Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Impalong

Honestly though, it feels like you're kind of designing an impalong around the idea that you want to kill this drake. I'm not sure I can completely agree with that, but I might send an alt down for a bit of fun anyways. You might as well get someone experienced in organizing impalongs to help you, if you haven't done one back on release before.

Or have you been preparing one for a while now?

Edited by williamwierd

+1 for the concept, at least they are ALLOWING anyone to come by to see the Dragon, and even permitting a chance to fight. just means that it will have more casualties than calling in a swat team "to get the JOB done", you know.

Well no one will die by a dragon's hand on my deed..there will be houses to shelter everyone..and if it becomes much of a trouble..i will get it away from there in the desert...its just a fun event..and the deed will be ready...everyone will be informed on what we have at the deed and what we plan to do..if not dragon slaying..and impalong would be absolutely awesome and which can help many new players

If it really is prepared for a decent impalong, all i can say is wow, that was quick building xD lol

So, is this an impalong now, which possible chance of dragon kill?

Or is the dragon slaying being scheduled?

The impalong will be next weekend..that will give us time to prepare better for it..and the dragonslaying will be whenever we can get enough people..if we dont get enough people..there wont be a dragonslaying..but there willl definately be an impalong..do come..everyone! :)

An impalong is a great thing.  So is the dragon slaying.  Dragon slaying is infinitely easier and faster to organize than impalong.  The one on indy normally took months to prepare and that was with all the buildings in place.  Will be interesting to see what pops up.

I like the idea of an auction for the drops.

I will try to attend tho i'm not sure if i can make it, having an actual time set for the kill will make my chances of attending higher :P

For the impalong part, if i make it i can do LW/BS/ShS/Carp to 70+. I'll bring some 80ql iron with me but i'm short on decent QL leather and my WC sucks.

• Like 1

Hi,
Pulled this from my logs of the Xanadu chat from over a couple weeks ago. I'm not claiming any ownership of that green champ drake. But he was hanging out at my place too. And I think this is the very first screenie of him.

Logging started 2014-06-12
[19:06:56] <Gumbo> oh stinky poo... I came all this way to get away from neighbours and this guy shows up...   http://tinypic.com/r/30j20dy/8

Anyway, good luck with the kill. I'll try to make it over there. It's not too far from me at all.

o/

• Like 1

Edit:  Good luck, I live right across the bay.  Probably too short notice for me to help in any meaningful way but I'll probably stop by and will pitch in how I can.

Edited by belthize

Eh it's a new server, less than a month old and has a bunch of new players. I believe we can make a spontaneous impalong that would be somewhat useful to somebody without months of preparation.

I'd come for the impalong and the dragon slaying :) < 93BS and a Vyn Priest to help with enchants at least for the first day!

Count Gum in.. 0fs 0 huge axe skill 0 everything.  :P No, I'm kidding.  I will be there with 73 FS and an enchanted huge axe

Soon Xanadu will know, what Release has known for months ;)

• Like 11

I have serious doubts that the OP has the experience/reputation required to put on such an event. I'll be attending the slaying now that Ruger has taken that part over but I'm still undecided about taking part in the impalong. 

Edited by Amber

I have serious doubts that the OP has the experience/reputation required to put on such an event. I'll be attending the slaying now that Ruger has taken that part over but I'm still undecided about taking part in the impalong. 

I don't want to stir drama, but please people, do not in any way expect an impalong in the usual form to take place. OP has today started another thread than this one on this same subforum - because this thread wasn't enough - where he states that he is available to personally imp any new players' tools to 50 in the coming weekend. 

That is all that is planned I believe, just saying, in case not all have seen this.

Soon Xanadu will know, what Release has known for months ;)

I'm highly entertained so far by the threads and direction changes. Us in the know can just watch and wait gleefully!

• Like 5

I won't come as a Leatherworker since there is no mobs for hides in Xanadu, and there is no information that it's being fixed....

Regarding impalong, can you please update the OP with things like:

Time of start

Time of end

What mats are provided and what are not (i.e. which crafting areas will you provide mats for and which do people need to bring their own?)

Would like to attend but without this info its pretty difficult!

The impalong is tomorrow..no specified time..it can last as long as people wish to stay..no restrictions on anything...also..we have leather now..coordages..lots of em...we will keep the information posted..also the impalong spot will be  enough to accomodate all and give max bonus to priests while sermoning :D

It would be highly appreciated if players could bring unfinished beds for themselves in case they have plans to stay :)

Everyone is expected to bring all their tools readymade...it would be easier for the blacksmith to just improve the tools rather than attaching handle and doing all that stuff...so all the tools which are brought for imping should be readymade :)
Also it would be nice if everyone could come at 7-8 cest...if before that..maybe i wont be online as i have tuitions.
thankyou :)

So far..we have managed to gather all the stuff we will need..we have iron ore 2000 so far(upto 65.6QL)..and more incoming ...lots of coordages(ang 40QL)...and more being made on site...we have been doing the stuff and decorations for it..some forges are to be made and some coffins too..but am sure it will all be done when i get online tonight...also managed to make a nice pond for priests to fish and feed us with their high powered meals...we are short on veggies..if anyone would like to sell some..nows the chance..BUYING UPTO 500..leather is available as well upto 70 QL (if leather workers could bring some ash..it would be good as there are many hides as well)...here are some pics of the working site..i think the pond looks really great :)

wurm201407051436_1_zps13a63338.jpg

wurm201407051436_zps2fce617c.jpg

Edited by Hashirama