Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Hammer of Magranon on Epic/Chaos.

I don't really know who complained, but my guess is that its probably from Chaos because we haven't used the Warhammer much on Epic.  The issue, however, is the Hammer of Magranon is on two servers with different mechanics.  On Epic, Body Strength doesn't play a large factor in applying damage where as on Chaos it does.  Having high body strength on Chaos will result in more damage, but not so much on Epic because it was meant to make fights a bit longer and easier for new players to compete.

So when you call something like the Hammer of Magranon overpowered you (developers/council) aren't looking at it on Epic as well, but you are changing it regardless.  On Epic the Warhammer is about as strong as Large Maul.  Could you possibly revert it to being one handed on Epic?  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

I can safely say that we as BL on Chaos didn't rant for a change.

Those who have used the weapon, who actually know about the hammer of Mag would all agree that it is possibly the most balanced 'God' weapon there is in wurm. I'm gonna use maurizio as an example of how easy it is to assume a weapon is OP when the lines of communication are blurred. MR and JK on chaos know it is a balanced weapon.

if this really was a player council balance, then why was it not a overall change to all artifacts.. it was a targeted change for whatever reason. and a terrible change by people who have obviously never used it or dont know what the concept of balance in a game is.

seriously, these ninja nerfs are utterly terrible.

doesnt matter on epic cause it doesnt leave its chest

• Like 4

I have no idea who is on this "Council"  but some of the "Balanced changes" and "Fair and un-bias" decisions are about as self-serving as any I've ever seen in wurm in the past year.  Either they aren't brought to the attention of the "Committee" or it doesn't exist, or its just a smokescreen.  Either way, everything is being discussed behind closed doors, without any knowledge.  Your going to get a lot of dissent, when arbitrary decisions are done like that.   Personally, most of the changes I've seen to PvP in the last year have been utter rubbish, very few of them with the exception of mine doors were even discussed, and none of them before implementation.  

The hammer of Mag is a good example.  It is only a nasty weapon when used properly, by a mag priest, and you have to train up the skill for it.   What I can't understand is why people are complaining about it, when there are very few I've seen on the receiving end, even with MR's penchant for using it often.    Honestly I think its a shock for many in our community, since both the JK and MR have used it in PvP and I've seen little complaint about it, suddenly there is someone standing in a closed room, a someone who no one knows suddenly whispering in Rolf's ear that it needs changed.  No one has complained about it. There was no suggestion on the forums for it being changed.  There was no community outcry for it.   It's just another change was was completely stupid, aggravating to the community who works hard to obtain and use the artifacts when possible, and had absolutely zero player imput on alternative balance options.  

What developers should do when they feel a weapon is unbalance isn't ask a closed committee who don't represent a majority of players, many of whom don't play on pvp servers, about pvp matters.   Either way its a completely flawed system.  Its even more flawed to just take any balance issue and just decide out of the blue that something is overpowered based on one critical e-mail, complaining from one person on the envelopment team, or any single source oter than those players who work with the item every day and can offer some better input.    

I'm not particularly annoyed that the hammer was changed, just that there was really no call for it in any suggestion on the forums, and it was done behind everyone's backs.    

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, June 27, 2014 - Trolling / Inflammatory / Abuse
Hidden by Jberg, June 27, 2014 - Trolling / Inflammatory / Abuse

Hexproof is such a piece of trash. Will this guy ever have anything to say that isnt literal garbage?

Did some testing by having my priest attack Christa (Mag champ and in drake for this test). Priest has 1 in both large maul and warhammer. Has approx 15 FS.

Test weapons were:

Hammer (duh)

scepter

85ql Rare large maul with 101 RT

85ql large maul with LT

Allowed each weapon to hit 3 times on the chest to get an average damage.

Hammer: 7s swing timer; approx 5 damage

Sceptre: 6s swing timer; approx 6.2 damage

RT Maul: 6s swing timer; approx 4.1 damage

LT Maul: 6s swing timer; approx 3 damage

So, clearly the sceptre wins, but that was what we expected.

The hammer has a slower swing rate, still hits quite nicely though. 25% more than an RT maul isn't bad.

The real notable factor here is that the sceptre and mauls rarely glanced, was able to land the required hits with each in a pretty short time considering the low weapon skill. However, the hammer took approximately 4 times longer to land 3 hits; the glancing with this thing is pretty damned stupid at least against drake. Against plate it's a bit more reliable.

No idea who complained.... only way the weapon is usable is with a shield. Sure it hit hards, but it hardly hits at all.

OoQ12Mk.jpg

Maybe it just looks nicer as 2hander

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

Players didnt put this change in suggestion thread, so the suggestion committee could not have picked this up.

When Johan comes back from parental leave there will be more information about the committee and its progress.

Nerfing the hammer will not be in information, because it was not suggested by players, or a popular frequently asked for change.

I may have been me that lured someone to do changes on it when I messed around with the model, sorry

Puss-in-Boots-puss-in-boots-shrek-1280x8

• Like 2

I may have been me that lured someone to do changes on it when I messed around with the model, sorry  :ph34r:

Heh, I think it was Nadroj that hit the nail on the head with that guess earlier  :D   

Honestly I never envisioned the Hammer of Mag as something like a glorified sledgmammer but more like Thor's Hammer.    I would look just fine with the haft reduced, the hammer head looks great.    I don't know why it would have been nerfed just to compensate for a model, but not in the least bit surprised.    :P

Now, a message from our sponsors:  

American-superhero-film-Thor-The-Dark-Wo

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, June 30, 2014 - FUD
Hidden by Elen, June 30, 2014 - FUD

I may have been me that lured someone to do changes on it when I messed around with the model, sorry

So you lied to the players in order to get out of resizing the Hammer model. "deamed OP"

"unprofessional"

Okay.. well.  i don't know what to really say, lol.  

Well it may look like a two hander but in its current state it is useless as one.

Awh wox we cant stay mad at you.