Sign in to follow this  
Sevenless

No, on second thought let's not go fishing. It is a silly skill.

[09:51:18] You moor the "Princess Aurora"
[22:06:25] Fishing increased by 0.000092 to 85.509583
[22:06:41] You raise the mooring anchor

Keylia started with a 80ql rod, rod is now 61ql. 12hrs and 15 minutes spent fishing (minus some time for dinner preparations and eating). This is what she managed to catch:

UxIJhlg.png

4304.44kg of fish excluding weight for backpacks. The marlins alone are ~5000 fillets.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 4

fish + rice = best food ever.

How much better than meals is that btw? You never mentioned =D

Risotto I've found is pretty much the same as meals, except better

How much better than meals is that btw? You never mentioned =D

I'm not thoroughly testing it but something around 5-10 more nutrition sounds fair.

max dig depth in water - 3 dirt  ;)

I've got this beat just this weekend from fishing in a pond.

Sadly, I let all the fish decay all over the pond, cliff side, other cliff side, and a friends deed.....  :unsure:    92-95 fishing in 2 days though is nice, great AFK skill :)

Whats the best way to grind fishing?

Just grab a fine fishing rod and highest coc possible, then que up and afk? for days? Or should I look for special fishing spots? Should I keep a low ql rod with high coc, or does high ql result in more fish = more skill?

• Like 1

then que up and afk?

kin that does not mean macro. fishing has a long timer. so ppl that can que 4 or more actions can go 'afk" for a long period of time.

I see.  It didnt sound that way when reading it.  

Whenever I refer to "afking" in wurm, I always mean "semi afk" as in barely needing to pay attention while you watch a movie. I also consider mining ore "afkable" in that sense.

>.> Kinda hurts how many people interpret that word misuse as me being stupid enough that if I macro'd I'd blatantly say it on the forums.

Edit: Woops, that one wasn't aimed at me :D Druid mah word misuse homey though.

Edited by Sevenless

Whenever I refer to "afking" in wurm, I always mean "semi afk" as in barely needing to pay attention while you watch a movie.

>.> Kinda hurts how many people interpret that word misuse as me being stupid enough that if I macro'd I'd blatantly say it on the forums.

It annoys me people confuse "macroing" with "botting"

:(

Edited by Druidnature

you can macro as long as your macroing device is a human being doing a mindnumbingly boring and repetitive action.

And fishing is cool, I sometimes feel compelled to fish, eventhough I dont need the food or the skill.

• Like 2

It annoys me people confuse "macroing" with "botting"

:(

Actually, from the first 2 google definitions:

Macroing: Macroing is the act of using third-party software to perform automated tasks.

Botting: The definition of bots has broadened to include gamers who employ third-party programs to control their characters.

In that sense, botting is just a game specific term for any kind of automated character controlling. Macroing has to be the most absolute basic version of it, but under that general definition it is technically botting.

Dammit, hate when doing the research makes them right ><

Edit: Confusingly wurm allows "Macro expansion" so long as 1 keypress delivers a finite number of instructions that does refill your action limit after the first set of actions. Guess that's just me being a coder tripping me up there though. Macro expansion is where the term macroing comes from.

Macroing

Definition:

A / Macroing is the use of a program that automatically repeats actions for you, this is a game unbalancing activity and as such is not permitted. Accounts using macros are dealt with very harshly.

-Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions all at once in order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE. You may NOT use any sort of repeat function.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/7-game-rules/

Edited by Sevenless

You have to tape down your keys, use a joypad with autofire, programmable joypad, china farmer guy, housecat, whatever. The "Elder Scrolls" macros any reasonable person with a wrench and/or tape will resort to when a game asks you to press the same key for 500 times in a row. :P

Anyone who can train a cat to bot deserves to be able to cheat

• Like 3

Actually, from the first 2 google definitions:

Macroing: Macroing is the act of using third-party software to perform automated tasks.

Botting: The definition of bots has broadened to include gamers who employ third-party programs to control their characters.

In that sense, botting is just a game specific term for any kind of automated character controlling. Macroing has to be the most absolute basic version of it, but under that general definition it is technically botting.

Dammit, hate when doing the research makes them right ><

Edit: Confusingly wurm allows "Macro expansion" so long as 1 keypress delivers a finite number of instructions that does refill your action limit after the first set of actions. Guess that's just me being a coder tripping me up there though. Macro expansion is where the term macroing comes from.

Macroing

Definition:

A / Macroing is the use of a program that automatically repeats actions for you, this is a game unbalancing activity and as such is not permitted. Accounts using macros are dealt with very harshly.

-Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions all at once in order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE. You may NOT use any sort of repeat function.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/7-game-rules/

Mwahahaha... :)

But yes, I've always stuck to the old school "macroing" being where one makes a "script" and one key press = multiple actions combined. But not repeating. So for example, I would, with one key press, eat my good and drink my water.

That's how I've always seen macroing, and ppl now adays replace botting with it, they're not entirely incorrect, but it's annoying when "most" games allow macroing but not botting. Lol

Edit: also macroing does NOT need third party software in all cases (take a look at WoW's macro system in game)

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

That's how I've always seen macroing, and ppl now adays replace botting with it, they're not entirely incorrect, but it's annoying when "most" games allow macroing but not botting. Lol

Yeah, just watch the terminology since that is not what macroing is defined as in the game rules. It'll get you into arguments :P Even the definition of macro expansion doesn't preclude the possibility of repeating commands (infinite loop that constantly recalls itself is a valid macro expansion by the definition).

I'm just trying to differentiate two terms so we can refer to what is allowed by the rules and what isn't. Frankly multiple keypresses with a single button is a wrist saver in this game. The action timer wait before I trigger actions again lets my wrist have a long enough break :)

Edited by Sevenless

Well, that escalated quickly

These posts I make always go in really weird directions. But hey, s'not a flame war and good discussion to be had ^^ Long as someone is amused by it.

Least we have one person on the game that seeks to unravel some of the mystery and share it with others IMHO.

I look for things constantly (it's in my blood to find every mechanic/detail) but it's nay-impossible to confirm things.

• Like 1