Sign in to follow this  
Gabrielle

Selecting items in containers

My idea is to allow the user to be able to select item(s) in containers, and then type in once the amount he/she wants to move. Then every time the user selects that item for as long as they want or need they don't have to keep seeing the pop-up every time they move items back and forth between containers and inventories. 

For example, I know I can hold max quantity of 7 rock shards in my inventory.  When I open the bsb and say select max that's how much is allowed for me. It would be nice, to type or only select that amount once. Then every time I select the rock shards from the bsb, until I decide otherwise that's the amount that will be selected and sent to my inventory without the extra pop-up.  Feel that this would be beneficial in that it creates a more user friendly interface system and less keystrokes on the whole.

TDLR allow user option to only have to select only once the amount of item he/she wants from container, until the user changes that amount.  

A checkable tab that says "Always pull max" would be useful, I rarely pull out single items from a BSB.

+1

• Like 1

When I open the bsb and say select max that's how much is allowed for me. It would be nice, to type or only select that amount once. Then every time I select the rock shards from the bsb, until I decide otherwise that's the amount that will be selected and sent to my inventory without the extra pop-up. 

when you get that sign, its already put in select max, until you change it 

so if you press enter, when the sign pop up, you always get max each time 

when you get that sign, its already put in select max, until you change it 

so if you press enter, when the sign pop up, you always get max each time 

I think what he's saying is he wants an option to have it do that automatically and not open a menu at all but simply dump max in his inv.

Not sure how it would work, maybe a 'manage container' option which those types if selections? I think that would be more work than needed. I'd prefer the ability to move larger numbers than you can hold when pulling from a bsb type container, like when moving from raft to raft for example. Then you wouldn't need to go back and forth so much, could just select the amount to move and done.

Edited by Xor

A checkable tab that says "Always pull max" would be useful, I rarely pull out single items from a BSB.

+1

Ctrl drag might be useful for this. I would say shift drag, but our generic item manipulation system trys to pull a stack of generic bulk items (which fails).