Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Using Wurm Assistant to Notify When a Favor Level is Hit?

I use Wurm assistant and I use the sound notify for the end of queued actions so I can leave Wurm running on another screen and queue up a bunch of actions (such as Praying) and get the bleep when done.

I'm wondering if there is also a way to get a sound to play when a priest reaches a certain favor level. I'm not sure if there is an event for that or something in the log file perhaps. Has anyone managed to do this? Or is there any other Wurm tool that can do it?

Set up an alert reading skills tab for "Favour increased to 50" or somesuch

• Like 1

Yeah I had forgotten about the favour updates in the skills tab; I had that turned off. This mostly works if the favour level hits the exact number I'm going for (say 50) but sometimes there are jumps such as if Vynora decides to give me some favour when I'm at 49 then it might jump a few numbers. As a workaround to that I've set up triggers for the range of 50-60 so I should catch it if I get a jump in favour.

Yeah sometimes I don't play but I just leave my priest char logged in getting favour so this would come in super handy for that so i don't have to keep checking the Wurm screen.

There is an option in one of the priest / prayer related timers to notify u when a certain faith level is reached, I use 7.5 for channel grinding.

Edited by bigsteve

I noticed that, too.

For now I can think of setting up a RegEx instead of a simple trigger, matching

"Favor increased  to [5-9]\d"
instead of a fixed value, this meaning 5 through 9, followed by any digit (i.e. 50 trough 99). Or in your case, I'd use

"Favor increased  to 5\d"
, triggering from 50 to 59 :)

Note that I have set skill notifications in the Wurm settings to "integer increases only", but you might be able to modify this RegEx for 0.1, 0.01, 0.001, or "Always" increases.

Though this will trigger EVERY time that favor is in that range UNLESS you specify a COOLDOWN in the trigger.

If you keep skill increase notifications on "integer increase only" though, it would serve as a "nagging reminder" to cast that damn spell already heh.

Edited by Ulviirala

You may already be using it but just in case... Here's what I use:

YN1aI1a.jpg

Right click Prayer timer

IKUeHC3.jpg

Click "More Options" button

8CjdCht.jpg

It only seems to register whole number increases but it has been alerting me any time my favor exceeds the amount indicated.

Going straight from 5 to 15 for example (skipping 7), would still alert me.

I also use "Text to Wav" to create custom sound alerts.

http://noah.ninja-web.net/soft/index.html

I believe the website is in japanese but Google can translate for you. The application however is in english.

Its a little quirky to figure it out but works very well once you do.

You can create specific sound files for anything you want that way.

Most of mine are just generic "Favor Alert", "Cooldown Alert", "You may now gain skill from Praying, Meditation", "You may now gain skill from holding a sermon", etc"...

Edit: I'd be happy to make some sound files for you if you prefer not to download and use the file. Within reason of course :)

Edited by Tuanta
  • Like 2

Oh I totally missed the "More options..." menu when I looked at the "Prayer" timer. But tbh, putting that under Prayer doesn't seem to make sense, so I never intuitively looked there. Having the code logic in WA is certainly more applicable than any custom trigger in this case. :)

I also use "Text to Wav" to create custom sound alerts.

Heh, I did record myself to create sound alerts, just a pinch of voice acting. It's actually quite funny. "Vynora grants you some favor", "FAVOOOOUUUR! :D"... "You fuel the forge", 2 hour delay, "Igoorrrrrr, reeeefuel zeh foooorge!". :P

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 1

Oh I totally missed the "More options..." menu when I looked at the "Prayer" timer. But tbh, putting that under Prayer doesn't seem to make sense, so I never intuitively looked there. Having the code logic in WA is certainly more applicable than any custom trigger in this case. :)

Heh, I did record myself to create sound alerts, just a pinch of voice acting. It's actually quite funny. "Vynora grants you some favor", "FAVOOOOUUUR! :D"... "You fuel the forge", 2 hour delay, "Igoorrrrrr, reeeefuel zeh foooorge!". :P

Upload that forge sound already! :lol:

Upload that forge sound already! :lol:

lol ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/614242/igor_refuel.wav

The cliché german accent halfways through is absolutely intended. I'm not a professional voice actor, but I do like to entertain myself, and this certainly works hehe ;)

/edit: I might want to add that I did the sound this way, because it's much more audible when you're listening to background music, or watching a video, that may otherwise blur out a simple and mundane "Refuel the forge" recording.

Because, you know, keeping your forge fired and hot is important! ;)

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 2