Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

COC water and blacksmithing

does it work now with blacksmithing?

if not someone know if it's always been like that or it's bug?

All I know is, it used to work a long time ago. I came back about a year ago and now it doesn't.

I'm guessing its not a bug otherwise the smiths would have been very vocal about it.

Perhaps someone else can add more helpful information.

Edit: I went through the release notes (2014-2004) on the wiki and couldn't find anything related to enchanted water.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Wurm_Server_Release_Notes_2014

Edited by Tuanta

Is there a reason why it does not work? Despite being a Smith, I've always just accepted it as how it is.

Well I am using coc & woa for my pottery, really dont know if it works, just using it just in case it does, O/

Coc and Woa do not work on water when used for improving smithing items (woa will work if the cast is on the tool, itself). Many requests have been made over the years to change it, yet it hasn't been changed.

Despite what Tuanta says above, I don't ever recall it working in the 6 years or so that i've been here.

• Like 2

asidecay is exactly right!

only way coc or woa works while improving smithing items with water is if the item u are improving has woa or coc

i think it should be changed so that either the water or the container the water is in has to be enchanted :>

• Like 2

The tempering action in smithing is kinda derp; it improves little, fails a lot, and the water doesn't make use of CoC/WoA...

The temper action uses the CoC/WoA of the item you are tempering, rather than the water. Its a little backwards when compared to the other smithing actions. What is interesting is if you put both items in your inventory, and activate the item you want to improve, you can right click on the water to temper. If you tried that with a pelt for example it does not give you the option to polish.

coc works with water on everything except smithing which is dumb, probably because of the post above on how weirdly it's coded