Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Oak Harbour - hermits welcome

z6t8HZZ.jpg

Oak Harbour is located at M21 on the in-game map, right on the eastern shore of Crystal Lake.  It's a nice, quiet area with rarely seen neighbors, and loads of open space nearby, for those who prefer a bit of elbow room. We've been located at this spot for 10+ years now, so there's little fear of the settlement disappearing in the night and leaving you homeless.

The deed has a fairly massive mine, packed with iron of all qualities, and cursed with loads of gold and sandstone. We've also got zinc, tin, copper, silver, and marble. Clay and tar are right on the shore below the bridge. Our adjoining deed, Oak Harbour Farms supplies nearly 1000 tiles of farmland for any aspiring farmers or ranchers. (Oak Harbour Farms has been let go to lower upkeep costs, but the space is still open for farming.)

A large, stocked workshop is open to all villagers, with some basic tools and materials provided. You'd have free reign over a section of land to terraform and build whatever your heart desires. The amount of land is negotiable, depending on how many villagers we have, how active you are, etc., but roughly 10x10 as a general rule. Or, you can just chill in one of the secure apartments inside the castle and make use of the community buildings.  There's also plenty of building space within the mine if you'd like to live as a dwarf!

Hunters flourish in the area, as we're surrounded by woodland, and next to the Eastern Plains steppe, which is a great locale for your first forays into fighting.

Please be aware Oak Harbour does not have templars, and the deed isn't fully enclosed, so be prepared to defend yourself against (or hide from) aggros in the area!  There are guard towers that cover the area if you get into a pickle, though.

For the most part, our alliance is made up of folks who play somewhat "hermit" style. We're all happy to help as and when we can, but mostly do our own thing. If you're looking for a village with lots of village-participation activities to get involved in, we are probably not the right fit. However, if you're just after a spot to hang out, craft, build, and maybe jump into a chat about how amazing cheese and bacon are, we've got you covered.

We do not ask for "rent" or "tax" toward the upkeep of the deed or anything else.
While donations to upkeep are certainly welcome, there is zero pressure to spend your hard-earned silver on it!

If you might be interested, leave a reply here, send me a forum PM, or catch me in game, and I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

No bigots. No beggars. No bullies.

YXyRfDd.jpg

Edited by Schiann
tweaked description
  • Like 3

I'm baaaaaack!

Offer of a quiet corner is open again for someone interested in an area with very few neighbours. Newbies welcome, though I can't promise I will be a huge help, as I've only just returned after a very long absence, myself.

The Oak Harbour area is well suited for someone looking to strike out on their own in the wilderness, but needs a base of operations while they get the hang of things, and gain skill.  Loads of open space nearby.

Drop me a note on the forum, or hit me up in game.

• Like 5

Schiann is a kind soul who has given another returning player a home in her beautiful deed! 

Close to the Steppe, on the water, good infrastructure, and visiting Pingpongs, what more could a Wurmian desire?

• Like 1

Looks like the folks that joined over the holidays have gone MIA, so there is some space if anyone's interested.

• Like 4

Bumpity bump.

We've got a few villagers again now, but still plenty of space to build, if anyone is looking for a settlement.

Definitely on the frontier.  To the North and to the East is undeveloped country, as well as many "dead and decayed" old deeds for great archaeology.  Need more people.   Schiann is taking us to Chaos next month to loot and pillage.  Who doesn't want some of that? 

Cheers.

We're definitely not going to Chaos. :P

I've just rebuilt a road to the upper part of the deed; perfect for someone who wants to build something with a great view of the lake and Dragon Fang.

Oak Harbour is an amazing place, run by a great player.
I was given just the start I needed to ground myself in Wurm before striking out on my own.

It is a Great Community, a Well run Place and somewhere you can really call home.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Whilst myself and others from the village are currently messing around on Defiance, the Oak Harbour deed is very much still there. 

My apologies to the "new" villager who has seen me 3 or 4 times in the months they have been playing. 🤣

I am returning to the game after 5 year hiatus and have an alt on my steam account I would like to anchor there while I explore the changes to Indi if you are still accepting new villagers.

His name is Bacharaites.

36 minutes ago, Bachus said:

I am returning to the game after 5 year hiatus and have an alt on my steam account I would like to anchor there while I explore the changes to Indi if you are still accepting new villagers.

His name is Bacharaites.

Happy to take you in. Just be aware I am the worst mayor at the moment, because of being distracted by the new servers. 

I will add Bacharaites to the recruitment list in the morning, so you can just type the following to join when you're online:

/join village Oak Harbour

I'd add you tonight, but I've just shut down the computer and headed to bed. 😬

While most of us from Oak Harbour and the alliance are playing on Defiance, I'm still happy to invite people to join Oak Harbour if they're after a place to get started. Or you can join up with us on Defiance if you're curious about the PvP side of Wurm. :)

I've returned from my time on other servers, and back at Oak Harbour, tidying up.

Several open areas ready for building/terraforming now, if anyone is looking for a place to settle.

• Like 2

Hello, I'm a looking for a spot. Tazerlol says good things about you and brought me nearby :)

On 4/20/2022 at 7:37 AM, baseema said:

Hello, I'm a looking for a spot. Tazerlol says good things about you and brought me nearby :)

Hi Baseema. I'll message you :)

Baseema, check your forum messages. I need to know if your in-game name is the same as your forum name.

• Like 1

Just a quick bump to welcome a new villager, and let folks know the village is still open. 😃