Sign in to follow this  
Addeny

What happened to trolls...?

So a troll was on my deed this morning. I have like 70 fs, and the attack options for the troll were all red. This was just a normal aged troll, mind you. Is this a bug, or?

I have heard that Trolls have been beefed up significantly.  

The unique CR rebalance massively buffed Trolls CR at the same time. They deal same damage, have same or slower attack rates, but their fighting skill is upped (your attack speed and accuracy is lower).

No clue if it's intentional or not, was not mentioned in the dev notes as intended.

I am sure we could spend more euro/dollars to solve the problem with a few of the weak templars.

Must have a reason that a) trolls can enter the deeds you payed for, Templars get weaker and weaker and, oh wonder, trolls get stronger and strong.

Very clever, really.

(for the usual wannabe-tough-chaosguy that pops up at this point, we are already at FS 70, wait a little longer, then FS 80+ won´t be enough anymore, too)

Edited by Westfold
  • Like 1

yeah...

I am sure we could spend more euro/dollars to solve the problem with a few of the weak templars.

Must have a reason that a) trolls can enter the deeds you payed for, Templars get weaker and weaker and, oh wonder, trolls get stronger and strong.

Very clever, really.

(for the usual wannabe-tough-chaosguy that pops up at this point, we are already at FS 70, wait a little longer, then FS 80+ won´t be enough anymore, too)

I have quite a bit more then 80+ fs and 80+ weapon skill w/70+ weapon skill.. I missed 12 times in a row? Reaaallly? I couldnt target either..

• Like 3

they seem to be quite stronger, indeed. Smaller deeds now need a disproportionate number of guards to be safe in a troll area.

Old troll killed one spirit guard and three regular guards all fighting it together. They didn't make a dent in it. This game change isn't going to make me want to pay out more, in fact it's making me want to pay less. In fact, may even make me cancel the spirit templar all together if it can't do it's job. 

Can't see what the problem is. I had an Aged Champ Troll come and annoy me on my deed. It died, I lived. I have studded leather armour and a nice LT cast on my huge axe which certainly help. Yes it was harder to hit and I couldn't shift direction of my attack most of the time. but I won so :P

Heard this from a friend as well. I have yet to fight one. :)

Edited by Sharkin

I hate ninja updates like this.

It's a bug, not ninja update.

I assume it's something with the increase of CR on uniques that went wrong. :P

Edited by Sharkin

Heard this from a friend as well. I have yet to fight one. :)

Fought and killed a young one with 70fs yesterday. It killed a templar quite handily. I wasn't able to hit it until about 3 focus levels in.

Considering I was hitting at about the same rate on it with 3 focus as I did before the bug without focus, they seem to have gotten +3 CR (30 extra levels of fighting).

Fought and killed a young one with 70fs yesterday. It killed a templar quite handily. I wasn't able to hit it until about 3 focus levels in.

Considering I was hitting at about the same rate on it with 3 focus as I did before the bug without focus, they seem to have gotten +3 CR (30 extra levels of fighting).

Troll king probably made extra crowns to pass around.

• Like 1

was taken to about 10 health against an aged troll, fighting it with an 84ql rare large maul 89nimb and 73 LT. over 70 FS and had a spirit templar assiting me the whole time (which was slain before i was)

Only got it to half health

'Normal' Trolls will revert to how they used to be on next server update.

• Like 5

'Normal' Trolls will revert to how they used to be on next server update.

Awh :/

Can confirm, was splattered 6 times by a single troll

• Like 2

I can usually kill trolls alone, but I almost died fighting a plain old one with five guards and a templar. And they beat the living hell out of your armour too. I had drake on and it gave 9 damage to my chest armour. My other character got even more damage wearing very high quality AOSP chain.

I noticed this yesterday when hardened trolls targetted me, All the fight options were red, And I'm at 82fs.

This bug sounds awesome, if only there was a server dedicated to mobs...

• Like 1

It's a bug, not ninja update.

did you see them say that or are you guessing?
  • Like 1