Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Unique loot change - Give buffs instead

As a possible way to eliminate some of the strife with the uniques, what if we change to a pair of buffs:

- One for the entire server, that remains with the server for a period of time after the kill "as the dragon's blood gushes out of it's severed head, it vaporizes and spreads across the land, infusing it with an unusual power".

- One for the battle group, giving everyone that was directly responsible for dealing damage, or providing support spells/heals, their own special buff.  Ideally, a buff that won't cross server borders, much like a writ. 

I suspect this would eliminate the bulk of the frustrations people have, over not getting their hands on those super valuable unique drops.  Penning issues?  Who cares.  Pen it to hold it for the group to form and kill it.  No longer a financial gain to pen anything.  Take away that financial gain (and the greed) and you will see much better cooperation.

Consider the RoS casts and Impalongs.  Those are truly the ultimate community building, cooperative events - as hunting uniques should be!

• Like 1

But but them treasure D:. I think that if you can't get the items it's too bad however i would also like to have a chance to get it. I agree that it might be a pain in the ass for players who worked hard on getting stuff.

Although your buffplan is a good idea!

I do like the idea of buffs.  But I can cross a server to get the benefits of an ROS cast.  If I kill a unique, I should be able to take that buff with me back across a server border too.

Pashka - I wavered on that one, before I posted. My thinking was to help nudge the task of killing towards the local server folks, rather than people getting complacent and just waiting for the cross-server band of experts to come do it.  Since it is a buff any attacker can get, no reason to try sneaking over to kill in secret.  Could probably eliminate need for keeping the kill buff to kill server.  Curious how others feel about that restriction?

Huge -1.

I love what they have done to the uniques, now the *players* need to get their act together and distribute it fairly, as has been done in the ones I've been in, I've seen no issue with it.

And the permanent on use items are very fun and game changing.

Ehn, playing the loot lotto is the main reason they get killed at all right now. I'm all for complete hardcoding of loot distribution, but removing all monetary gain from the kill would disinterest me from attempting to organize hunts for it. Plus it completely negates all the work put into the blood system after we just got access to it. I don't really mind serverwide buffs, but I can buy the argument that it doesn't encourage people to kill it themselves, just happier that it died in general.

Overall I'm against the suggestion, even if I'm for hardcoding fairness and inclusivity into the system I don't really like how this goes about it personally.