Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

"Shady at times"?

Found this in a small article about non-violent games for children.....

"Minecraft ($20 for Xbox 360) lets users build block structures to protect against nocturnal monsters. Alice D. says in the "peaceful mode it teaches [kids] design engineering," but Lori M. cautions that the game can be "shady at times". There are older kids/teens that play and some use bad language."

:o

... That's just sad XD. If that is so, every game is a violent game. I play transformice. A game where you are a mouse trying to bring cheese to a hole. That game has the worst community EVER. At least 75% is mean and brags about themself being pro. It isn't always about the game just a lot of annoying people play games. Til now I think wurm has the best community yet from all the games i've played :D.

Most games are ok for children. Minecraft doesn't even have to be on peaceful mode. There is no blood, no people and the monsters aren't scary at all. If you don't want the kids to come in touch with people using bad langauge let them play singleplayer or let them play with their friends. In the end we all learn bad language anyway ;).

• Like 1

If you don't want the kids to come in touch with people using bad langauge let them play singleplayer or let them play with their friends. In the end we all learn bad language anyway ;).

Yeah, mostly from their friends! =P

I've killed fairly over 2.000.000 million people in online shooting games + the many innocent people in GTA since 10yrs old :D

Im still one of the nicest persons out there =P

Games are not real. If they affect someone's thinking, they already have some/minor mental problems.

All helicopter parents, stop hovering everywhere, especially you Lori M.

I've killed fairly over 2.000.000 million people in online shooting games + the many innocent people in GTA since 10yrs old :D

Im still one of the nicest persons out there =P

The important part about being a dangerous psychopath is that you don't realize you're a dangerous psychopath!!

just kidding ofcourse :P

• Like 9

Im nicer than Silakka. But he is better at design engineering with blocks.

design engineering.... really...

Is there even such a thing o0 ?

But he is better at design engineering with blocks.

Is there even such a thing o0 ?

Of course there is...it's called Lego.

Edited by Heboric

I was good at lego I still use the shovel I made out of it to bury the bodies.

• Like 1

Its funny, there are studies that show violent games actually help kids rather than push them to actually be violent themselves.

People should separate multiplayer from singleplayer when talking about games and behavior. You can perfectly fine brutally murder 10,000 NPC's in a singleplayer shooter game and be calm. But try cooperating with other people in barbie online will drive you up the wall. Online comunities/people are monsters, it's incredibly toxic to spend a lot of time in.

I admit I was a monster in hello kitty online.

• Like 1

Heh reminds me of the one Kotaku article about Minecraft being blamed for a kid bringing a gun to school.

Kerbal seemed one of the better educational games I've seen in quite awhile.

design engineering.... really...

Heh should let kids play around in the new tekkit mods, and learn how to build their very own nuclear reactor, complete with how to enrich uranium, and blow each other up with WMDs.... design and engineering... meh, just nuke em all, and their crazy contraptions.    Moms against guns would love that.   :rolleyes:

Seriously, there is a lot of science and engineering in those mods, some of the newer ones are very intersting, and you can learn a lot about chemistry, physics (like how far you can launch a pig with a gravity generator, trajectory etc)    Metallurgy, etc.  

Edited by Battlepaw

You guys better be careful talking about Minecraft, you might get temp banned. Also, I can vouch for Minecraft having a pretty shady community. I see lots of kids using bad, bad language on there. 

You guys better be careful talking about Minecraft, you might get temp banned. Also, I can vouch for Minecraft having a pretty shady community. I see lots of kids using bad, bad language on there. 

The minecraft forums in video format:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xia2liV-Wn8