Sign in to follow this  
belthize

Rock paving texture

I'd kill (any volunteers) for a rock paving texture.  I don't really care what the mats are, concrete, slabs, bricks you name it.  

Basically allow paving such that the paved tile *looks* like rock.  Slabs just don't blend in well with rock.  It's purely aesthetic but sometimes when blending rock (surface mining) and dirt (leveling/packing)  you have to have a dirt tile hanging out somewhere.  You can blend over it with a slab but it just looks off.

It can say rock slab, goofy fake rock tile or whatever for mouse over just as long as it looks like rock.  I'd hope this is fairly easy, just make a tile type and give it all the graphic attributes of rock but maybe there's some mysterious complication I don't see.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 2

Make gravel tiles look like rock?

Could, though gravel already serves a useful-ish purpose.  Hopefully making a new tile type by simply re-using an existing texture is a low labor task.

I like the gravel texture, so don't remove that. I would LOVE a rock one too, though! Just today I was thinking about using concrete to do something fancy with rock.

Here's a picture of a cliff side house frame and 3 slab tiles put in to mask the dirt that had to be dropped for packing the floor (side note, why can't houses be build on flattened rock, why is packed dirt so much better).

skcj.jpg

So 1 part bump for pic,  3 or 4 parts bump in the hopes that Saroman (or others) see it and say, "Oh hey, yeah that's super trivial, done in next client patch". 

Might fix kingdom titles for Nadroj while you're at it.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

+1 to make some paved tile that looks similiar to rock with same color, but not 100% same.

edit : Misread the suggestion

+1, I see no harm in this.

Edited by Etherdrifter

Concrete seems to be a logical choice for creating new pseudo-rock tiles. I've never had a need for this myself, but I can plainly see where it would be useful to have.

Edited by Nmenth
  • Like 1

Concrete seems to be a logical choice for creating new pseudo-rock tiles. I've never had a need for this myself, but I can plainly see where it would be useful to have.

Concrete is just hard enough to make that roadbuilders would (rightly) opt for a proper road texture. Seems perfect to me.

I wish we could make slabs look like they were sliced off the in mine rock wall, and a slice of black slate vein would be nice too for paving.

So long as it doesn't give road bonuses beyond what normal rock does, that'd be weird.