Sign in to follow this  
Busted

WTS - City Of Opulence On Exodus [CLOSED]

Greetings friends,

The City Of Opulence, located on the Exodus server is up for sale.

Here's some quick facts before the pictures and pitch :-

• The size of Opulence is 149 x 79 which makes it the second largest deed on Exodus with a whopping 11771 on deed tiles
  • The monthly upkeep with a single spirit templar (for the noobs protection, of course) is 24 silver, 54 copper and 20 iron coins.
  • Opulence is maintained by 5 Traders (4 on deed and 1 on a neighbouring deed that will be included in any sale) which averages between 34 - 38 silvers a month with the correctly set ratio (40 silver this month).
  • Opulence maintains a Vynora and Fo stone altars at 89 - 90ql for an impressive bonus faith for the priests out there as well as a 100 power spirit cottage for those that simply must deliver immediately.
  • Opulence has over 2 dozen exposed iron, tin and copper veins on deed of varying qualities ranging from poor to utmost. Many more await exposure.
  • Opulence comes with 50+ buildings, 30 of which are on housing plots designed for use by villagers.
  • The city has been home to dozens of villagers over the years and is a labor of love and as such deserves to be lived in by an active community.

Why am I selling?

I've been on Exodus since the day it launched and spent the majority of that time protecting the area we dwell in from the ravages of new players, expansionistic builders and those who would spoil the natural beauty of the land. As a result of that we became a community of park rangers and actively recruited the very people who would accidentally ruin the land in order to help educate them and show them the game in safety while curbing their destructive urges. This grew as the deed did and before long we were caretakers no only of the land but of numerous new players who wandered into the area scratching their heads and not knowing what to do.

Many of those noobs became permanent residents who helped shape the future of the City while many more went on to bigger and better things all over the cluster.

Of course, maintaining that line of work eventually became more of a chore than a calling so we slowed down our active recruitment and focused instead on our own development. Eventually we began to pine for simpler things and when Xanadu was announced we decided to take the plunge and experience the games wonder anew far away from the familiar.

Plus I enjoy having money to spend on shiny things.

ANYWAY, here's some pictures of some of the waterfront properties.

UfYhgP5l.jpg

m0FU6rgl.jpg

PgAzg4yl.jpg

UmS6IaJl.jpg

lDZk4CUl.jpg

Interesting historical tidbit. This waterfront used to be a 2 dirt deep puddle that stretched from the far east of the deed to the western edge of Opulence and was excavated to 25 dirt the entire length of the deed to connect the eastern ocean with the western and northern expanses. It was dug long and wide and took two or the original founders 3 months to fully excavate and make available to the words for easy access across the server. Nobody much noticed BUT that wasn't the point. We wanted beachfront property at the foot of a mountain and by god, we got it.

Here's some pictures from in town.

l1am9sWl.jpg

c6wZGiel.jpg

IXcWaSSl.jpg

Opulence actually has 4 distinct housing districts. The waterfront to the north, the central city district for mansion sized properties, the serf residneces to the south (best to keep the help on the outskirts) and a new development along the north west of the town set back from the channel. Between them there are 30 houses, most with stone bases and wooden first floors to maintain a central theme for each area.

Here's a few pics from cheapside (that's what we call the serf or noob housing area) and the recently added new builds.

29ftMtYl.jpg

sQGRfcil.jpg

CS2yival.jpg

Most of the new houses and city center houses have large on plot gardens for a little bit of farming should the residents wish it. Those living in cheapside have access to a large communal plot so they can dabble while learning the basics and deciding whether or not to become productive premium players. They also have access to an adjacent paddock where they can play horse whisperer or breed some cattle. Those living on the waterfront know that space is at premium so have off plot enclosures (off plot, not off deed) for farming, animal husbandry and all the rest. In short, everybody has a place to get their thumb nice and green.

Along with these smaller enclosures we have large farm plots specifically set aside for the veteran villagers who have helped build the place over the years. They majority of these guys made their fortunes from farming, mostly to me I might add to fuel my priests.

HemtLo1l.jpg

The interior of the town is mostly the smaller farming plots but also has two large store houses and a multi faith church for those hard core sermons we used to put on back in the day. 

iLLNWCUl.jpg

CbzY5JBl.jpg

yS2ZXgxl.jpg

Almost a third of the deed is still undeveloped and awaiting some inspiring fellow to come along and turn it into a new housing estate or a garden of eden. This is located in the south western portion of the deed adjacent to a large landscaped central plateau which I always imagined some day I'd build a huge sprawling castle upon and star calling myself Lord Of Exodus. Maybe someone else can do that.

West of this and the new housing district is the border of the city which sports a large and (fairly) active market. While we never really promoted the market after it's completion it still attracted a lot of visitors from the south and central part of Exodus and with a little strategic marketing will no doubt become a major merchant hub in the future.

Point of interest, those two Obelisks took ages to build and almost as long to push into position. Labor costs weren't cheap either.

0dxTQtAl.jpg

UE83oy9l.jpg

K0F0jYpl.jpg

So that's the quick and dirty tour. For a less quick but equally dirty one, feel free to browse the album with a bunch more pictures. For even more detail, why not stop by and visit the place yourself? The pictures only show a fraction of what's here and can't really show you how vast and peaceful it really is. Plus you can't see where all the trader buildings are and I knows ya'll be wanting to see them first hand before handing over any coin.

Speaking of coin, it's time to get serious.

Opulence is a labor of love to me and my villagers and even though we have now mostly departed, the place is not going to rot away. The traders make enough money to keep things ticking over at a profit so I'm not desperate to be shot of it. I will sell it for a reasonable offer but I'm not going to just give it away and I'm nearly as happy to hang onto it just to keep the area from being despoiled by the clueless or befuddled. I really _really_ want to sell this place to a community looking for an existing place to call home or a consortium of players who want to live cooperatively together. That said, any individuals that want a private city all to themselves ... your money is just as good as anybody elses.

As for cost, I'll see what I get offered. Think about what's here before you make the offer as this place is not just a collection of traders and stone. It's nearly 3 years of love, sweat and (in some peoples cases) tears. I'm not looking to rip folks off but I'm not desperate to sell at any cost either.

I ain't cashing out.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions, feel free to post them below of PM me on the forums direct. If you have any offers, feel free to pm them to me and we'll see what we can do.

o/

Edited by Busted

I hate to see this city be put to a new owner.  Even if it sells, hopefully they take good care of it.  This was one of my favorite deeds I've passed through in my 1 3/4 year Wurm time.  Bump!

• Like 2

looks like an amazing place. i started korner grove on cele when it opened. im interested in knowing what a fair price would be for something like this? ive no idea what reasonable is.

great place :) very nice. btw my guess is over 2 gold? not an offer just what i guess ur wanting for this

great place :) very nice. btw my guess is over 2 gold? not an offer just what i guess ur wanting for this

Well it's 5 traders that pay for the deed plus two others every month and still turn a profit as well as the 11k on deed tiles, 20+ on deed iron veins and 30+ large stone buildings and a manually sculpted channel that connects east and north to west ... and that's just to start. So yeah, over 2 gold for sure.

If i play wurm now it's thanks to Opulence and his villagers.

On my first day in wurm i died near the canal (i thought for a long time that it was a natural river), get help from villagers from the city and finally joined them.

When i joined Opulence, they gave me a house in Cheapside where i learned a lot about wurm.

It is a place for a community, and this community made me buy prem time since a year now.

I always felt like i was in a middle age village, where we help each other and share our skills.

There was even players in Opulence who never left the village, they stayed and lived there because there is everything you need in Opulence.

There is also a camellia tree farm, tar on deed, sand on deed, clay nearby.

You won't have to go far for hunting, there is usually bunch of mobs in the forest around and a desert at 5minutes by horse.

I sailed a lot from Opulence to any other servers, depends of the winds but you are at about 10-20 minutes from Celebration, 10-20 minutes from Xanadu, 20-30 minutes from Delivrance.

By horse you can get to Esert in about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Weekend bump and would also like to mention I would be happy to deal in Euros as well as silver on the usual 1:1 ratio. 

Bump in honor of the great time I've had here. Wish you guys gl on Xanadu.

I lived there almost 2 years, it was first deed where i joined after tutorial and once a place i called as 'home'. Good luck on sales, dont give it for free.  ;)

Tuesday bump. Still looking for more reasonable offers until around the 20th and if nothing happens by then then I'll be reluctantly forced to scale everything back and drop additional deeds to milk the traders. That'll make me very sad. :(

Friday bump. Offers are getting better but are still a ways from being considered. Just over 2 weeks to go before the sale period ends and the depressing prospect of shrinking and milking comes to pass. 

Sunday afternoon bump. Had another offer today which I had to decline. For those making enquiries, no, I am not interested in shrinking down and selling off individual parts it's very much all or nothing. If you want to buy it all then shrink it down yourself, well, sad to see but ok, that's your choice after it's out of my hands. 

Thursday bump. Thinking of sailing back and ending it all. Oh the humanity. Someone make me a sensible offer.

Still for sale for the next week and then it gets broken down and re-purposed as 5 trader deeds. Please don't let that happen, this place deserves better than that.