Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

The Making of a Wurm-model - Wox explains the process from idea to finished 3D-model

Hello, my name is Lars. I'm an intern here at Code Club AB. Nice to meet you all!

As part of the interview that's about to go up with Wurm's Art Director Emil "Wox" Norrman, Emil was kind enough to make a comprehensive break-down of his work-process.
The showcase is the 'Game Master Dark'-model, which he used to scare the crap out of me when I first jumped into Wurm.

You can find it here!
zip file with pdf version
gm_makingof_pre.png

• Like 15

Maybe he will let you have a go at the oleander bush, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Awesome! I am always interested in details behind the making of such a project as Wurm. Will you be posting interviews with other developers too? Perhaps from other spheres?

PS: Aaaaand.... I just read your other post that says you will be making more interviews. Woot.

Edited by Valdor

SNIP, wrong thread.

Edited by WesncIsMe

Enki answered a support call in this and I nearly freaked out 0_0

Great model, great work!!!

Absolutely fantastic, superior and detailed artwork on this GM model by Wox. I first had a good opportunity to view one closely when waiting for the Xanadu opening within the tutorial, as a GM or two were standing around there in their new imposing forms. Quite spectacular to see within the game and a fine exhibition of Wox's creativity and skill in these effects, emerged from a vision that he saw unfold before him. Looking forward to new player creatable items from the same skilled shaper of the void.

=Ayes=

Great stuff. A GM scared me with this one some week ago, looks great in game. 

This makes you realize the great skills and loads of work put into these models.

hello lars thats an awesome model you got there, you mentioned that you modeled in maya. would it be possible to model in an older version of 3dsmax for wurm and what filetype's do you guys use?

and damn your texture library must be amazing that owl man, and those clean uv's. just awesome thanks for showing us this it would be really interesting to see more of the creation process

work more on the bugs not on new models what no one need

work more on the bugs not on new models what no one need

Different people on the wurm team have different jobs.  I doubt his is fixing bugs.  Each team member does not do everything.

• Like 3

This has been an interesting project would like to see more projects like this carried out by individuals like us who had keen interest in 3D modelling.