Sign in to follow this  
Calypsoi

Server is too small

Apparently it is too small since people have to box you in and deny you any decent trade route by putting up fences and walls all around you.

Lol... Xanadu is hugeee!

Edited by Hashtag

LOL am i really seeing this, a 32kmx32km map and people are boxing in each other? Wow...... Hope rolf sees this and realizes just how lazy people are on exploreing and settling

It was fine at first, I had a road going south and they put deeds down and said hey we are building walls there pls do not finish that road. I said ok I will just go straight east until the road can turn straight south to the starter city, and boom couple days later theres a deed on my east.... Maybe coincidence? Nah name matches their main deed, its part of their alliance, and sure enough theres fences there now and a slap in the face gatehouse right on top of where my road was going.

Edited by Calypsoi

i havent seen a person in local ever.  since the day it opened

Only thing you can do is go out and around them. They cannot fully box you in.

It's likely you found a nice spot and they have thought the same. It sucks they did what they did, but it doesn't mean the server is too small. It just means some people are inconsiderate.

Xanadu could be 1/5 the size it is and have plenty of room for everyone.

• Like 1

It is the principle, one of the people in their alliance is one of the ones always talking about wanting highways, and this is how they show it. I think what it is, is that they wanted my deed spot and now they are griefing me within the rules.

Edited by Calypsoi

Well, you get these people who think that are god, and using game rules they can greif the hell out of you and take your deed spot. best part? Most have GM friends so when the break the rules you are the one to blame.

Wurmonline at its finest

• Like 3

You sure it has *nothing* to do with your sparkling personality in Kchat? </sarcasm>

lmao :) I would think my sparkling personality would make then NOT want to live next to me...guess I am doing it wrong.

Edited by Calypsoi

I'm having problems deeding the server running out of funds fast.

• Like 1

Unfortunately people have every right to be this way, Once upon a time people had respect for one another but those days are gone now.

Bash in the fences on the perim that are boxing you in. Whoever gets tired of it first wins ×D

Bash in the fences on the perim that are boxing you in. Whoever gets tired of it first wins ×D

Catapults are more fun.

It's sad that people are doing this. I was out looking for horses yesterday in a boat and I was amazed at how much untouched coastal space there still is even after almost 800 deeds had been placed down.

I have two villagers who got their land deeded right away twice by the same guys...

They were new to the game... found a spot... flattened it and built fences for the farm...

Next day there's a token next to it... couldn't even pick up most of their stuff.

Apparently they also added them to the KOS-list... I'll return that favor.

Earth is big too, but people prefer living closer to communities =)

Happens everywhere, New people move in next door and wanna be friends...

A week later, you are on their KOS list...

Van we stop these useless topics?

No its a new server which means New drama. It's the next best thing after unique drama. Highway drama. Deed drama. He Kosd me drama.

Legal griefing drama is hilarious too because it's allowed lol.

• Like 3

You sure it has *nothing* to do with your sparkling personality in Kchat? </sarcasm>

Judging people based on how well liked they are by the /kchat circle jerk is a poor decision.

On day 1 of Xanadu we had 3 deeds dropped in close proximity, waiting to flatten an area for the 4th (which was to go in between the other 3) and which we were waiting for confirmation from a friend who wasn't able to make the move with us due to personal reasons that delayed him making the trip (He was expected to be there by day 2).

Early in the morning on the 2nd day, some guy walks in, drops a deed right in the middle if our three (within viewing distance of them) and maxes it out so it borders all 3 of our deeds, effectively boxing himself in.

He claims he did this by mistake and didn't see the other deeds, but considering it gives you a warning when you place that you are in close proximity to the others with your perim etc. it was pretty clear he knew and was either intentionally trying to say "no, this is MY spot" or he was really unintelligent.

We had to debate this guy and a GM for a long time and ultimately nothing could be done about it, so we threw money at him and bought out his deed and resized/renamed it. 

And before people assume anything, this isn't a case of us walling off a massive expanse of land, our deeds are relatively conservative in size, but had we let this guy stay where he was, it would have effectively cut off access to our port deed and isolated another on a cliff side. So it wasn't a matter of "mine mine mine" so much as "well #$&@ our deeds are gonna be useless now..."

Pretty much the way Wurm works and the primary reason we settled on top of the highest mountain on Deli when that server launched. No matter what you do, someone will always decide "hurr durr this area is nice me wants it too".

I am just waiting for someone else to decide they want to settle where we're at, it's really a matter of time. Despite the fact that the server is huge and there is tons of room for everyone to have their own nice spots, people are insanely lazy and would rather crowd an area they "like" (i.e: they own it, even if you were there first) than go looking for their own spots.

The only solution is to throw money at the problem and deed as much as you want to control, and/or cut off access.

Why people decide "hey look an area with a bunch of people living in it, I'm gonna squat in the middle of this steppe field right beside them!" instead of going to find their own unique spots is beyond me.

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 2

And get a two lane road in, then they cant fence it over, because it will be an official road. (Make sure you understand the official road rules fully first)

i had 0 deeds near me when i planted my deed now i have 3 that have there primes pushed up against mine! i was like wtf people really