Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Meditation and Achievements on Wurmpedia

Why is it that the Achievements 'How To Unlock' column is allowed to be shown on the Wurm Wiki, but Meditation answers are hidden?

(And for that matter, eventually Sorcery.)

Edited by Xallo

Why is it that the Achievements 'How To Unlock' column is allowed to be shown on the Wurm Wiki, but Meditation answers are hidden?

(And for that matter, eventually Sorcery.)

Wogic

The answers were considered "unsporting" to have up there. Not that they aren't still floating around if you ask the right people.

The answers were considered "unsporting" to have up there. Not that they aren't still floating around if you ask the right people.

They'll get banned for sharing it, or at least that's what was mentioned at the time. :ph34r:

Or just google them ;)

• Like 1

Or just google them ;)

NO!

it has been proven that getting an OPINION based answer "wrong" and having to wait a month or more to try again is more fun than working diligently towards a goal.

• Like 3

it's not my fault Rolf likes to play checkers with his penpal through snail mail

it's not my fault Rolf likes to play checkers with his penpal through snail mail

That phrase is proven wrong by the fact that your nick is so similar to the most known Jenkins...sorry.

Google knows all!

In this post there's a secret, somewhere... :P 

Edited by Rauros

You really care about getting achievements that much Xallo?

There is a very big difference between getting shield of the gone, healing hands and intellect, then getting an achievement for drowning in the water...

They'll get banned for sharing it, or at least that's what was mentioned at the time. :ph34r:

I had a chat about this about a year ago..

[13:55:49] <Epiphron> he explained - so people who DO want to work it out themselves don't have it spoiled

[13:55:53] <Wossoo> To avoid spoilers really

[13:55:54] <Wossoo> yeah

[13:56:29] <Wossoo> I'm not sure I ever heard of someone having their meditation levels reset for discussing answers though

[13:56:51] <Epiphron> likewise, I guess that's why it was removed :P

[13:57:06] <Epiphron> I don't even remember seeing that line.

[13:58:59] <Wossoo> Changing policy is to be encouraged. Since nobody was punished for spreading the answers I don't see much of an issue

[13:59:33] <Wossoo> That policy is no longer in place, clearly

Edited by rixk

Achievements smievements... who cares.

Besides as pointed out, its not like they even come close to meditation abilities.

Far as sorcery goes, its not like there's any kind of mind games, riddles, or puzzles attached.

I'd re-write some of those questions, though... 

Path of Knowledge answers felt more like Path of Whatever The Hell I'm Hellbent On Believing =P

• Like 2

I think the wiki should at least link to an outside source for the answers at least.

think about it, the reason it is not listed is because some people wanted to figure it out on their own, then why have a wiki at all, with the craft window one can find out what is needed to build a cart. the wiki spills secrets of how a bsb works, let them discover things are intended to disappear, and that adding a ql1 log to their hoard drops all the ql.

if this is fun, remove item descriptions so that people wonder why their longbow doesn't work automatically like any other weapons do.

Hogwash!

Edited by Leroy

You really care about getting achievements that much Xallo?

There is a very big difference between getting shield of the gone, healing hands and intellect, then getting an achievement for drowning in the water...

That's exactly why it's silly the answers are banned from the wiki, considering how useful and powerful meditating is. I'd even say vital for game play on certain servers. I don't understand the whole spoilers part anyways... isn't the entire wiki one giant spoiler :P

• Like 1

You need the answers since even the correct one rarely makes any sense.

• Like 1

"Google knows all"

>_>

Seriously now: meditation already is so much punitive to players that there is no need to put those questions in the mechanic; the difficulty is just wait the time needed for getting the next level, also needs special tools and in the time you arrive to the first level you gain/create nothing, so ppl just search for the questions when time arrive, and use the answers found on the net. Also, meditation on freedom servers is generally one way choice: path of love.

Seriously now: meditation already is so much punitive to players that there is no need to put those questions in the mechanic; the difficulty is just wait the time needed for getting the next level, also needs special tools and in the time you arrive to the first level you gain/create nothing, so ppl just search for the questions when time arrive, and use the answers found on the net. Also, meditation on freedom servers is generally one way choice: path of love.

Path of love?...

My 25% exp bonus says otherwise.

• Like 1

Having the Meditation Answers in the wiki was ruining my Wurm experience...................................................

from december Q&A

[19:54:45] <Docterchese> >> What feature or aspect of the game are you most proud of?

[19:54:55] <Rolf> hehe nice one

[19:55:17] <Rolf> it is of course the terraforming
[19:55:33] <Tich> same for me as well  ;)
[19:56:04] <Rolf> i like meditation as well
[19:56:07] <Rolf> .

from december Q&A

[19:54:45] <Docterchese> >> What feature or aspect of the game are you most proud of?

[19:54:55] <Rolf> hehe nice one

[19:55:17] <Rolf> it is of course the terraforming

[19:55:33] <Tich> same for me as well  ;)

[19:56:04] <Rolf> i like meditation as well

[19:56:07] <Rolf> .

Obviously only because he's never done it....lmao

• Like 3