Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Staff Interviews: Wurm’s Senior Art Director – Emil “Wox� Norrman

First up in our series of interviews with the people behind Wurm Online:

Emil800.png

Click here to read!

Hey guys, I'm Lars and I'm an intern at Code Club. Nice to meet you!

This is the first in a series of interviews I will be conducting with the fellows behind Wurm Online to try to give an idea about what's going on behind the scenes.

More will be coming up for those interested, along with alot of other stuff. :)

/Lars

• Like 21

“Rolf is like that bumblebee that shouldn’t be able to fly according to the laws of aerodynamics but does it anywayâ€

<3

• Like 2

Hahaha, I'm looking forward to the others, very fun to read.

Very nice to have a chance to know staffs a little better.

Keep up the nice work :)

Awesome! Welcome Lars and great job! :)

And since someone is bound to ask, I am also available for an interview.

No, I am not a developer. No, I don't work on the game in any shape or form. I don't even live in Sweden. But I am pretty sure there is an action figure of my character somewhere in the Code AB studios.

Hey... just saying.

• Like 3

Very nice! Always wanted get to know the devs a little better and their workflow. Thank you for that.  ;)

Great read!

The slight creative freedom must be fun :) 

Great way to get to know the creative minds that make Wurm a better world!! 

Thanks Emil & Lars!!

Great Job Lars..welcome to crazy!  I liked your casual style n wording in the interview format..made it not so stuffy and in line with the player base.  Great snapshot of Wox..very cool dude..good to have a idea of the person behind the new images.  all of this is a great idea.  makes us all feel more part of something bigger like a gaming  family vs just playing an online game.

Edited by Greasygrundle

Becket....  this guy's using your nickname as his forum name. He probably took the in game name too.  :P

• Like 1

oooh  flash gaem! yuuushh.. it is time consuming to do alone, but independent! Most players on flash game devs are two people.. programmer and artist..

And mmmm... cow surfing!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Ah ha... interns = minions  :D

I considered naming myself LarsTheMinion, ilivetoserve or something, but I thought 'Bucket' might get the point across as well.. you know, a thing you dump your stuff in :)

Awesome! Welcome Lars and great job! :)

And since someone is bound to ask, I am also available for an interview.

No, I am not a developer. No, I don't work on the game in any shape or form. I don't even live in Sweden. But I am pretty sure there is an action figure of my character somewhere in the Code AB studios.

Hey... just saying.

Actually, I'm not opposed to the idea at all. I've only begun scratching the surface of Wurm, but it seems like a game that would generate alot of interesting stories and perspectives. Furthermore, an MMO is the community in a lot of ways, so it seems natural that the players should be highlighted. I don't really know how just yet though, I'll get back to you guys on that

Great Job Lars..welcome to crazy!  I liked your casual style n wording in the interview format..made it not so stuffy and in line with the player base.  Great snapshot of Wox..very cool dude..good to have a idea of the person behind the new images.  all of this is a great idea.  makes us all feel more part of something bigger like a gaming  family vs just playing an online game.

Thanks, feels good to hear! And yeah, Wox is really cool, been helpful every step of the way.

Btw, I just got confirmation that the next weeks interview is going to be with Rolf, anything specific you would like me to ask him about?

• Like 3

Ask him about this secret project he is working on! I want to know more.

• Like 1

Ask him about this secret project he is working on! I want to know more.

this

I enjoyed getting to know something about Wox through this interview and it will no doubt be interesting to find out more about the other staff members as well. The game has really progressed in many areas since their hiring's and now Rolf has more people invested in the further success of the game because of this. A move of wisdom inadvertently emerged from the buffeting winds of change that time allows to shape into wings yet to unfold. 

*hears the faint song of a blackbird in the dead of night*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Welcome Lars, and great interview! Looking forward to more. I noted from other games I have played from Sweden that it is not uncommon to find devs who were are still are also in Swedish death metal bands (and some quite good ones at that), not sure what the connection is but it's interesting to note :D

I actually think from the few months I've played Wurm that this small team does a fantastic job, I've been around gaming since the days of Zork (yeah I'm a dinosaur I guess lol), even spent a few years doing an 'everything but the kitchen sink' job on an indie project with a friend, and yet the first day I logged into wurm I was in awe. To think this is a 'simple' java based game, really blows me away and I think it is going to take an awful lot to pull me away to any other game at this point.  So well done to Emil (since the graphics are a major part of the appeal) and the whole team.

Now Emil, can you arrange to fix the meditation animation so that us ladies can also sit down? So unfair to see male characters sitting down and twirling around on the rugs while I have to stand there like a stick :lol:

• Like 2

Oh man, I am that one goofball that has always wanted to knwo what the creator's "overreaching" vision is. It always turns out to be something less poetic then I expected like "I wanted to make a cool game, bro."

• Like 1