Sign in to follow this  
Calypsoi

Server is too small

This is the 2nd funniest thread in Xanadu forum, though I'm a bit biased.

Yeah it`s too small, Rolf please open another new server, twice as big as Xanadu....will be fun....

Van we stop these useless topics?

You van report the thread if you don´t like it.

It is the funny "report"-button in the lower right of the every post.

The idea of a walled in "kingdom" type area isn't that strange. It happened in real life and Faeron of FactionalFight on Deliverance had a lovely walled in kingdom. Being angry in the forums that your idea doesn't completely mesh with that of your neighbor isn't productive. Discussion on the best way to collaborate would be a better use of your time. I happen to know that the community in question wants to work WITH you, not against you, but wishes to still maintain their original plan. An agreement can be made, but it's up to you to be cool-headed enough to try.

Edited by Novella

I've told this guy several times that we will make sure there is a nice highway and we wouldn't deny him access to his deed. It is something i really want to have a nice highway he continues to explode for no reason and not listen to anything i

say.

Hes been very nice at times but as soon as he assumes something he blows up on me without even talking about our plans for our community. He assumes that he needs a super highway paved 4 tiles wide through our perimeter and as soon

as i try to tell him to hold off and not pave it that we don't know how we are building he flips out. Its hard to try to maintain relations with him.   

1. me and my community was first group to make a path to linton on the 2nd day to help people out. 

2. ive assured him time and time again that a nice highway is definetly our goal 

3. ive told him it was not my intention to "surround" him.

4. ive tried to tell him several times all of this but he flips out and ignored everything im saying and then makes threats of harrassing us destroying everything.

5. i realized he had drama on pristine with people and i told him thats not our plans several times.

dunno whats up but ive tried to talk to him about it.

some conversations.

http://imgur.com/nrMdWEE

http://imgur.com/5Zf1Zb4

http://imgur.com/yd0T3T3

Edited by Killroth

Bit of a ###### move, but to be honest it seems a bit early to build highways. Building roads is fun work and you can cover lots of ground quickly, but if somebody doesn't want a road near their deed I'd consider respecting that.

he paved it 5 wide tiles through our perimeter and we never removed it he just keeps flipping out. we havent done anything but be harrased by his ego and biwinning attitude non stop.

Edited by Killroth

2 tiles wide and planned BEFORE you dropped extra deeds. Your so called path has places 10 tiles long without so much as a packed dirt, no trees cut, not flat at all, I planned to go around and you dropped a deed RIGHT ON THE NEW ROUTE and put a GATEHOUSE RIGHT ON TOP OF THE NEW ROUTE just to slap in the face. Do not try to pretend like you are the victim here, you are the one that boxed me in and has crappy road plans that turn a gazillion times and are not straight at all. You just want to wall everything up and ruin the place just like you did on celebration, you should go back to celebration and stick with what you already ruined. 

I packed dirt 2 tiles wide, THAT IS ALL and I had it planned BEFORE YOU EVER DROPED YOUR FIRST DEED. I was the first deed over here, then you come in and box everyone up. You got me and another large deed all surrounded over here.

Edited by Calypsoi

he paved it 5 wide tiles through our perimeter and we never removed it he just keeps flipping out. we havent done anything but be harrased by his ego and biwinning attitude non stop.

Assuming you are the one boxing claypsio in, Maybe take a step back and see that you are in the wrong and tbh I bet a lot of people would feel he has every right to be mad and short tempered with you. 

That ever crossed your mind?

Edited by AnarchistRise
  • Like 2

Hey I will admit I blew my fuse too fast a couple of times. Not even going to deny it. But every single time I turn around they are cutting me off. Next they will probably extend that deed down to the coastal road and put up walls, would not suprise me at this point.

As far as the small part that was 4 tiles wide (not 5) I had originally planned 2 to the east, but when I started packing the dirt (trees were already cut out) I not only ran right into tar, I realized they had put a deed down and I was well inside their perimiter. So I moved it over 2 tiles to only take up 1 tile of their perimiter, as I move on out, turns out they planted 2 more deeds on down the road, and it came out just right so that 1 tile out the very outside of each perimiter was in the planned path, so I continued to pack dirt. Then they raised a fit about wanting to put walls there, so I said fine, I will just go straight east until where a straight north road out of Linton would come out, a couple of days later before I had a chance to cut out that path, they dropped a deed up there right in the middle of that road plan. This is where that gatehouse currently sits with wood fences for many tiles in each direction.

Keep in mind I was going to work on my deed first, I had some plans for the roads but was going to do them later. Then, on the tiny little 10x10 section of land I missed with my deed that pokes out, one of their allies dropped a 11x11 deed... That same ally asked that a road be put in across my deed on the coast to help him get to his allies. I said thats fine, I went to work on the roads...with no help from the guy who wanted that coast road got it all leveled, straight, properly flat and sloped. Then this happened.

Edited by Calypsoi

we never have any intention in blocking you. you need to stop. we have no intention in blocking you. we want to have a nice highway. we have no intention in blocking you. relax man.

Assuming you are the one boxing claypsio in, Maybe take a step back and see that you are in the wrong and tbh I bet a lot of people would feel he has every right to be mad and short tempered with you. 

That ever crossed you mine?

we never boxed him in. maybe you shouldnt assume. ever crossed your mine

WTS popcorn,  10c per KG,  11c with salt, all out of butter.

• Like 2

Never boxed me in? Lets see here....

My west side:

32uG88z.jpg

The gatehouse in question:

GpkUy1X.jpg

Turned directly around from the gatehouse without moving

rN6Rkfp.jpg

The highlighted tile in the last pic is touching the edge of my east perimiter.

To the south my perimiter is bordered by a nice guy with a similar sized deed to mine, that was placed almost the same time as my deed was. To the north is nothing but water.

To the south and east of my neighbor is their alliances deeds touching his perimiter on all sides, and to his west is water.

That is my definition of boxed in.

Edited by Calypsoi

the road still goes through ive tried sending you messages on forum... You have be blocked on wurm. ive tried explaining things to you you just keep blowing up i have no problem with a highway through our area im just

trying to create a nice community area and were not sure about highway location. I told you to give us a few days and yet within days you burst out yelling and accusing. come on.

we are the ones being bullied her on the forums in local in pms. Dont want to fuel the fire anymore with replies here my attempt to contact you with reason is out there.

Edited by Killroth

The way I've watched drama on the servers over the years, I've learned this... Either deed it or lose it, ad if you can't/won't deed it be prepared for people trying all kinds of stuff to try to strong arm your gameplay simply because they can.   

That is why I play on Chaos, no drama about deed ownership, since if there is a dispute that can't be solved, you do have a catapult.    I can plant as much as I want off deed, or anywhere I think I can defend, no worries about anyone coming along and just deeding over my work simply because they can.    

That and the community is favor/barter based for the most part rather than demanding silver for every little thing.    Its a bit more laid back when dealing with your neighbors, simply because the rude jerks don't last long, and aren't part of your community.   

• Like 1

Yep, looks boxed in. What are the chances if I say it 3 times it makes it true? Bout the same chance you have of repeating it over and over :lol:

Side note, WTB popcorn no salt extra butter!

Also, just to be clear, they are well within their rights. As annoying as it may be they are breaking no rules. The mistake was mine for not slapping cobblestone up that road and through where that gatehouse sits before they deeded.

But the horse pens in your pictures of being boxed in...they're yours? I know the lighthouse isn't, but the pens are, I thought. Correct me if that's wrong, because I'm honestly not sure. The other deed that you say is boxing you in is not close to there. It's way on the other side...adjoining other deeds from the community. Perhaps it was your unfortunate luck to build where you did, but no one plans on running you off or strong-arming you. I truly believe that if you stop allowing yourself to get angry at the drop of a hat, we could all work together and plan for your highway. You seem to take the existence of this community as a personal affront to you. It was planned way before we were even able to get to Xanadu. And I'm positive that if we'd realized we'd be deeding next to such an angry person, we'd have looked for another area. We don't want drama. I'm disappointed that you'd rather argue than try to come to an agreement.

Yes the other side of my deed, BOXING ME IN your alliance has deeds touching me on both sides, and you cut me off right on the highway. Azo is fine, he squeezed in there, My deed is on the shore on both sides of his deed in a straight line. You guys at the top of the hill on the EAST side however slapped fencing and a gatehouse right down where you could CLEARLY see a road heading. There is no agreement so long as that crap on top of the hill is there.

You deeded over packed road plans AND 2 tent campers that had farms going. That was just the rudest deed ever.

Edited by Calypsoi

Personally, I deeded over nothing. I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what is going on. I'd prefer you didn't start yelling at me. Like I said, the community was planned since before Xanadu was open. It was not ever intentional to "box" in you or anyone else. Plus, boxing in implies 4 sides, not 2, and you admit that Azo's deed is fine, so you really just have an issue with one deed. Is that correct?  I have no idea where the wall you're talking about is...just trying to find out why you're so upset and let you know once again that we're willing to talk. I don't know anything about your tents or farms either, but you're right...if that occurred, it would have been nice to have discussed it before deeding. I have no say in the status of "that crap on top of the hill," and I don't know what the intention is with the gatehouse in question. I think those of us who have replied here have made it abundantly clear that we planned on having an access road though, but they would like to plan a bit so they had a clear idea of where it would best fit. That doesn't seem particularly unreasonable.

The road was planned to go south at first, then deeds poped up, so planned for east and told them such then another deed pops up. Here is a pic of deed locations. Green deeds were some of the first laid down, but also the black deed is black hill it was laid down early and the blue deed is the original deed of that alliance. The yellow deeds came later. The red deed came after I mentioned moving the road plans to the east, and it came the day before servers connected. The rest of the inland area is wide friggin open. Rather than keep their community together they wrapped around me and my neighbor.

N0aIx5k.jpg?1

Tell me this does not look like an alliance trying to box up deeds they want to run them off.

Edited by Calypsoi
  • Like 1

[2014-06-03] [12:17:55] Congratulations! You are now the proud citizen of New Haven Bay.

[2014-06-03] [12:18:01] The settlement of Oracle Bay has just been founded by Calypsoi.

[2014-06-03] [12:21:48] The settlement of Black Hill has just been founded by Nazgul.

[2014-06-03] [12:24:52] The settlement of Hill Fort Town has just been founded by Tendongetter

im sorry sir but i dont understand how we ruined all yoru plans deeding around you when we deeded first?  Whats all this glorious map drawing and accusing us of coming later?

did you come from the future to spread lies?

Edited by Killroth

Care to share the date/time of The ######'s Comb, and Rock Wall, and House on the Hill, and that other one, and Haven Heights?

The blue deed was marked as your alliances first deed, The yellow ones are where you are trying to run everyone off. 6 seconds on that deed that is over 60 tiles away from me and did not stretch around tendongetters deed, then you just creeped right on over and around because you want to own all this land and you want to run us off. Thank  you for proving my point.

This matter can be better and more productively resolved via PM of affected parties. Locking.