area and not the entire map

Edited by Deathangel
  • Like 1