Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Red Dragon Public Slaying

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 19, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 19, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

This is a major evolutionary step from how secretive dragon hunts were conducted in the past, and I think it is something we should embrace. 

I think there is no doubt that Whykillme is completely capable of putting together a private group of super-experienced hunters fully capable of taking down a red dragon on their own. In fact I suspect it is EASIER for them to do it with a small competent experienced team, and things start to go really-wacky when they open the floodgates for everyone to jump in. So I don't think he is inviting the community because he has to but because he wants this to be something the community can all take part in. 

The loot rolls -- well, one baby step at a time. Right now they could easily grab the dragon, slay it as secret event and not share any of it. Right now there may be a lack of trust on both sides and this is a great first step to rebuilding trust. Can we trust them, and they trust us, let's find out!  The fact they are starting to WANT this to become "a community thing" is a wonderful first step and one we should not be discouraging.

INDY   INDY   INDY   INDY  !

Oh like yer man hording the dragons like he is a somebody? People learned not to trust you guys lol

Ill be there I guess lines up well with when I get home from work 2h sword.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 19, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

Everybody, don't fall for his selfishness and settle for meat junk.  Demand a fair roll for all of the loot.  He wouldn't be able to kill it without your help.  Everyone is important.  If refused, a suggestion is to bind a key to "take", hover the mouse over the dragon, and start spamming the key when the dragon is almost dead. If there is a sorcery item, you could be holding several gold.

Don't like it, don't show up, please. If you don't feel like you will be adequately rewarded for your effort, then do not put in the effort. I absolutely despise people like you, trying to ruin a well setup community event with your greed and selfishness. "Yeah just go ahead and grief the group who's trying to do a community event instead of a private kill, I'm sure that'll ensure the rest of the uniques they find will be public"

You know I'm in wkm :) 95fs 90 huge axe

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

I will try to be there if possible, and possibly poke some friends into joining in. :)

77fs, will most likely use a large maul or a 2H sword.

Everybody, don't fall for his selfishness and settle for meat junk.  Demand a fair roll for all of the loot.  He wouldn't be able to kill it without your help.  Everyone is important.  If refused, a suggestion is to bind a key to "take", hover the mouse over the dragon, and start spamming the key when the dragon is almost dead. If there is a sorcery item, you could be holding several gold.

Lol. I don't think that a random roll amongst all participants is THE fair way to go about it, in fact I don't even like that method, but if you host a unique killing and I decide to attend then that is the rule I will abide by. If it actually bothered me I would refrain from being a grumpsack and instead just not go.

Just relax, okay? The uniques will respawn and you will have many opportunities to find, host, join or ignore hunting parties. There's no reason for you to get your panties in a bundle and threaten to GRIEF a playermade slaying event.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

Howl (spawn point) isnt far from fm :)

The actual slaying is not at Freedom Market - this is a meeting place. Whykillme refrained from posting the actual location to prevent the event from being hijacked.

View hidden Post

@Alyeska, Makes more sense. i was wondering how to get the dragon over there and all.

View hidden Post

This is a major evolutionary step from how secretive dragon hunts were conducted in the past, and I think it is something we should embrace. 

I think there is no doubt that Whykillme is completely capable of putting together a private group of super-experienced hunters fully capable of taking down a red dragon on their own. In fact I suspect it is EASIER for them to do it with a small competent experienced team, and things start to go really-wacky when they open the floodgates for everyone to jump in. So I don't think he is inviting the community because he has to but because he wants this to be something the community can all take part in. 

The loot rolls -- well, one baby step at a time. Right now they could easily grab the dragon, slay it as secret event and not share any of it. Right now there may be a lack of trust on both sides and this is a great first step to rebuilding trust. Can we trust them, and they trust us, let's find out!  The fact they are starting to WANT this to become "a community thing" is a wonderful first step and one we should not be discouraging.

INDY   INDY   INDY   INDY  !

Brash....The Venerable Red Dragon is the hardest unique in the game.  With the recent increase in combat rating, it will be even harder.  Why do you think it would be easier for a small team to kill it?    I've led a red dragon slaying group recently, and from that experience, the more 70+ FS people present, the easier it is.  You need a lot of firepower to continually bring down it's health.  Did you know that during the fight, it regenerates it's health quite significantly?  During our first attempt, we had about 20 people and were stuck in a stalemate.  We would bring down it's health some and it would regenerate it back.  After some time, we could foresee running out of vesseled gems, so we had to quit.  Employing more strategies and people later allowed us to successfully kill it the second time.

Also, this is not an "evolutionary" change to how he conducts dragon hunts.  it's the exact same thing he's done in the past.   The result of that white dragon slaying was immense self profit in lieu of even distribution.

Edited by Galatyn

View hidden Post

Brash....The Venerable Red Dragon is the hardest unique in the game.  With the recent increase in combat rating, it will be even harder.  Why do you think it would be easier for a small team to kill it?    I've led a red dragon slaying group recently, and from that experience, the more 70+ FS people present, the easier it is.  You need a lot of firepower to continually bring down it's health.  Did you know that during the fight, it regenerates it's health quite significantly?  During our first attempt, we had about 20 people and were stuck in a stalemate.  We would bring down it's health some and it would regenerate it back.  After some time, we could foresee running out of vesseled gems, so we had to quit.  Employing more strategies and people later allowed us to successfully kill it the second time.

Also, this is not an "evolutionary" change to how he conducts dragon hunts.  it's the exact same thing he's done in the past.   The result of that white dragon slaying was immense self profit in lieu of even distribution.

Didn't they hand out 70+ql weapons with enchants and dragon's demise on them to every fighter? + pen it / organize / grind the skills to be able to butcher it and even do anything with it after butchered?

That was early on in P & R, when weaponsmiths were unheard of and it even mentions in the thread there were no known 90+ skill leatherworkers to handle the hide lol.

IMO that was a fair distribution.

• Like 2

Stuff

Shrug.

Good luck WKM, don't think I'll be able to make it but sounds like a good time.

View hidden Post

Didn't they hand out 70+ql weapons with enchants and dragon's demise on them to every fighter? + pen it / organize / grind the skills to be able to butcher it and even do anything with it after butchered?

That was early on in P & R, when weaponsmiths were unheard of and it even mentions in the thread there were no known 90+ skill leatherworkers to handle the hide lol.

IMO that was a fair distribution.

You completely missed the point.  I'm saying to Brash that this is not an "evolutionary" change from the past.  It is no change at all from how it's always been.  My whole point is that it doesn't have to remain that way.   In this completely different setting of commonly found high FS, high weapon QL, etc, the loot distribution can be changed to make it more fair for others.

View hidden Post

Few points.

1-WKM and our group of fighters killed 3 uniques on independence just a week or two ago, and did just fine. Look it up in area history before you splurt rubbish. WKM does not NEED to invite anyone, it is a courtesy for people so they can come and enjoy a public event. Just because your group couldn't kill it, doesn't mean other unique teams are as incapable as yours.

2-Former fights with dragons, the drops were very different. ANY drake slaying Whykillme, Xallo and I have ever organized, we have ALWAYS given EVERYONE got a FREE DRAKE SET. Including the one you linked to, everyone who participated got a free set of drake hide armour. Ask the people who are listed in the thread. Ask anyone who has formerly attended any of the drakes slayed on Exodus. Or the green drake on celebration.

This is not anymore possible. There is not enough loot to distribute to everyone. The pieces like skull, tome, and bone will be divided amongst our own vital group of fighters - the people that are capable of killing this beast with or without help from the community.

3- Now people can come, have fun, see and kill a dragon, get a piece of scale and a potion to make blood, and possibly a title, or they can stay home and mind their own business if they think it is unfair. Go find and organize your own kill then. Someone tries to ruin this, there won't be anymore public kills like this and your wonderful Robin hood style "steal from the rich to give to the poor" adventure will lead to everyone on the server getting excluded from future kills.

Stop talking about stuff you don't know ###### about, seriously. Profit my ass, this guy has given away over 60 drake sets and a good bunch of free scale sets. The exact link you try to use for your dumb propaganda proves you wrong if you were to do a little research.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

View hidden Post

Don't like it, don't show up, please. If you don't feel like you will be adequately rewarded for your effort, then do not put in the effort. I absolutely despise people like you, trying to ruin a well setup community event with your greed and selfishness. "Yeah just go ahead and grief the group who's trying to do a community event instead of a private kill, I'm sure that'll ensure the rest of the uniques they find will be public"

You know I'm in wkm :) 95fs 90 huge axe

Where is my greed and selfishness?  I'm advocating giving others a chance to win a sorcery charge, bone, and skull.  This is not truly a community event, if the community will not be able to win the good loot. 

View hidden Post

Where is my greed and selfishness?  I'm advocating giving others a chance to win a sorcery charge, bone, and skull.  This is not truly a community event, if the community will not be able to win the good loot.

I think suggesting people to grief a community event it is pretty selfish. If good loot is what defines a community event for you, then that is the explanation of greed. You may read my other response to your blabbering in further explanation.

View hidden Post

Few points.

1-WKM and our group of fighters killed 3 uniques on independence just a week or two ago, and did just fine. Look it up in area history before you splurt rubbish. WKM does not NEED to invite anyone, it is a courtesy for people so they can come and enjoy a public event. Just because your group couldn't kill it, doesn't mean other unique teams are as incapable as yours.

2-Former fights with dragons, the drops were very different. ANY drake slaying Whykillme, Xallo and I have ever organized, we have ALWAYS given EVERYONE got a FREE DRAKE SET. Including the one you linked to, everyone who participated got a free set of drake hide armour. Ask the people who are listed in the thread. Ask anyone who has formerly attended any of the drakes slayed on Exodus. Or the green drake on celebration.

This is not anymore possible. There is not enough loot to distribute to everyone. The pieces like skull, tome, and bone will be divided amongst our own vital group of fighters - the people that are capable of killing this beast with or without help from the community.

3- Now people can come, have fun, see and kill a dragon, get a piece of scale and a potion to make blood, and possibly a title, or they can stay home and mind their own business if they think it is unfair. Go find and organize your own kill then. Someone tries to ruin this, there won't be anymore public kills like this and your wonderful Robin hood style "steal from the rich to give to the poor" adventure will lead to everyone on the server getting excluded from future kills.

Stop talking about stuff you don't know ###### about, seriously. Profit my ass, this guy has given away over 60 drake sets and a good bunch of free scale sets. The exact link you try to use for your dumb propaganda proves you wrong if you were to do a little research.

1.  The red is much harder than all of the other dragons.  It will take more than your small select group.  My group did kill a red.

2. That's great everyone received a free drake set.  But you know, there were enough sets for everyone to receive more than one if evenly distributed.  Keeping the vital items (sorcery, skull, and bone) confined to a small subset of the group is selfish and greedy.

3. Yes, he did profit.  I personally paid 200 euros and 50 silver for 3 sets of different colors and Arathorn paid 100 euros that I know of, and I'm sure there were many more purchases from others.  I'm not complaining about paying.  I'm very happy with my purchase.

I'm also happy to know that the selfish and greedy mentality is changing.  The uniques on Release were killed with all 70+ FS fighters receiving an equal and fair chance of winning.  Oh, and btw, a sorcery charge from a recent kill was traded for a drake set that resulted from a drake killing last year.  So that adds to the profit received from last year's killings for a member of your select group.  At least I'm not the only one who believes in fair loot distribution.   I respect Sevenless for organizing fair public events.  I wish there were more people like him.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103036-the-pristine-round-table-sun-22nd-hunt-cancelled/

View hidden Post

I think suggesting people to grief a community event it is pretty selfish. If good loot is what defines a community event for you, then that is the explanation of greed. You may read my other response to your blabbering in further explanation.

It's giving people the equal chance to win is what defines a community event to me....not the loot itself.  If people don't want the loot, then that's their prerogative. 

Which "community" are you talking about?  I'm talking about the Indy community.  The bottom line is.a small group from Pristine is going to go to Indy and only the group from Pristine is eligible to win the good loot.  So, is this a  Pristine community event on Indy then? 

And I'm suggesting that if a group from another server wants to be selfish, then it's equally fair to be selfish yourself.

Edited by Galatyn

View hidden Post

Okay then, I suggest that you organize your own unique slaying from now and stop suggesting that people grief and steal from community events. Make sure that you don't come this Sunday, I'd hate for you to leave unrewarded for your grand effort. I can also say to accept your challenge and test if the team is capable of killing it, alone, without any community event, so everyone involved will get loot, which is what you want, right? Not for everyone to have fun, just for the people involved to get loot.

PS - clearly you do not know what you are talking about, the group of folks is from independence, not from release. Though that's been apparent throughout the last few posts anyways, you seem to have a very hard time figuring out fact from fiction :)

Can we move on and have a forum mod clear this derailment from a fun community event :)? Thanks!

Edited by Alyeska

I'll try to be there, and poke some friends to make them tag along :) 77fs, will most likely use a large maul, or a 2H sword