Sign in to follow this  
Addeny

What happened to trolls...?

cant even tank 2 trolls at once now got down to 30 health after getting the first one to dying and had to back off and heal before killing them

90FS, 90 Weaponskill with combat bonus from being a Mag champ and at max level focus I was able to get 4% chance to aim left on a zombie troll (weaker/low CR than a regular troll) haha. 

Fortunately i can still kill them but they are atleast 50% stronger now but the good news is they have been buffed in the amount of FS they give!

• Like 1

Awh :/

Just came in to tell a certain someone, "I told you so."

Trolls have been on super steroids since February now. 'All mobs' hit a little harder since the armor changes in 1.2, but trolls have become especially dangerous.

The fact that they've been made even worse since the unique CR changes, just proves that ninja mob buffs happen... intentional or not.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Wished they'd keep it, the fighting gains are awesome! Had no issues taking down a normal aged troll in cloth armor on ground.

• Like 2

did you see them say that or are you guessing?

a developer actually posted that they will revert it back next update, so it's probably unintended bug :P

a developer actually posted that they will revert it back next update, so it's probably unintended bug :P

that would be a welcome change then

Had the wonderful pleasure of running into a mature hardened troll last night.

After having to blow 1000 karma to get back home (3%) health I went back out to get my wagon.

I had a 16.5kph speed horse and that stupid troll chased me around in a circle for 15 minutes..no im not exaggerating.

SO I ended up dragging him down off the dunes and about 100 tiles to some poor guys templar.

I kid you not that poor templar. 

Troll pretty much ripped his head and legs off and beat it to death with its own arms.

Was painful to watch

I agree with joemog, they give awesome fs now. Sadly its just temporary :(

I don't get any fight skill from killing these new superbeasts! All I get is messed up armour. I don't like it because even if I win, I lose. It's not easy to find someone to quickly repair and imp this armour.  :(

A aged scared troll finished off 4 Tower guards and was wounded O.o   And they are all over my place 

A aged scared troll finished off 4 Tower guards and was wounded O.o   And they are all over my place 

Makes you wonder what he's scared of ...

• Like 1

Makes you wonder what he's scared of ...

the reckless climate change and movements of people perpetuated by a wurm society. He's just fighting the man.

• Like 1

Pretty harsh to let a bug like this continue over a weekend. I feel for anyone with trolls in their area this weekend, especially newbs who have no chance to kill them. =/

• Like 1

Pretty harsh to let a bug like this continue over a weekend. I feel for anyone with trolls in their area this weekend, especially newbs who have no chance to kill them. =/

Its Wurm, fixing bugs isn't a priority.

did you see them say that or are you guessing?

Would had added  - iirc/afaik if I wasn't 100% sure, but yeah it's quite clear now.

I also seem to get strange huge FS ticks from champ trolls.

killed 3 champ trolls in past 2days and got 0.24fs gain in total from them. [used archery of course, impossible in melee ^^]

Edited by silakka

Its obvious that having an option to fight difficult mobs is good. What is not good is greifing deeds that don't want such.

it would be so cool if....

Lair creation, spawning, and mob path finding was greatly influenced by customization deed settings. Lets say there are 10 levels of difficulty. Level one would be blue-outline peaceful creatures and 10 would be unique creatures. Deeds would radiate out influence that increases towards 10 as distance from a deed increases. The influence difficulty starts out at whatever a deed sets its difficulty too. If a deed sets its difficulty to 1 it will attract peaceful creatures and push away aggressive. If a deed sets its difficulty to 10 it will push a way peaceful and attract very dangerous creatures.

I don't know how AI does movement which makes it hard to make a good suggestion for this influence idea. Lets assume that AI generates a random destination and then paths the mob to there. With this assumption the number of tiles a mob can move could be reduced depending on: 1. its current difficulty zone, 2. its destination zone, 3. its preferred zone range. For example, if a champ troll in zone 9 tries to path find to zone 1 it could have its movement potential reduced by 90% and it only moves a couple tiles. Further, if this same champ troll was in zone 5 and its destination was any zone greater then 5 its movement wouldn't be reduced. If a cow tries to path find out of its preferred zones its movement would be reduced.

Over time this would gradually push mobs into zones of difficulty that are created based on player desires (deeds are usually paying customers).

Difficulty zones could be updated infrequently, say once a week, because deeds don't change that fast.

Would had added  - iirc/afaik if I wasn't 100% sure, but yeah it's quite clear now.

I also seem to get strange huge FS ticks from champ trolls.

killed 3 champ trolls in past 2days and got 0.24fs gain in total from them. [used archery of course, impossible in melee ^^]

FS gain is proportional to CR of mob. Since their CR got a massive boost, so did the effective FS gains from them.

It's a bug, not ninja update.

it's an update unless Rolf says it's a bug or it gets changed in the very next update, I'm still noob but I see trends none the less.

• Like 1

Yip they are harder , yes I got more FS gain as well :)))) 71FS and I just managed to kill one , had to retreat once to heal , but we were both as badly wounded , I like them like this , they were getting to easy anyway :)