Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Turtles

If they can swim, something is very wrong with them.

Well they are in an update with a sea/shore theme..

"I have a teaser for one more lovely creature that is going in with the others previously revealed in the "Sea theme" so have a look at this little guy!"

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103593-news-update-work-and-progress-week-24/

Edited by Kegan

Omg I am going to tame one!!

And breed them

FIVE SPEED TORTISES

• Like 1

I think they intended on them being sea turtles but the model looks more like tortoise.  

If they can swim, something is very wrong with them.

this is wurm, things happen.

unicorns are magical creatures, yet it's horses that go Jesus style walking across an ocean.

If that is supposed to be a sea turtle... they might need to do some research next time.  Even a google search would have sufficed.

Can't wait to have my very own turtle farm!!!

tortoise, how hard can it be to spell?

Turtose... I keep trying... :-P

• Like 1

so no one has seen one of these in game yet?

I'm sure there would have been at least a hundred different screenies if the new mobs had spawned.

Yup I'm pretty sure these mobs aren't spawning. Not even finding corpses from sharks eating them.

The new mobs are on the test server no where else.  :(

the devs were having too much fun riding tortoises around, they delayed the update because you will no longer be able to ride them after the fix

They are tortoises people, not turtles, get it right! It's like calling a donkey a horse, close but still wrong.

You should take your own advice first, since you are wrong.

Turtle

1. Any land or marine reptile of the order Testudines, characterised by a protective shell enclosing its body.

And since that might need clarification:

Testudines

1. A taxonomic order within the class Reptilia — the turtles, tortoises, and terrapins.

You're probably one of those ill-informed people who think tomatoes aren't vegetables either...

A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.  I grew up with farmers and I know the difference.  And while tortoises and turtles are of the same family, they are not the same thing.  I even know the difference between a terrapin and a tortoise, do you?

• Like 2

I knew someone would take that bait...

Tomatoes are both vegetables and fruit, turtles are both land and water dwelling reptiles. It is true that the word "turtle" can be referring to a more specific type of "turtle" in the general sense, but it can also be referring to tortoises.

The confusion might be that it's American English that commonly classify turtles, tortoises and terrapins as turtles. In British English turtle refers only to the sea-dwelling species. As for everyone else in the world, that depends on their language I guess. Some may have specific words for each species or use a catchall term for all of them with a modifier to indicate which kinda of animal they are speaking of. Can't we all just get along and call them chelonians?

As for the tomato argument. A vegetable is just a part of a plant used as a food, it is a culinary term not a specific grouping. A fruit is specifically a part of a plant derived from the ovarian tissues and is a botanical term. Tomatoes ARE fruit, however they are used AS vegetables in the culinary sense.

Also, anyone for champ tortoises? That would be truly epic.

Not for the faint hearted.. turtle soup and others: http://www.budgethotels.sg/5-fear-factor-foods-to-try-in-singapore/

Yumm... I hasn't try turtle soup actually, I tried the others tho.

In here we have term for the turtle and tortoise.. that is penyu for turtle, and kura-kura for tortoise. What I know of the difference is turtle have sort of fin instead proper legs. Kinda wonder that if teenage mutant ninja turtle is actually tortoise... Also I was used to the term sea turtle and land turtle instea tortoise for English lessons :( .

• Like 1

Surely they can be ridden:

cRndvtG.gif

But will it blend?

• Like 1

Mmm champ level battle turtle...