Sign in to follow this  
Cista

Roads roads roads

Any chance of getting an actual pathway drawn for this road of yours?  Great job by the way.  I plan on exploring it today. 

But our road comes from the west  :)  so it's not near your side yet .

I will upload a route map later today. 

Here is a closer look at our road, the green part is paved already.

The name of the road is the Hellhound Trail, and it will be signposted as such. It will now connect to Izzy's tunnel to the east and thereby to Greymead.

6c8knlS.jpg

• Like 2

I completely missed it. Traveled the wilds north of your road, up to the south shore of the lake N of it.  Maybe tomorrow I'll head back and see if I can catch the road again.

Very appropriate name for the road. I was attacked by no less than 30 hell-hounds yesterday.

Edited by Wurmhole

If anyone is trying to find my tunnel, it has a door on it at the moment. its still needs work done inside it to make it look better. Reinforcing and such.

• Like 1

As promised, we have now connected East and West Xanadu with the Hellhound Trail, found in the wilderness between Linton and Greymead. The map below has been submitted to the community map.

Of course, we were standing on the shoulders of giants like Delone, Mortomes and Ryamu, who constructed the main east-west going highways. Ours is only a one-tile road. Nevertheless, going from K11 to K17 it is the longest stretch of road ever created in Wurm in a single push, and through completely uncharted lands.

The road builders were Tessy, Ingar, Izzyizzyizzy and myself, with good assistance from Enaifos, Zkovacs and Whippy.

There are two tunnels along the way…be aware that the tunnels are only half reinforced and it may take up to a week until they are fully done. Helpful signs are posted along the way. There are several wells and pens. We made extensive use of diagonal sections so the traveller can save herself a bit of distance.

I have not been involved in the roads beyond what is shown on this map, but I will add them to the community map if noone else does.

6co4zlz.jpg

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

With the Hellhound Trail being completed, you can now travel safely on paved roads across Xanadu as shown in these point-to-point examples below. Be aware that you have to always go west and north around Hamme Lake.

e6XbqCB.jpg

If you know what you are doing, it is indeed possible to travel even further on horse or cart. In the south you can go past the Valley of the Damned deed and further down to Lormere and the south coast. And you can also travel up through the Summerholt region if you know your way in the terrain at Summerholt Lake's south shore. 

Edited by Cista

Once I can see on the map the roads cutting across xanadu basically alone the K line, I will do a video all the was east to west. Probably wont be until the start of feb though.

It took me 20 mins to get from k8 to linton, so a trip all the way across may take a couple of hours.

yeah, on a horse that was topping out in the mid 30s/km, I did about half the distance in 1hr.

Fantastic job on this road!!

Edited by Wurmhole

Greymead to West Harbor deed (central west coast), was 58 minutes travel time, on a cart going 28k on flats.  Add another 30-35 min to make the entire east to west coast run.

Longest ride at full speed in my wurm life.

The second tunnel of the Hellhound Trail crossing central Xanadu has recently been fully reinforced yay.

I took a walk down the road going south from Rome (L17) and towards the soouth coast, The road is mostly there but not fully paved, and not really there yet in the desert areas, so I got quite lost along the way towards Hunter's Lodge.. 

The hellhound Trail is fantastic.

The whole West to East video is nearly done, I did the trip and im halfway home again. Expect a full video with timelapse shortly.

It is a 1hr 40mins trip on a pretty fast horse. I felt like a hillbilly while riding that trail. 

Once again, great roads people :)

p.s Cista, I was worried going thru those tunnel as I was on my priest and cane mine out collapsed tiles.

I got "Rider of the Apocalypse" on my priest.

Edited by Milosanx

Thanks Milo :)

Tessy is still working on improving the floor near the exit of the first tunnel, and we should add a couple of signs inside it where there is a side tunnel, but that is small details.  

I'm seeing a lot of 'roads' that do not meet the criteria set out in GM Hall. I can see how someone who reads the rules could possibly mess with a 'highway' that was not a highway because it did not look like this rule. 

"Highway is defined as a paved road connecting two or more deeds with a format of either a single tile road with sand borders on each side -or- 2 or more tiles wide".

Edited by Clatius

I'm seeing a lot of 'roads' that do not meet the criteria set out in GM Hall. I can see how someone who reads the rules could possibly mess with a 'highway' that was not a highway because it did not look like this rule. 

"Highway is defined as a paved road connecting two or more deeds with a format of either a single tile road with sand borders on each side -or- 2 or more tiles wide".

Yeah, a lot of the roads in the first part of the video do not qualify as highways, and therefore can be tampered with or destroyed entirely without GMs doing anything about it. If you want your roads to last, make them proper highways! ;)

About a week ago, I began finishing our end of the 3 lane highway from the Imre Canal P22 up to connect our deed, Tarsis, and will continue it to the shore of the lake where Tarsis is, at O22. I will be sure to post pics upon completion, hoping this week some time (fingers crossed!)

Off the top of my head, I think once the end of it is finished, will make Tarsis the 4th deed along this section of the 3 lane highway

Edited by Percefonie
  • Like 1

I was traveling on the road from Greymead directly to the south coast again. Both north and south of the Hunter's Lodge deed, the road is still lacking in several parts. Especially when coming down from north, someone who is going that way for the first time will get completely lost trying to find their way.

I don't understand why someone puts a road on the map that is not there and is not being finished for many months. Just be warned :) 

We (Turiel and Tekari) are building the first TnT Road at the moment going north from F17 - For Tuna -> to E17 -> and then west towards E14. We hope to connect it to a maybe existing road network there.

We will sand the borders of it and are building 1x2 safety shacks here and there. Wells are also there for the travellers refreshing pleasures.

At the moment the road reaches to a little desert in the middle of E16.

But travellers beware... there's an endless stream of mobs lurking for fresh meat. 

Future plans are connecting the road with the already existing ones going towards Greymead in the south.

Edited by Tekari

We (Turiel and Tekari) are building the first TnT Road at the moment going north from F14 - For Tuna -> to E14 -> and then west towards E17. We hope to connect it to a maybe existing road network there.

We will sand the borders of it and are building 1x2 safety shacks here and there. Wells are also there for the travellers refreshing pleasures.

But travellers beware... there's an endless stream of mobs lurking for fresh meat. 

Future plans are connecting the road with the already existing ones going towards Greymead in the south.

about those mobs. i'm planning to build guard towers along the high way for protecting.

We (Turiel and Tekari) are building the first TnT Road at the moment going north from F14 - For Tuna -> to E14 -> and then west towards E17. We hope to connect it to a maybe existing road network there.

Cool :)  (I think you mean East towards E17.)

Question: is your deed/road in F14 already connected to the roads going to Vrock?