Sign in to follow this  
Nirnan

Hygiene

In the middle ages you took a bath once per three months. In Asia at that time you took a bath twice per day.
Culture differences. Really.

I'd like to see hygiene to become something smooth and small but not going that far as in playing The Sims 3. The concept isnt about making yourself to wash 5 times in two (actual) weeks but something at the distance. Perhaps once in a month or other special occasions?

But how are we going to wash ourselfs?

You need soap and water. You have to be undressed also!

There's already lingonberry, blueberry, raspberry, bark and tar. All these items can be made into soap.

Example: Animal fat, blueberries, pinebark and mortar.

Mech: Activate soap, stand in shallow water or water tub and wash yourself.

Result: Washing yourself increases health and stamina regeneration for the coming 4-5 days.

Edited by Nirnan
  • Like 1

It would turn out as another chore to do, And I hate chores. 

• Like 2

Agreed that we've already got enough daily solo chores. If any more get added I'd want to see them very long lasting (like once a week) and be social based (like sermons, forcing the dang hermits to see each other once in a while).

-1 to the bonuses offered

+1 if it does nothing other than a cosmetic effect, or just mentions how clean and fresh you smell upon examination.

• Like 1

rolf needs to balance pvp and fix bugs before adding random useless stuff like this and rice pls

• Like 3

Do not worry about hygiene, we are clean because we eat but do not excrete.

• Like 1

and be social based (like sermons, forcing the dang hermits to see each other once in a while).

Public bath houses please!

With the exception of full nudity and public bathhouse this gets a giant -1

• Like 1

Im all for it.

Not to mention "night soil"

The trick is finding the sweet spot between necessary chore and nice little bonus. Sort of akin to eating; though, I never did entirely like the nerf to dying from hunger.  :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa

The concept is cool, I dont know to be honest...
very undecided, would have t give it a try to see if it works.

Next thing you know, we'll have to be right clicking the ground and selecting Urinate every few hours lol

• Like 1

this seems just like a chore atm

I like the concept of different sim like bars like comfort and hygiene just so long as they don't get to crazy - but the way described here is kinda meh

In the middle ages you took a bath once per three months. In Asia at that time you took a bath twice per day.

I'd like to see hygiene to become something smooth and small but not going that far as in playing The Sims 3. The concept isnt about making yourself to wash 5 times in two (actual) weeks but something at the distance. Perhaps once in a month or other special occasions?

There's already lingonberry, blueberry, raspberry, bark and tar. All these items can be made into soap.

Result: Washing yourself increases health and stamina regeneration for the coming 4-5 days.

I like the idea of increasing the uses for the ingredients you've mentioned, and providing variety in what is used.  The mortar sounded a bit rough, but then things like lava soap can be mana from heaven if you work with oil or particular dirty things.

Result:  I think I'd go with the result of either avoiding disease, or curing disease.  While a good shower can feel great, I think I could probably still manage my health and maintain my stamina even if I chose body odor.

It would turn out as another chore to do, And I hate chores. 

It's an elective, not a requirement.  

be social based (like sermons, forcing the dang hermits to see each other once in a while).

Unless you come armed, you can't make me go to a sermon, so there.

rolf needs to balance pvp and fix bugs before adding random useless stuff like this and rice pls

I don't pvp, and have no plans on ever using the pvp functions of this game.  I would still not necessarily claim your balance issues are useless, unless of course you make me by claiming things of no interest to you are therefore useless.

Do not worry about hygiene, we are clean because we eat but do not excrete.

Two words, prune juice.

With the exception of full nudity 

Seen enough horrors, thank you.

Im all for it.

Not to mention "night soil"

The trick is finding the sweet spot between necessary chore and nice little bonus. Sort of akin to eating; though, I never did entirely like the nerf to dying from hunger.  :ph34r:

+1.  This death from hunger you speak of, I like.

You attempt to urinate.

You fail and your bladder explodes.

• Like 4

>In the middle ages you took a bath once per three months. In Asia at that time you took a bath twice per day.

######

you are buying into the "dark romanticised" renecance reformulation of the dark and primitive dark ages.

• Like 1

I do know many Euros considered the Vikings odd for washing and bathing regularly. Granted not nearly as clean as modern standards.

>In the middle ages you took a bath once per three months. In Asia at that time you took a bath twice per day.

######

you are buying into the "dark romanticised" renecance reformulation of the dark and primitive dark ages.

^indeed

-1 for washing, in game at least  ;)

How about changing the bonus so it becomes a bit less of a must have/chore?

For example, how about making it so that taking a bath reduces the aggro range of mobs. Maybe not as strongly as how it's reduced for brand new accounts in their first 24 hours, but still a reasonable effect (depending on soap ql/bath ql?). This way it's especially interesting for newer players who are more at risk of being killed by an aggressive creature. But an experienced player shouldn't need it, though he might like to use it before going on a trip with a cart.

Mortar to make soap? I think you mean lye. Lye IS accurate, mortar is stupid.

Anyhow -1 to having another crap i need to do ingame just because.

Not to mention my village is coastal, my char goes for a swim at least once a week (not that i mean him to, ###### happens).

Edited by KanePT

Snip 

it's a REQUIREMENT. 

yes, if its a small measly 5% exp boost, it's a requirement. Because that 5% exp boost at the end of the day, is very much required if your trying to grind.

• Like 1

+1 to having to urinate every hour for 1% bonus

+1 to having to stretch before any strenuous activity for a 1% bonus

+1 to having to bathe every 2 wurm days for a 1% bonus

+1 to having to eat a hot meal for X% skill bonus

+1 to eating some salt for electrolytes 

Lets implement all of it so people can realize they're better off getting their 5% actually DOING the activity they are trying to level instead of wasting all this time grinding out the prep work for their full % ticks. 

If I spend 20 minutes eating food, taking a piss and washing my ass and only 40 minutes grinding... the 5% xp gain isn't worth the 20% wasted time. 

• Like 1

######

Really? Please tell me more, I wasn't alive then. Can you also include something more constructive since you've lived since Medieval ages?

+1 to having to urinate every hour for 1% bonus

+1 to having to stretch before any strenuous activity for a 1% bonus

+1 to having to bathe every 2 wurm days for a 1% bonus

+1 to having to eat a hot meal for X% skill bonus

+1 to eating some salt for electrolytes 

Lets implement all of it so people can realize they're better off getting their 5% actually DOING the activity they are trying to level instead of wasting all this time grinding out the prep work for their full % ticks. 

If I spend 20 minutes eating food, taking a piss and washing my ass and only 40 minutes grinding... the 5% xp gain isn't worth the 20% wasted time. 

You're just over-exaggerating now. Maybe take a chill pill?

Edited by Nirnan

-1 too much realism with no gameplay value.

You might as well add taking a dump as a mechanic...

Man, yer on a roll with all these suggestions.