Sign in to follow this  
Issle

Account auto typing in alliance.

Is it allowed to have an account 24/7 online that will type messages in alliance chat automatically with software by sending key strokes ?

That would be classified as a bot, Imo.  Which would be a No.

• Like 3

Well it's not interfering with the rest of the world or the gaming process. He just reads twitter of the villages in the kingdom for example and sends alarms to alliance chat.

The macroing rule only specifically applies to actions. The statement is slightly ambiguous, but it later refers to allowing repeated actions that fill the "action bar" which make it lean more heavily towards not referring to typed things.

Macroing
Definition:
A / Macroing is the use of a program that automatically repeats actions for you,

Chat rules however state:

1) You may not purposely disrupt chat in any way or by using such actions as excessive trolling or derailing.

Excessive is defined as more than one instance in a short period of time, or in such a way to be annoying to most players.

This definitely wouldn't be allowed in public channels. But I can't say anything beyond that because it's up to GMs to define grey zones as it comes up. I'd likely bet they'd vote no simply to prevent it becoming more common and abused in the future.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 1

Use IRC for that, it's really easy to write an IRC bot.

Actually I'm not sure why would anyone use the ingame village/alliance chat rather than a village/alliance IRC channel.

• Like 1

Might want to email the GM team directly.. less flamage that way, and gets the question directly to them faster.

Yea I was refering to that rule mainly. It says that keystrokes are not allowed when it comes into game actions, not chat. Plus this will be a private team chat where all the team will be ok with it, won't be trolling or chat advertising and such. 

Regarding the IRC Bot, we have that already, but people don't like joining in IRC to see those things sadly. Alliance chat is the best way for active kingdom members to communicate in real time.

Edited by Issle

Well if you understand the rules as outlined, time to talk to a member of the GM team.

This kind of thing shouldn't be in private chats. This is a good question and it should be answered in public with an explanation. Players shouldn't be afraid to ask questions and answers shouldn't be "hidden" away in some dark secret place.

• Like 3

Thats also true. Could really do that in private and have nobody figure it out, but we in Black Legion like knowledge to be public and don't like shady things.

Edited by Issle

Whatever decision gets made I'd expect to see it added to the rules for public view since it'd be a ruling influential to all players.

Edited by Sevenless

I'd consider it to be a big NO for public chats, cause then everyone would advertise his WTS thread every 5 mins using software. But for private team chats, I can't see this as being bad.

I'd consider it to be a big NO for public chats, cause then everyone would advertise his WTS thread every 5 mins using software. But for private team chats, I can't see this as being bad.

If I recall private chats aren't moderated or to be moderated. Sort of like PMK chats aren't. 

Interesting question though.

• Like 1

This kind of thing shouldn't be in private chats. This is a good question and it should be answered in public with an explanation. Players shouldn't be afraid to ask questions and answers shouldn't be "hidden" away in some dark secret place.

should is a bad word. anyone working for a large company with little to no accountability will know what I mean.

should is a bad word. anyone working for a large company with little to no accountability will know what I mean.

LOL...reply to my objection against potential fear mongering and secretive private legal practices with a cryptic, secretive and ambiguous statement.

• Like 1

*blocks issle just in case*

I hope is nothing silly or annoying xP

But can't changes to the motd be used to express a message to everyone in the manner you are refering to?

Only on the subject of irc... You can use it in game... I didn't like using it either but then i realised it's pretty simple - you either want the information from the irc channel or you don't so if you do decide you want that information - join irc