Sign in to follow this  
Zivirt

Help save a puppy

I don't usually post stuff like this, but this is something that's important to me. Today, my girlfriends 7 month old alaskan malamute puppy managed to get to a steel wool brush and ate it. Without any surgery, he won't make it and he'll have to be put down. Due to being very low on money, we can't afford to do a whole lot, so we're asking for donations. The surgery to fix this will cost 2,500 USD, and the doctors won't even think about doing the surgery without 50% of it up front. Every little bit helps, so if you're feeling generous it would be appreciated. As an added bonus, anyone who donates, if they'd like, i'll imp a tool or two to 90ql (carpentry or blacksmithing), if you provide a screenshot or some way to prove you donated. Thank you. :)

Link to donate: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/7ly4/gabriel-s-surgery-fund

For those who prefer paypal: donate to nyanderedesu@gmail.com

Edited by Zivirt
  • Like 5

Good luck with the puppy. I know how important a member of the family, a dog or cat can be. 

You take paypal, I'm sure?

yeah i'll edit it into the post if anyone prefers paypal.

paypal is: nyanderedesu@gmail.com

Sent you $20, I know it's not much but every little bit helps, right?

• Like 2

I sent 15€. About 20$ minus taxes. (Germany can't gift money. Awesome isn't it?) 

Good luck to you guys and your puppy!

Edited by Capi
  • Like 1

With Zivirt being my best mate, I feel the need to extend my thanks to those that have been able to donate, those are wishing him/his girlfriend the best of luck and those that wish they could, but aren't in the position to do so. The Wurm community is already so amazing for everything they pull together for and I can't believe the responses already I know the two of them really appreciate all the support, and I hope for the outcome..

• Like 2

Good luck!

I really do hope you get enough, if I had any, I would help out.

• Like 1

bump, thank you to everyone who has donated so far. It means so much. Thanks to a very kind donation that got us the half of the money needed, gabriel has gone into surgery earlier this morning. However were still in need of the other half or the vet won't give him back and will even put him up for adoption if we don't get it soon enough..

• Like 2

I've never donated anything to anyone before, but I donated for Gabriel the pup.

Now everyone knows my weakness...

• Like 2

However were still in need of the other half or the vet won't give him back and will even put him up for adoption if we don't get it soon enough..

edit -- I deleted what I had before as the link below seems to have better information.

ps -- since you are from New York, this link may be applicable, it's by the New York City Bar regarding unpaid vet bills:

http://www2.nycbar.org/Publications/rex-home.htm

It suggests they CAN give the animal to the pound but that there are some very restricted steps they have to follow first. The animal must first be declared "abandoned" and they must send you notices by registered mail to contest this.   This page further states:  New York law requires that the veterinarian/boarding kennel must return the animal to you during this period upon request, even if the bill remains unpaid. You will, however, remain liable for the unpaid bill. 

Other useful info at that page.  They have to send a second registered mail notice telling you where the animal is being sent, and you have a narrow window of time to get the animal back from that agency as well. so always act  PROMPTLY if things get this far because as long as you act immediately, your animal should not be at risk even if you cannot pay the bill. 

I would suggest contacting the Animal Legal Defense Fund if you need some additional advice on protecting your pet.

http://aldf.org/resources/

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Yea seems like something that can't wait for a dribs and drabs donation. My dogs gonna die send money please lol Like seriously how long does it have to live, steel wool in the intestine must be like a razor blade, did the vet say ok your dog has about 2 months to live and it's gonna need surgery after that, it's not cancer it's metal in it's digestive system....

Is the dog saved already and you're asking us to pay your vet bill? These kinda things are funny. sorry about the dog but funny.

Edited by zalifear

thanks for all that, brash. :)

it looks like it may have just been a threat, because from what the vet said, gabriel will be able to return home safe and sound tomorrow evening. this obviously wouldn't be possible without all the help we received and i can't thank everyone who donated enough.

also in case anyone was wondering, turns out along with the steel wool, he also managed to eat an entire corn cob which was playing a big part in him not being able to eat, dumb dog :P 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Yea seems like something that can't wait for a dribs and drabs donation. My dogs gonna die send money please lol Like seriously how long does it have to live, steel wool in the intestine must be like a razor blade, did the vet say ok your dog has about 2 months to live and it's gonna need surgery after that, it's not cancer it's metal in it's digestive system....

Is the dog saved already and you're asking us to pay your vet bill? These kinda things are funny. sorry about the dog but funny.

well yeah we were told he only would have a couple days, but thanks to some amazing people we got the money that was needed and the surgery was performed. i don't see how a comment like this is necessary, if you don't like it, ignore it and don't donate, simple as that 

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Wow 1250 raised in just under 24 hours! that is not a bad deal! I give credit to all the corn cob eaters! Sorry but I just have to say, things like this are things that should not be allowed, just pointing at the names logos and likes on this post. Hey aether you got 20 bucks to pitch in a corn cob eating dog, but wont comment in the "buying gold from code club?"

Zirvit I knew you and liked you and do not doubt you here but, this just leaves it open to a whole range of scams. Whatever happen to that guy wolf building that game who came around posting links, that game ever get made? 

Anyway some ppl eat dogs other save them and life goes on. 

Edited by zalifear

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

its not like i'm forcing anyone to donate, believe it or not, there's some people who like helping others. and let me rephrase, it wasn't just some corn, it was a full sized corn cob, something that a dog should not have in its stomach. it caused alot of damage. but i'm not getting into an argument, this isn't the place for one. 

View hidden Post

yea he ate the corn cob alright! if you have the money to buy an alaskan malamute and don't have the money to fix it up when you didnt have the re·spon·si·bil·i·ty enough to watch it, you don't deserve it plain and simple. Amazing ppl yes! amazing community yes, thread rating -1 

al Full Reg
spacer.gif
Sex: Male
Price: $1800 USD

Edited by zalifear

Hope all turns out well, My dogs recently had a near fatal run in with trash eating as well... two dogs, one night, 2200 dollars... Hope for good recovery.

• Like 1

I can;t recall if this is an alaskan malamute, but it might make the GF laugh:

Mishka are you stupid? 

Glad to hear Gabriel is better and will be home soon. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 26, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Oh and rolandt I'm sure your dogs are fine all they prolly eat is garbage homie.

bump, i'd like to thank everyone again who donated, without all of you guys its very likely gabriel wouldn't gave gotten his surgery. the other day he returned home after staying at the vet for a while to make sure the surgery went well :)

14867_852984711398299_139511250318062551

• Like 5

Wonderful! Great to hear everything worked out! :)