Sign in to follow this  
Aum

unlootable corpses

currently alliance members and friends can loot your corpse off deed.(and probably on deed with pickup allowed), this should not be possible on pve unless you /release corpse

I would like to be able to be more social and have big alliances without loosing security for my belongings by default.

Light of Fo spell only works in alliance and for these unique hunts it is the life saver for everyone. one should not have to give up their personal security to participate and receive healing.

the additional role parameters were much needed and I feel this would highly benefit community gameplay and possibly even eliminate a number of gm calls

• Like 8

Really?

I remember distinctly having to use /release a couple of times for my brother to grab my stuff...

It sounds more like a bug than a feature.

+100

and Kane I can confirm it is this way. I used my alt to pickup a corpse (the alt is a mayor of one of my other deeds in my alliance). I didn't have to /release before being able to grab everything.

• Like 1

Friends cannot loot your corpse unless they are in the same village/alliance.

If this was intended, perhaps change it to an option in the character profile next to the PM settings.

Optional Villager's pickup / alliance pickup /  friends / nobody pickup.

• Like 4

+1 on that!

I do trust the villagers I currently have, but I'm taking in every newbie running across our village to help them out and teach them how stuff works.

I locked down all my valuable stuff I don't carry on my body... so no problem there, but should I manage to die, let's say to the champ troll visiting us yesterday, I would feel better if i knew my corpse is actually safe.

Edited by Nachtmahr

Yep, I found this out when I could loot a alliance members body full of rare/supremes. It was a moment of "WTF"

I immediately asked how to change this, there is at this time nothing you can do EXCEPT log off immediately if you die. If you log off they can't loot your corpse. So what I suggest to do -

If you die, log off. Bring a alt to where you died, log on, and get the body ASAP with the alt.

You can also use the karma spell, but that takes a while and isn't 100% safe.

I was also told by two staff members if someone loots your body in this manner, there's nothing they can do.

So, yes. This definitely needs *fixed* Especially when a alliance is testing new members.

This has sooooo much potential for griefing... Invite someone to your village, get them killed, loot their crap, kick them :P

This must be changed ASAP.

• Like 1

-1 You could just remove offenders from the alliance. people should pay socially for their crappy behavior IMO. I like the ability for my villagers and alliance to do so. Releasing allows anyone to pick up the corpse right? How do you get more personal security that way? Communicate and working together seems more beneficial while punishing and shunning griefers seems more practical and useful to me.

-1 You could just remove offenders from the alliance. people should pay socially for their crappy behavior IMO. I like the ability for my villagers and alliance to do so. Releasing allows anyone to pick up the corpse right? How do you get more personal security that way? Communicate and working together seems more beneficial while punishing and shunning griefers seems more practical and useful to me.

Have fun punishing the thief after he ran away with your equip worth a ton of money.

If you like the ability for your villagers and alliances to do so, you can still just /release the corpse.

But you can also not release the corpse and run back on your own.. or with an alt to release when he's there...

Get where I'm going? :)

• Like 1

+1 This is the type of glaring security oversight that should be fixed within 24 hours to be perfectly honest.

• Like 1

Have fun punishing the thief after he ran away with your equip worth a ton of money.

If you like the ability for your villagers and alliances to do so, you can still just /release the corpse.

But you can also not release the corpse and run back on your own.. or with an alt to release when he's there...

Get where I'm going? :)

Fair enough. Guess I've never had these types in my PVE alliances and rarely die in random circumstances the way described. Just bums me out that we are making alliances that less meaningful. Social aspects in this game are already lacking enough. But I wouldn't appreciate the theft if it somehow did happen. Essentially a pessimistic and cynical but probably deserved outlook on the Wurm player base? Idk. But changing to +1 because the wisdom stick has slapped me against the head.

• Like 1

+1

Although i have never heard of an indecent were a player corpse was stolen in PVE, it is non the less a hole in player security that needs to be addressed.

+1

Although i have never heard of an indecent were a player corpse was stolen in PVE, it is non the less a hole in player security that needs to be addressed.

This just happened in a recent change. in the past nobody could pickup the corpse unless you did a /release

This just happened in a recent change. in the past nobody could pickup the corpse unless you did a /release

Can't be to recent, this has been doable for a few months now at the very least. (When I first noticed it)

I remember it being like this since I started wurm like a year and a half ago.

would also be neat if only villagers are able to loot branded horses corpses off deed

I dont think there is even a warning when joining an alliance.

-1 I guess

Really invite, ally or befriend only people you can trust. Removing this will be just one less reason to actually have to think twice if to ally/invite/befriend someone or not, just drstroying any real meaning of the words friend or ally.

But I can totally understand the issue with the unique fights, so what I would suggest instead would be to limit the looting to only yourself, but only for 3/6/12 hours or so, giving you a chance to get there first.

Edited by Lovefall

-1 I guess

Really invite, ally or befriend only people you can trust. Removing this will be just one less reason to actually have to think twice if to ally/invite/befriend someone or not, just drstroying any real meaning of the words friend or ally.

But I can totally understand the issue with the unique fights, so what I would suggest instead would be to limit the looting to only yourself, but only for 3/6/12 hours or so, giving you a chance to get there first.

That is how it's supposed to be right now. . . Except 24 hours. /facepalm

oh, i had never heard of this until just recently.

Then again, I hadnt been in an alliance for most of the time because of all the silly security leaks involved.

I should't have to worry about my in game property because I want to be more social. 

+1 Needs fixing ASAP

People don't do unique fights in Teams. With the new maps it's even more important to ally for full functionality.

Team is neglected, Alliance is full of security holes.

bump. No idea why this slipped off pg1. More +1s please, more attention for getting this fixed !

• Like 1