my observations with the potions are as follows

alchemy 57

natural substances 93

channeling 1

30 potions can be made from one 0.03 weight source salt

potions ranged from 50-99ql

casts/improves ranged from 9-14 power

9 potions to max power

1. [08:20:59] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [13]      13
  2. [08:21:35] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [24]    +11
  3. [08:25:49] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [35]    +11
  4. [08:26:17] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [45]    +10
  5. [08:27:20] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [56]    +11
  6. [08:27:57] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [68]    +12
  7. [08:28:25] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [81]    +13
  8. [08:40:54] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [92]    +11
  9. [10:09:02] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [100]   maxed

-

1. [19:04:58] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [10]    10       /50ql potion
  2. [19:05:49] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [23]   +13      /60q lpotion
  3. [19:11:29] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [33]   +10      /70ql potion
  4. [19:12:34] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [46]   +13      /70ql potion
  5. [19:13:34] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [59]   +13      /70ql potion
  6. [19:16:00] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [69]   +10      /85ql potion
  7. [19:16:41] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [82]   +13      /91ql potion
  8. [19:19:26] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [92]   +10      /94ql potion
  9. [19:20:49] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [100]  maxed /94ql potion

-

1. [19:28:58] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [10]      10    /40ql potion
  2. [19:31:17] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [20]    +10    /50ql potion
  3. [19:32:20] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [32]    +12    /60ql potion
  4. [19:33:26] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [44]    +12    /67ql potion
  5. [19:34:06] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [53]    +9      /70ql potion
  6. [19:34:51] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [67]    +14    /85ql potion
  7. [19:35:39] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [78]    +11    /85ql potion
  8. [19:41:41] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [91]    +13    /85ql potion
  9. [19:42:12] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves carpentry max ql [100]  maxed/88ql potion

didnt bother trying past 100 as i think it would fail

will post more with my imping observations once i have had more time to play around see what these powers can do

if anyone wants imbuing done / blood mixed its absolutely free if you want to travel to me or find me after an event :P

• Like 23

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I have applied around ten potions with my ~30 natural substances and ~11 alchemy, and I have always added 8 to 11 to the power of the cast, never more than 11. Probably somewhere around an average of 9.5. When you compare this to Aum's numbers this suggests skill is a factor when applying potions since he got an average power increase of 11.

At the very least it causes the enchant to wear off slower (every pot you add takes longer to wear off than the pots previously added). Not sure about its influence other than that.

98 power woodcutting potion on hatchet @ 75 woodcutting gave 85ql felled trees,

not sure yet but its possible the leatherworking/smithing potions will let us imp up to 10ql over out limit

98 power woodcutting potion on hatchet @ 75 woodcutting gave 85ql felled trees,

This sounds just a tad OP tbh.

Yes you need to gather about 10 potions, but if they work like enchantments a high power like that will take a long long time to wear off, and it devalues the high gathering skills by A LOT.

And at the prices I see them going for, getting 10 potions out of a public slaying that easily yields 50-60-100 bloods is not hard at all.

I don't like the direction these loot changes took, reminds me a bit of the epic skill curve.

gathering tools sure

but on imping tools? Not sure it is so outrageously OP.. you use 5 different imping tools, and with smithing or example, the only ones you'll keep forever are the hammer, lump, and water (which i'd expect these potions would have no affect on just like coc / woa

• Like 1

Alchemy and Natural Substances skill gain is rewarded when applying the potions, therefore it stands to reason that they play a part in that process.

It would be interesting to see the amount of skill gained for each application at varying levels.

This sounds just a tad OP tbh.

Yes you need to gather about 10 potions, but if they work like enchantments a high power like that will take a long long time to wear off, and it devalues the high gathering skills by A LOT.

And at the prices I see them going for, getting 10 potions out of a public slaying that easily yields 50-60-100 bloods is not hard at all.

I don't like the direction these loot changes took, reminds me a bit of the epic skill curve.

They wear off rather quickly actually on the ones I've heard people using and personally used. Only one I'm unsure about is the acid one. I think it devalues nothing since a Large portion of the player base has the gathering skills to support there trade skills.

Well I heard a 14 power potion wore down to 2 in about 500 actions, but an enchantment of low power like that has a similar lifespan, hence my worry about the 90+ power potions lasting a long long time.

Yes a large portion of the player base have the skills to do that, but as it is now, you could get a 100 strength imbuement on a pickaxe for 20s, add rare bonus to that and you can pop out a ton of ql 90+ ore at 80 mining. That is a LOT of hours of grinding you are able to skip with money, and that is something I am definately against. There is enough of that with account selling and buying.

you cannot dispel these potions or anything below them in the list when you examine a tool

*tested on stonecutting cast

Edited by Aum

10 full points of quality sounds a little too strong compared to rare/supreme benefits. I'd think 5 total is a little more appropriate? I seem to remember hearing that rare/supreme bonus don't add to these totals.

Did you confirm that aum?

Edited by Sevenless

Well I heard a 14 power potion wore down to 2 in about 500 actions, but an enchantment of low power like that has a similar lifespan, hence my worry about the 90+ power potions lasting a long long time.

Yes a large portion of the player base have the skills to do that, but as it is now, you could get a 100 strength imbuement on a pickaxe for 20s, add rare bonus to that and you can pop out a ton of ql 90+ ore at 80 mining. That is a LOT of hours of grinding you are able to skip with money, and that is something I am definately against. There is enough of that with account selling and buying.

Savings 20 hours of grinding, for 20s-ish worth in potions. Lol

10 full points of quality sounds a little too strong compared to rare/supreme benefits. I'd think 5 total is a little more appropriate? I seem to remember hearing that rare/supreme bonus don't add to these totals.

Did you confirm that aum?

It doesn't work that way. I have only gotten two felled trees above my skill level with 99 woodcutting and a rare ql98 hatchet with ~60 woodcutting potion on it. One was ql99.2 and one was ql99.7.

It doesn't work that way. I have only gotten two felled trees above my skill level with 99 woodcutting and a rare ql98 hatchet with ~60 woodcutting potion on it. One was ql99.2 and one was ql99.7.

It works just like rare for above 90, it scales iirc. At 99 the effect is 1/10th the power (meaning you could in theory get 99.9 with 99 skill). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It works just like rare for above 90, it scales iirc. At 99 the effect is 1/10th the power (meaning you could in theory get 99.9 with 99 skill). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That's not how the rare effect seems to scale, and even if it were there's no evidence that the new effect scales the same way as the rare effect.

/sarcasm on

Ohnoz! Someone can spend 20+s to get the "chance" of 250-500 99ql ore/wood! Which in turn helps them imp beyond 95ql on tools at a rate of 1 per hour+ to 2 per hour+... Ohnoez iz broken!

/sarcasm off

I personally can't imp into the 90's yet, but I do know enough about it that 90+ is a right pain even with mid-high 90 skill, and then at 95+ there is yet another drop off where successful imps are in the 0.0001's kinda thing. Just wanted to point that out. ;)

the woodcutting effect only works for chopping down trees wheres the rare/supreme effect only works when chopping up logs