Sign in to follow this  
belthize

Found Horse: Aged Horse

Male aged horse found wandering in desert in SW Xanadu.   No discernible traits, bit hungry, appears to have 4 functioning legs.  

Speak up if yours.

• Like 4

Unnamed horses are wild horses, it was likely spawned rather than escaping from someone.

It's mine. Could you please deliver it to the Vale of Fo on the west side of the continent?

I hate it when my horses run away...

• Like 3

It's mine. Could you please deliver it to the Vale of Fo on the west side of the continent?

I hate it when my horses run away...

Good deal glad I found him,

Yell if/when you get a mailbox.  I'll gift wrap him and mail him over, too dang far to run.

• Like 2

If it is grey then it is mine. (You didn't mention the color, so only I could have known it)

Please have it delivered to my deed on Independence, thank you.

• Like 4

Dang sorry Cista,  I already send it off to Valdor.

Valdor,   I couldn't wrap it properly for mailing so I shoved it in a barrel first.   Once I removed the legs it fit no problem.   I don't have a mailbox yet but I paid some guy to take it.  

Glad I could get him back to you.

• Like 2

<3 seeing horses returned to rightful owners.

• Like 1

Lmao, 12/10.

Btw, I hear that's Aetherwalkers horse, because he sucks at breeding any good traited horses. I'm surprised it doesn't have negative for that matter!

He also sucks at naming animals, so he just leaves them default.

• Like 4

Horse thieves!

I still have the legs,  they wouldn't fit.  Was making a stew so they're a bit manky but relatively intact if you want them.

Kind of a Solomon-ic decision, since I'm not sure who really owned it you can each have half.

• Like 2

"it's legs are of different length" how true.

• Like 1

Dang sorry Cista,  I already send it off to Valdor.

Valdor,   I couldn't wrap it properly for mailing so I shoved it in a barrel first.   Once I removed the legs it fit no problem.   I don't have a mailbox yet but I paid some guy to take it.  

Glad I could get him back to you.

Awesome.

Yea, he takes kindly to barrels, so there shouldn't be any problems. I'll make sure to check my mailbox tonight.

I hate loosing horses. Yes, I do have 20 other wild horses I found near me, but that one is special.

PS: I'll probably need the legs too at some point...

Yup!  Belthize stole my horse and is now giving it away.  If you could please return it to the true owner, it would be appreciated.  :)

Well this sucks.  Sorry Valdor,  already sent the legs off to Cista.  Just nail a few shafts on I'm sure it'll be fine.  Might clack a bit when it's running but if you sharpen them to points it can pick up trash around your deed while it grazes.

Hashtag, My bad, Would you take a semi-whole bison in exchange ? I think I have the better part of one laying around here.

From now on I'm just going to kill all unnamed grey horses horses, they're too much trouble.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 3

Guys you won't believe this.

That horse made it all the way to deli!!!

And they say animals can't cross server, Psh!

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 3

Belthize... I believe there has been a terrible error. In fact, I am very embarassed to report this, but this is NOT my horse. Are you sure you sent the right one?

It arrived yesterday through mail, like you said, stuffed neatly into the barrel. No legs. But that's not a problem. The problem is that as soon as I unpacked it and had a look at it, I could see right away that this is not the missing horse. I am pretty good at telling wild horses appart and this one bears no resemblance to my missing equine. So, unless you sent the wrong guy, I am sorry to have put you through all this trouble.

I will be sending him back, but first I want to imp the barrel (the horse deserves this much) and put some legs on it. I am experimenting with shafts, but I can't seem to get them all the same quality. Also, I ran out of birchwood, so one is cherrwood. They don't all have to match, do they?

• Like 1

I nominate this post by belthize n all it's contributors into the wurm archives as one of the funniest..the poor horse..all he was doing was looking for a piece of tail n lost his legs

Edited by Banarashi
  • Like 2

this stuff is why I got kicked from my d&d team, <3 light hearted RP.

Alright, horse legs made. He looks kind of funny now, with the front left leg being cherrywood, while others are not. But like I said, I ran out of birchwood.

On a related note, the real missing horse (the one I thought was this one, till I realized otherwise) has suddenly shown up again. Just like that, he walked into my deed, as if nothing happend. When asked, he claimed he just went for a stroll to clear his head. I told him the pain he caused everyone here, but obviously he doesn't care. Unbelievable. The horse code is not what it used to be.

I'll be sending the peg-leg horse back to you tonight, Belthize. Hopefully this will end this complicated saga.

Edited by Valdor

a song comes to mind...

Edited by Banarashi

I've been through the desert ...on a horse with no name...it felt good to be out of the rain....

I'll be sending the peg-leg horse back to you tonight, Belthize. Hopefully this will end this complicated saga.

Thanks for sending him back Valdor, sadly something seems to have gone wrong in shipment. The barrel was slightly damaged and he arrived in more parts than I would normally consider healthy.

I tried to put him back together again but so far things I've tried, like attaching the tail to the hide, don't seem to work.

4wro.jpg

Probably best if we just forget the whole thing.

On a side note WTS horse bits, cheap.

• Like 2

We at WETA find this in bad taste.  We demand you cease and desist in this unfair treatment to that poor horse!

Edited by squirrels

Let's see... a hoof, an eye, some fat and 9 meat. Yea, looks like the horse got to you in one piece. Well... figuratively speaking.

So, other than a possible lawsuit from PETA (or WETA, as threatened above), we should be good. The horse deserves a good home. The only matter is that in your screenshot, I see three nails. Now, I used four nails when I reconstructed his legs (one nail per plank), so this is troubling. One nail evidently didn't get to you.

I don't want to call it theft, because I have no proof, but let's just say that I am very disappointed in the Wurm mail delivery system. The spirits "lost" a nail in transit. At first I wanted to open a GM ticket, but I doubt the GMs could help much here, seeing how they too are at the mercy of the spirits.

So, the only question remains. What do we do about the missing nail? Do you want me to send you one and hope that it will get there this time? If the horse is no longer assembled, at least he deserves to be all in one location. We owe him that much.

• Like 1