Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Crafted mob repel item.

Crafted mob repel item.

The basic idea is you spend time crafting an item which can be traded for time preventing mobs from targeting you. The amount of time where you can't be target is equal to how much time you spent crafting the time. Lets say you spent 4 hours crafting things and converted them into a ring. Upon using the ring you get 4 hours where nothing can target you.

I can see a no-pick up furniture item where you put common resources in it. I'm going to call it a condenser. After putting resources in the condenser you'd use say a ring on it to trade those resources/items for time.

1. Once the no-target benefit has been initiated it can not be turned off. If you want to fight things you should be ready to accept the consequence of failure. The ability to turn it on and off makes it into a tool you can use to easily escape these consequences.

2. It's not that important what skill is used to craft these. Although, it should NOT be tied to things that limit its use excessively (priest magic, karma, silver coins). If any skills are used it would best be whatever skill was used to craft the item(s). Remember the point is to trade crafting time for combat free adventure time. The benefit should be really easy to start yet time consuming to finish. 

3. We can estimate craft time if we take into consideration skill used to craft condensed items and assume tool quality equals skill.

I have thought about potential benefits of using low skill alts and woa. I don't think its a major deal. I'm pretty sure most craft folk have a lot of extra stuff lying around. It would be good if we could trade in those things for actual useful benefits. village sacc'ing bonuses only care about get price and a lot of very time consuming crafts with horribly low get price. I'd also like to see another use for excess crafting items.

Would be an excellent way to make Love Effect obsolete.

• Like 1

So basicly you want a "Get out of wilderness free card?"   Meh, sounds like to me your just too lazy to spend the like one week it takes to get to decent FS, and some decent gear.   

-1   Seriously man... try playing the game and using the mechanics to make your character munch-proof.     

• Like 2

Hmm there's several ways of mimicking RL behavior without doing some "mystical" talisman. Fire and torches to frighten animals, deer urine for hunters stalking skittish prey, musk of certain predators, and etc to name only a few examples.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's the ward enchant with Fo. Haven't played with it much tbh.

Edited by Klaa

I actually wasn't too familiar with the Fo priest "Ward" spell (odd since it is the type of spell I'd like myself) so I checked wiki:

WARD

Drives away enemy creatures.

Notes

• 'enemy creature' means enemy kingdom, not aggressive creatures (wildlife is neutral).
  • Neutral and same kingdom creatures are unaffected.

So it sounds useless for PvE unless Aetherwalker or others know of the wiki being incorrect.

I would like to see this added as a working PvE spell for Fo priests on the Freedom servers, please and thank you.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

It allows Fo priests to ride untamed hellhorses without them attacking and many aggressive creatures will ignore them also

No, I already have that as a passive trait, as long as I have 60 Faith / 30 Favor

Priest abilities

• Priests with 60 faith and 30 favor are ignored by normal animals. They will also ignore your pet if you have one. This does not include hyenas and 'monsters' like dragons troll Lava fiend goblin or scorpions.

So unless my Favor is low (from casting), I am ignored by wolves bears spiders without any casting spell needed, and I can handle hell horses fine and they never aggro me.  This would be more a way of making an area "temporarily safe" for associates.

Or, (maybe better) make "Ward" temporarily extend to the hostile mobs not covered by the passive ability ( hyenas and 'monsters' like dragons troll Lava fiend goblin or scorpions.) Maybe not dragons or uniques, those should probably be hostile always.  But scorpions, sharks, lava fiends, goblins and other hostile critters. Even just a 3 minute duration.

Right now, Fo has many abilities that don't work right or work only in PvP (Disintegrate, Libila's demise, Ward,) or that help with pets that were nerfed beyond any use anyway.  I don't even bother with most spells since most don't even work, except maybe Courier Genesis Drizzle.  i used to use brown bears as cart pullers and body guards, but now they are too weak for even other bears or wolves (might work against pigs), and can't even pull carts anymore at most age stages. Nerfed for PvP reasons (apparently pet trolls are fine but brown bears are just too overpowered).  That's why everyone goes Vynora priest instead, since Fo priests are not so useful on PvE servers and can't do much more than farming and enchanting mailboxes.  But I cannot even pack a farm tile that went to grass, since that is prohibited, so I need an alt just to pack spreading grass tiles so I can farm them again. 

Ward seems to be one of those spells that don't really have any function on Freedom servers, but could be useful. It would be nice if it served some sort of function on PvE.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

right my bad mixed that up.

either way, Fo passive, love effect, fear, ward, noob protection - there are already mechanics in place.

I have animal repellent in several forms - guard tower - templars - huge axe - and a longbow with many arrows - plus walls and gates

I can see the desire. more than once I log in for 2-3 hrs of play time and not get anything done due to trolls or hell hounds in the area, then the time healing, collecting my corpse etc, and end up running out of time and then skipping a gameday just because of being unmotivated to waste time getting chased instead of tending a farm.

-1 if anything because it could easily be abused, even in pve

So many issues with this idea like all the other useless ones you have posted.........