Sign in to follow this  
Hackett

Xanadu Location Names

Haha didn't notice that if i expand Greymead i think it will be worse, i will think how i can adjust it so its not so phallic

Updated Provinces so Whitefay looks like Phallic, congrats to Greymead on the new territory

Lah8sOr.jpg?1

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 1

I think the lake south of vrock should be vrock territory :) or at least split in southern and northern parts

EDIT: And yeah, I'm saying that because I prefer Vrock over Greymead for my part of the land :P

Edited by Nachtmahr

I think the new territory granted to Greymead should actually be Summerholt. The lake to me is a stronger border than the mountain range.

YeFegRO.jpg

Just a few possible adjustments.  I'm mostly concerned about the greymead section to the east because it just cuts through the body of water and seems arbitrary.  I live on an outcropping of that mountain bordering the mountains that separate the body of water from Whitefay and also have an island in that same body of water. I'd rather be associated with Greymead if possible.  No offense to Whitefay but Greymead is the town we used to get here and have settled a reasonable amount of the sliver of lake that was chopped off.

• Like 1

Some more mountain ideas. The ridge coming up NW from Serpent's Bay could be named Serpent's Spine or Shimmering Ridge. The mountain range near Summerholt would fit as Summer Summit. The jawlike mountain range around the central inland region could be Shadow Pinnacle, or Drake Tooth Ridge.

Edited by Ryamu

YeFegRO.jpg

Just a few possible adjustments.  I'm mostly concerned about the greymead section to the east because it just cuts through the body of water and seems arbitrary.  I live on an outcropping of that mountain bordering the mountains that separate the body of water from Whitefay and also have an island in that same body of water. I'd rather be associated with Greymead if possible.  No offense to Whitefay but Greymead is the town we used to get here and have settled a reasonable amount of the sliver of lake that was chopped off.

That mountain is actually not passable on the Whitefay side lol so it shouldn't be considered part of our lands anyway. Think the province idea looks good otherwise. But yeah I agree change that little section to Greymead as it has no way to reach there from Whitefay's region. We got a crap load of impassable mountains dividing our side from that huge lake.

Could I suggest that valley between the mountains in E9 and 10 be named Twin Peaks Pass?  
Also, it's small, but that bay that takes up part of f10 and 9, could I suggest calling it Red Moon Bay?  Deed in the area named that, and so iis fitting when Valerie is just halfway on the horizion.

Edited by Greyfox

My vote is for C to be Fogshore Lake.

My reasoning behind this is that this will match the canal that is bringing this this lake to the ocean.

• Like 3

My vote is for C to be Fogshore Lake.

My reasoning behind this is that this will match the canal that is bringing this this lake to the ocean.

I'm with Battlepants! 

1 should be called Chocobo Bay since it looks like oneFF2Chocobo.gif

109px-FFII_-_Chocobo-art.png

qSeF4rn.png

G isnt a Lake

As there is deep water on both sides of the island in the middle

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Just an observation but the body of water at E looks just like a femur bone.

It's uncanny.

< modified map>

I like how you made more region boundaries follow the coasts. Here's some more tweaking to make it follow the coasts:

ZQEDaU6.jpg

The large landmass around q12 - r13 is actually an island.  Quite a populated one too!

It's mostly formed by 2 giant mountains and is heavily sloped in most areas.

I settled up there on day 1 (Mt Nyriandiol), the place is lovely if a bit hard to get around without a lot of climbing.

A good name might be "Twinpeak Isle"?

A lot of great input guys, I'm glad everyone likes the provinces. I will make all updates probably tonight (EST)

I will also begin working on a voting template for the competing names and I will try and find a better way to name small areas so the map doesn't get clogged up with names.

So is Deer Friend Island in Vrock Landing or Summerholt?

So is Deer Friend Island in Vrock Landing or Summerholt?

Sorry where is Deer Friend Island?

In your OP I said #3 West lormere bay and #4 East Lormere bay.

Not #4 West lormere bay.

Edited by Ruger

In your OP I said #3 West lormere bay and #4 East Lormere bay.

Not #4 West lormere bay.

Yup thanks for the catch, corrected

Maybe Newspring Basin could be a better name for I1.

Sorry where is Deer Friend Island?

C19 real close to the bottom of that bay.

I live on the shoreline very close to there and was wondering what my correct zip code might be ;)

Edited by conmcb25

C19 real close to the bottom of that bay.

I live on the shoreline very close to there and was wondering what my correct zip code might be ;)

You look closer to Vrock, will call it that

Maybe Newspring Basin could be a better name for I1.

Not sure why a Basin? couldn't find a definition of a Basin where its an island