Sign in to follow this  
Issle

Regarding changes in PVP servers

It would be very much appreciated if we are always getting informed at least a week before the changes happen. I know the Hammer of Mag nerf was not something important, but just saying for future. Mechanics affect the gameplay a lot and having time to adapt to new ways of playing is a must for survivability especially for the small guys. What is more, there's always two sides in every story and just because a lot of people complain about something, it doesn't mean they have right. Most of the times, it's just them seeking personal and team goals through game changes and nerfs.

Thanks a lot,

Issle the Lord of the South Seas.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 4

It would be very much appreciated if we are always getting informed at least a week before the changes happen. I know the Hammer of Mag nerf was not something important, but just saying for future. Mechanics affect the gameplay a lot and having time to adapt to new ways of playing is a must for survivability especially for the small guys. What is more, there's always two sides in every story and just because a lot of people complain about something, it doesn't mean they have right. Most of the times, it's just them seeking personal and team goals through game changes and nerfs.

Thanks a lot,

Issle the Lord of the South Seas.

+1  Getting a bit sick of the decisions just coming out of the blue, no discussion or anything.  It leaves a very bad feeling the the mouths of players, and the fact that half the time a pvp change is just done, and then put up before anyone can comment about it is just icing on the cake.

You get use to it after the first few years.

• Like 1

yeah I don't know who is advising him on the nerfs but it seems more like balancing is needed more then a nerf - since they really seem to be causeing allot of players to rage quit

+1 to no ninja updates - though I doubt they will listen

But if they made it public then devs and friends wouldn't have the advantage of knowing about it first.

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 1

I like the tower influence nerf the day after I had Valhalla surrounded in MR influence. This has been happening since wurm started, no use complaining now.

• Like 1

Eh -1, adapt and overcome. Ninja updates happen in every game, albiet not quite as often as Wurm. If we needed a national adress before each little rebalance, it would only serve to give players another week to whine about incoming changes.

Eh -1, adapt and overcome. Ninja updates happen in every game, albiet not quite as often as Wurm. If we needed a national adress before each little rebalance, it would only serve to give players another week to whine about incoming changes.

Translated: "how on earth can you ask to want to contribute to changes in the game that you play?"

Well, err, we play it, and love it, and we'd like to have a chance to have our input as players of the game. We don't need ninja updates - especially to game mechanics that aren't necessarily very measurable to devs who don't play the game as much as everyday players... although I appreciate that alternatives (such as a voting system) could still be vulnerable to bias from larger kingdoms. But how unreasonable is it to at least ask for some improvement? :3

Edited by Docterchese

Translated: "how on earth can you ask to want to contribute to changes in the game that you play?"

If your opinions were of particular importance to the devs, you would be put on the team responsible for these changes. Personally I prefer a small, quiet group handling these types of changes. It would be very biased, and an unbelievable cluster with every change otherwise. Most games only take rebalancing advice from the player base in passing because it is very biased in general, I for one am glad we are represented in some small way.

If your opinions were of particular importance to the devs, you would be put on the team responsible for these changes. Personally I prefer a small, quiet group handling these types of changes. It would be very biased, and an unbelievable cluster with every change otherwise. Most games only take rebalancing advice from the player base in passing because it is very biased in general, I for one am glad we are represented in some small way.

While generally i agree with this line, players now days are more than ever wanting a say in how the game there playing is enhanced / developed. 

Most of the player base i am sure would like to know when a game there paying for is about to change its mechanics.

They have been doing this for years, and this isn't the first time their changes have completely baffled and enraged the majority of the players they affect.  A small group isn't a representation, its an oligarchy of players who are making massive changes that affect all of us based on each of their very limited experience, opinions and bias.  It's not fair, its not making good changes, and it needs to stop.   

Edited by Battlepaw

There is no excuse, the team, red baron came to the conclusion that ninja changes will stop after the safe mine incident. And it hasnt. right here is the proof, once again there is either back door dealing or just a complete oversight. the fact of the matter is that it has happened again...

Player interactions

This is an area we have been falling a bit short on and I know that many of you have opinions on how this should be done.

But let me just start of by saying that processing the amount of information that thousands of voices create is no easy task, especially when it comes to long debates around topics.

For that matter, grading the sense of urgency different topics have from your perspective.

And we want to be has fair as possible and give everyone equal attention and chance of being heard.

So in the interest of this, we are enlisting help to process the suggestions thread. And yes, a group has already gathered for this though it is still in the process of formally starting.

This will help us to get more summarized suggestions with pros and cons from a player perspective, cross kingdoms and pvp, pve standpoint.

Those enlisted will only help propagate suggestions from the forum and will not make new suggestions themselves in the group.

As suggestions will be summarized with points from everyones perspective any bias will find its balance from other parties.

None of this has occurred.

yeah it does seem that they need to let more info out on game before the item is released - also as for listening to suggestions and stuff - with everything added to suggestion forums (even the easy to add items) has anyone actually seen anything added - other then stuff they planned already to add? cause while turtles (its a turtle it lives in the water and no I'm not letting it go) seals and crabs are cool and add a bit of interesting new ideas (turtle shield) its not really what I see most folks asking for

• Like 1

+1 also it would create more planning and structure to wurms developement, no more updating and changing on a whim.