Sign in to follow this  
watkins141

New lock system

The new locking system forces us to have keys, i can see that being good against griefing, but allow us to place locks on carts/wagons/boats (anything you DONT need a key to open) without needing the key for that lock. Provided you own said boat/cart/wagon.

Edited by watkins141
  • Like 1

The other problem was that new players find random locks and uses those. They then put locks on vessels they don't actual own and lock themselves from their stuff. Or put on containers like chest thinking they work like the vessels.

But yes, I had bunch of locks made and I got rid of the keys. I'm stuck with them now.

• Like 1

Picking a boat and not being able to transfer ownership and throwing the lock back on sucks!

The new locking system forces us to have keys, i can see that being good against griefing, but allow us to place locks on carts/wagons/boats (anything you DONT need a key to open) without needing the key for that lock. Provided you own said boat/cart/wagon.

Do I remember wrong when i think that taking a boat across the epic server boarder transfers ownership to the captain?

But yea  pve or pvp  +1 to cart/boat/wagon locks with no key (still pick-able ofc). 

Do I remember wrong when i think that taking a boat across the epic server boarder transfers ownership to the captain?

true, i'm saying after picking and taking ownership, being able to put the lock back on it would be nice.

Make all locked items work like vehicles, + add a writ permission system for them.

• Like 3

It would be a better system if keys were logical rather than physical.  Rather than have a key with copies just put a writ type system on all locks same as mine doors, houses etc.  Conceptually you're giving each person a key.  Yes it's less real but eh.

I go out of my way to avoid locking things with key'ed locks if I can.  After collecting dozens and dozens of them over the years I have a hard time remember what I even meant by the renamed name sometimes.

edit: Bah beat me to it 

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

It would be a better system if keys were logical rather than physical.  Rather than have a key with copies just put a writ type system on all locks same as mine doors, houses etc.  Conceptually you're giving each person a key.  Yes it's less real but eh.

I go out of my way to avoid locking things with key'ed locks if I can.  After collecting dozens and dozens of them over the years I have a hard time remember what I even meant by the renamed name sometimes.

edit: Bah beat me to it 

Also reduces the number of items on server which should reduce lag somewhat if i'm not mistaken.

The other problem was that new players find random locks and uses those. They then put locks on vessels they don't actual own and lock themselves from their stuff. Or put on containers like chest thinking they work like the vessels.

But yes, I had bunch of locks made and I got rid of the keys. I'm stuck with them now.

Simple solution - the prevention stays until 24 hrs ingame time, then remove the garbage so people grinding lockpicking aren't hassled by it, same for stealing enemy boats

• Like 1

I have a chest on my "vault" building which has 2 things, keys and gems. Half the keys don't have locks (from destroyed gates and such), but i still keep them xp.

I'd also like to see boats carts and wagons get a guest system like houses - I sometimes have 2-3 carts and I either have to lock every town mate and friend off it or everyone use it specially when its meant to be a surprise

• Like 1

I would love to see vehicles get a writ-style permission system. I would much rather give access to a ship by name than entire social group.

I would love to see vehicles get a writ-style permission system. I would much rather give access to a ship by name than entire social group.

I'd also like to see boats carts and wagons get a guest system like houses - I sometimes have 2-3 carts and I either have to lock every town mate and friend off it or everyone use it specially when its meant to be a surprise

Make all locked items work like vehicles, + add a writ permission system for them.

+ 1

Since when did this go from a suggestion about having keys to lock things to a writ system.

Since when did this go from a suggestion about having keys to lock things to a writ system.

Here, at post #6.