Sign in to follow this  
Hackett

Xanadu Location Names

4 just looks like a fish hook to me. Not sure it's technically a bay though. Maybe an inlet or a fjord?

Its a Fjord, mountains / hills on all sides all the way around.

Might be a good idea just to label number 4 'fjord' or 'Horse Fjord' given the horses that were swimming in it on server start.

Edited by Happiness

This Alliance is The Western Union. That range I call The Western Wall..assuming no one against that.

wurm201406240056_zps52d397a2.jpg

Edited by BrandonSF
  • Like 1

Edit: oh and will work on a new province boarders, the mountains ideas make sense but not sure about the coastal provinces idea, not sure im understanding it.

I mean it needs more non-coastal provinces. In your current version all provinces but the one in the middle have a chunk of coast and a huge swath of hinterland, making it so that 8 of the 9 provinces are coastal ones.

I call NW west coast as Savage Coast, But I encourage naming because it makes more fun to talk about places.

This Alliance is The Western Union. That range I call The Western Wall..assuming no one against that.

wurm201406240056_zps52d397a2.jpg

But that mountain range (where I also live) goes east-west....  calling it the Western Wall is not proper IMO.

Also, "Newspring Island" is kinda lame.

Edited by Cista

I mean it needs more non-coastal provinces. In your current version all provinces but the one in the middle have a chunk of coast and a huge swath of hinterland, making it so that 8 of the 9 provinces are coastal ones.

Yeah I see your point, but that would mean smaller/more provinces and I'm not sure we are large enough for 15+ provinces. In the end I think the boarders of provinces will come about from alliances and groups of alliances, the mapping I did was more of an example.

North East of lake or bay 6 is a (currently) land locked lake south of Summerholt, it could use a name ;p maybe Summerholt Lake.

But that mountain range (where I also live) goes east-west....  calling it the Western Wall is not proper IMO.

Also, "Newspring Island" is kinda lame.

I would agree, also not sure if mountains should be named using directions such as (North, West, ect) or Upper and lower unless it ends with its location like Northern Eagle Mountains or something.

North East of lake or bay 6 is a (currently) land locked lake south of Summerholt, it could use a name ;p maybe Summerholt Lake.

I think you meant  North West but i got it, I will add it shortly

Its not marked on the map but that small lake west of E, it kinda looks like a Wolf Head with its mouth at that Mill Hollow deed. Perhaps Wolf's Head Lake or something like that? 

Change 4 to Wild Horse Fjord so that it doesn't sound so much like Horseshoe Bay perhaps? Wild horse just sounds better to me anyway.  B)

#8 Whiskey Fjord. Whiskey Jar Alliance located in that area and along the north shore of east peninsula.

#8     Whiskey Bay has a nice ring. 10 deeds in alliance there so far so they have a decent shout at the naming of an area dont you think?

Edited by Mavv35

#8     Whiskey Bay has a nice ring. 10 deeds in alliance there so far so they have a decent shout at the naming of an area dont you think?

Excellent point! +1

#8 +1for naming Whiskey Bay

Edited by silverrose

May be a bit bland, but I'd rather 3 be called simply Lormere bay. Maybe east and west if they are connected.

May be a bit bland, but I'd rather 3 be called simply Lormere bay. Maybe east and west if they are connected.

I like this. #2 can be bay of hope but #3 should be West Lormere Bay and then the bay on the otherside be East Lormere  bay.

#2/3 should not be named the samething whether they are connected or not.

I'll offer "Dream Lake" for F.

The reason being it's quite easy to build on almost all of it's shoreline, hence a dream place to build a deed.  Western side especially has quite flat areas.

Quite the opposite of the lake near WhiteFay......which is a nightmare of steep cliffs.