Sign in to follow this  
Fujimo

Buying gold from AB Code

/rant

Xanadu's Land Rush wasn't for the sake of new players.

[03:51] Rolf's Milking increased by 0.000181 to 99.930892

Almost there!

It would indeed be interesting why that happened, apart from the ambitious goal of creating a server 16 times the size of the old ones (JKH, MRH, Wild, Independence), and the thoughts behind the curtains. But I'm sure there's still a lot of players who haven't yet settled a totally wild land, it's certainly something you may want to experience playing Wurm.

I just hope it doesn't end in a disaster shutdown of servers like the old Home servers and Wild server :P I don't have any connection with the other ones, as I pretty much accepted the inevitable eviction of MR-Home back then and set my mind on having to live on Indy, and I'm not someone who likes moving a lot.

It just seems that they reeeeaaalllllyyy fumbled up the stress test and things went south, so the server was castrated to a mere 4x times the size. Wurm as usual :P

I mean, let's face it, apart from the experience of settling untouched land, there's nothing really special about Xanadu. It's just another map, and now unique spawns have changed, too. The only valuable thing that people used to rush for was uniques, specifically dragons for hide and scale, because that can be sold for coins or cash, and I think that's good. Yay. No more 90fs+ guys ###### the uniques and then leaving :P Or?

I just hope it doesn't end in a disaster shutdown of servers like the old Home servers and Wild server :P I don't have any connection with the other ones, as I pretty much accepted the inevitable eviction of MR-Home back then and set my mind on having to live on Indy, and I'm not someone who likes moving a lot.

Current alliance death pool includes:

Closure of all smaller PvE servers before Christmas 2014 (Independence included) - Nobody

Closure of all PvE servers except Independence before Christmas 2014 - 1 person

Closure of all smaller PvE servers after Christmas 2014, before July 2015 (Independence included) - 1 person

Closure of all PvE servers except Independence after Christmas 2014, before July 2015 - 2 people (Me included)

Not a single server will be closed before July 2015 - Nobody

Others can enter if they wanna. Entry is free. Winners will receive a pat on the head. Winners will be announced after the closure of servers, or after July 2015.

Edited by Dairuka

Fujimo, The choice is yours to make. I bought silver from a friend once. Other than that I have always purchased my coins from the Wurm Shop and paid the going rate, since I would much rather put the cost for doing so into the games profits rather than other players hands. Also, there is the reliability, convenience and security of purchasing from the Wurm Shop at any time of ones choosing. By using Xsolla within the Shop you can also avoid currency conversions and obtain a better coin purchase rate than the PayPal option.

The problem here is that the game policy is to condone and promote the ability to make a profit in real life currencies from playing the game. In this they shoot themselves in the foot, since then other players are happy to sell off coins for various currencies and use these financial profits outside the game.

So, do you pay more to purchase coins from the Wurm Shop or from players who will naturally undercut this price at the minimum amount necessary to make it more attractive to purchase it from them. Any deterrence of this player coin selling ability would have to be a stance taken by Wurm Online against it, as has been done within many other online games, forcing it underground with penalties involved. Until then it is open game for income generation, not so subtly hidden from other revenue seeking governments eager to find ways to seize it for their own use.

=Ayes=

ok so at least i got an answer as to why I must pay the premium... dont like it but I will continue to purchase from the developers.

wish there was a place to appeal the VAT thing then the developer would get more of my money instead of 3rd parties.

Apologies to the OP since most of the posts had nothing to do with your question.

That having already been addressed I'll interject all others and derail some more :P

• Most perspectives shared above about shop/player coin is flawed.  I'll explain:
  • Rolf produces all silver "virtually"
  • Sold at shop or by player gets used in game for a "virtual" service.
  • He decides how much is released into the game for balance.
  • He only releases coin at a profit.
  • If you buy from the shop Rolf gets paid directly.
  • If you buy from a player, Rolf gets paid indirectly.
  • This even applies in relation to traders. If you do not recognize this you may not properly understand Wurm mechanics or economic models.
  • Last but not least... Rolf is not broke after 10 years, the model works reasonably well as is.
  • Like 2

Nvm..  Just leaving the stats here:

Bank Values:

• Xanadu ~9g in the first week, and currently sitting at ~36g (roughly 5760 euro) inside of 3 weeks
  • All servers - Roughly 500g (80,000 euro) increase across the total bank value for all servers in that same period, after sitting mostly flat for almost a year. (source: Server Graphs 'All Servers - Total Bank Value' link)

Premium Count

• Increase of roughly 2k premium time purchases in the same 3 week period (so an additional 32k euro value) (link)

Any bets that future server launches follow this "new" model?

*Values are at Wurm store base rate and do not account for long term discounts (12 month vs. single month prices), or the VAT/Service fee impact to the final totals

Edited by Hussars