Sign in to follow this  
Vannin

Clay Pits, clay mining.

Xanadu has some rather large areas of clay and some might say excessively large, but, afaik, none of them appear in-land, they're always coastal or under-water. Despite being on the edges of the habitable land they still get in the way of the construction of buildings, docks, roads etc. So I'm suggesting that any clay tile should be treated as dirt/sand for digging purposes and can be packed and built upon, maybe minimum 20 paving skill to pack.

I can hear the uproar already as people want clay for so many things.

So if clay was to become a finite resource that can be dug or mined, there could be some sort of structure that could be constructed enabling open cast mining/digging on large areas of clay tiles. This could be planned in the same way that a house is and expanded in the same way. This could involve moving large areas of clay onto dry land (iron veins were recently re-jigged so this should be possible)

Large areas of clay could be "prospected" by experienced diggers to estimate quality and how much clay can be dug. Differing qualities of clay could then be incorporated to the game, instead of it being dependant on just digging skill and shovel quality.

Once a clay pit/mine has been constructed it would give access to clay of higher quality, with quality of clay dug from undeveloped clay tiles being capped. Could also increase yield per action on clay dug from pits/mines.

I think clay is not that big of a problem. It would be nice though if you could build on it but the tile stays a clay tile. If the buidling were to be removed the tile would return to clay again.

It would sure be nice if you could eliminate, at least temporarily clay and tar tiles.  Require 80 digging skill to do it, have it be similar to marsh with planks, but for the love of pete let us get rid of these tiles if we don't want them.  There must be a reasonable solution for this.

oh i seen clay inland.. sure it wasn't too far from the water but i was like.. almost 40 tiles from the water and the clay was going up the mountain side.. and was easily 50 tiles wide closer to the water.. was a sight to behold.. but also a bit sad as that was a HUGE track of land that is otherwise useless.

with Xanadu, clay inland is a problem

I am against building on clay tile or being able to remove those tiles, if you deed on clay, deal with it but clay is a public resource.

In xanadu we live around a lake that doesn't have any clay tile as we are far from coast we need to travel for a while to the coast to get clay.

Clay tiles need to stay infinite, it's a resource as needed as rock.

I would rather prefer a linking cast (spell that need more than 100 favor to be cast such as life transfer for Fo priests) with mag priests to either remove 1 clay/tar tile or create one.

Edited by Zetuka

i think we should be able to level and flatten clay so its not such a menace