Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Allow Altar Push/Pull On Drop Tile

Nothing is more frustrating (well, I can think of other things, but....) than creating an altar that cannot be moved from the stupid place it dropped.  I suggest allowing altars to be pushed and pulled within the tile they are created on.  This would allow fine-tuning of the position of the altar but still prevent it from being pushed off the tile.

To be clear, allow the altar to be positioned using push/pull but only on the tile it is dropped onto when created.

Discuss.

• Like 17

What?  You want things to start to be... logical??? ahahahahahahahahaha

+1

I just placed an altar using a tried and tested method of dropping the large anvil to predict where the altar would end up approximately. I dropped the anvil a few times to get a feel for where the altar would end up, but when the altar was made, it was right at my feet. Now i got an altar in the middle of the room instead of against the wall. 

Being able to move altars, even slightly, would be very helpful, especially since you cannot create them in a spot of your choosing to begin with.

• Like 5

+1 every time it's suggested,  maybe this is the year.

• Like 2

+1 (although load on an altar with no blessing would be nice too)

+1, again.....why isn't this implemented yet?

Either that, or the drop location should be less random.. like, not random at all.. 

I, too, am tired of 'decorating around' an awkwardly placed atar. 

No, my feng shui isn't off... it's wogical. 

+1

• Like 1

+1

tried the "drop a large anvil" the altar ended up 2 pushes further away and in the wall!

wogic !!!

+1. But I am also okay with being able to push off of the tile it was created on. Been able to push a stone alter halfway across the map for almost a decade, but can't budge any other alter type... that's just silly.

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post, but:

tried the "drop a large anvil" the altar ended up 2 pushes further away and in the wall!

wogic !!!

What most people don't explain about that trick is the item's placement also depends on your field of view at the time. If you move your visual display a mere fraction from what it was when you dropped the initial item, the secondary item falls in a different place.

The best way to do it is stand directly where you want the item and look directly down at your feet - as low as your display allows you to. The item should be created where you stand.

This doesn't work for all items. Field of view does play a part when dropping an item like a medi rug, but the placement is relatively random.

• Like 2

If there was a proper method to know exactly where the altar would drop it would also be ok. For instance, why can they simply not drop centered on your feet as objects do when unloading them?

Moving them on the same tile works too though.

+1

+1

Was going to make a thread about this but I noticed one was already available, this needs to be addressed as there is nothing more frustrating to the eye than a misplaced object you cannot move/replace.

Edited by Huntar

+1 MUST be able to move alter inside its drop tile... even towers can be "adjusted" now... 

+1. But I am also okay with being able to push off of the tile it was created on. Been able to push a stone alter halfway across the map for almost a decade, but can't budge any other alter type... that's just silly.

QFT.