Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creature tweaks

are the turtles tameable?

Yes they are!

• Like 7

Any news on getting animals their attribute-based color back?

• Like 1

To an average account in chain:

Hammer of mag 58-60~ dmg

Sceptre of ascension 60-63~ dmg

Rare Large maul with 101RT 50~ dmg

Addy large maul with 89RT 50~ dmg

For the hammer of mag to be useful, give it either 1 handed use or a 150 FA cast. :)

Crystal gate and Spirit gate????   Saw them in the graphics pack update.  Anyone know what they are used for?

or make scepter 2 handed.

CHAOS RELATED-

To an average account in chain:

Hammer of mag 58-60~ dmg

Sceptre of ascension 60-63~ dmg

Rare Large maul with 101RT 50~ dmg

Addy large maul with 89RT 50~ dmg

For the hammer of mag to be useful, give it either 1 handed use or a 150 FA cast.  :)

Edited by demondan

Crystal gate and Spirit gate????   Saw them in the graphics pack update.  Anyone know what they are used for?

Couldn't make either, I assume they're for missions.

I'd like to toss in my vote for Shrimp to be added as the next mob before any others are added!

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 2

The spawn count, would that include fixing missions totally breaking spawn of certain animals? Does the coding for missions change the "weight" of mob spawn, so the current slew of "sacrifice cows" missions would result in zero random cow spawn? 'Cause, just saying here, when you travel the entire map for ten hours searching in every crook and nanny(sic) for the buggers and find none. None. It seems like the spawn is either broken, or heavily weighted against certain creatures.

Exo mob count seems to be back to normal, what a great  thing to see :D

Time to start building turtle fences... to keep them all and never let anyone make them into stew.

Update of the year: bringing back normal/nice creature spawns.

Thanks.

• Increased creature spawn rates and max numbers

Thank you.  Going from killing 10+ creatures a day to killing two creatures in three days was pretty depressing. 

Welcome to the game, seals, tortoises and crabs. On behalf of the Wurm community and all those who will soon be hunting you, we bid you a happy and peaceful stay in our lands.

I'd like to toss in my vote for Shrimp to be added as the next mob before any others are added!

+1

I'd hunt that.

• Like 1

The spawn count, would that include fixing missions totally breaking spawn of certain animals? Does the coding for missions change the "weight" of mob spawn, so the current slew of "sacrifice cows" missions would result in zero random cow spawn? 'Cause, just saying here, when you travel the entire map for ten hours searching in every crook and nanny(sic) for the buggers and find none. None. It seems like the spawn is either broken, or heavily weighted against certain creatures.

There arent any cows, because they don't live an hour after spawning, everything attacks them kills them and eats them - so no cows.

• Increased creature spawn rates and max numbers

• Mrtg server graphs now work again

This doesn't seem to have helped Xanadu any.  Shortly after restart Xanadu was sitting at 142K total creatures,  In the 24 hours since restart it's now down to 141K.   At launch there were 168K, should be almost twice that for a comparable density to other servers.

From http://freedom007.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

creatures-day.png

creatures-week.png

creatures-month.png

Edited by belthize

I saw 4 cows and 8 bulls sailing around serenity for ~30 minutes yesterday looking for the new mobs.

There arent any cows, because they don't live an hour after spawning, everything attacks them kills them and eats them - so no cows.

Pretty sure nothing is killing them either, saw 0 corpses, and there were something like 30 pigs running around between spiders and crocs, perfectly fine

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

WHY CANT WE TAME AND BREED KINGDOM ANIMALS LIKE GORILLAS? OPS sorry caps

I saw 4 cows and 8 bulls sailing around serenity for ~30 minutes yesterday looking for the new mobs.

Pretty sure nothing is killing them either, saw 0 corpses, and there were something like 30 pigs running around between spiders and crocs, perfectly fine

Pigs don't get killed. Bulls don't get killed. Dogs don't get killed. Cows do get killed (by virtualy all aggro's, only thing they might be able to handle is wildcats - I've seen an adol wolf take down a cow in just a handful of blows/bites for instance, mountainlions have no trouble with them either - and those are close to bottom of rank, so no need to name all the higher/tougher ones who just about one-hit kill them). Deer do get killed by just about everything too. As for not seeing corpses: I don't really mouse over every lump of goo on the road to see what it used to be - guessing that goes for just about everyone?

Edited by Kianga

This doesn't seem to have helped Xanadu any.  Shortly after restart Xanadu was sitting at 142K total creatures,  In the 24 hours since restart it's now down to 141K.   At launch there were 168K, should be almost twice that for a comparable density to other servers.

From http://freedom007.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

Xanadu is now down to 140K total creatures so whatever fix there was doesn't seem to have been applied to it.

• Like 1

I'm still seeing what has become the usual lack of critters, and zero of the new creatures so far on inde, somewhat disappointed so far.

Glad to hear some say that other servers are spawning new mobs but Xanadu isn't getting diddly. Our numbers are falling rather than climbing. 

Fix the spawn rate on Xanadu please!!!! 

i sailed from inde to mid west celeb and back again. no seals no crabs no tortoises.... and handfull of sharks maybe on all servers alltogether

Sign in to follow this