Sign in to follow this  
Cista

Roads roads roads

Howdy - Highway builder of Hollow Springs (J11) here - We're making steady progress pushing the highway east to meet up with another highway in progress.  We've also completed a west run to meet up with the road to Linton and another existing road. The names escape me at the moment.  We're working hard to improve existing routs as well.  Seems people just slapped down some uneven cobble and called it a road, so while we're building our highway, we're also improving existing infrastructure as well. (smoothing it, leveling, widening, removing cliffs, etc)

• Like 1

Vrock Landing has now been connected towards south!

This is in the form of the south highway built by Joedobo, and the tunnel through the mountains made by Januszram - this tunnel is however not reinforced.

As indicated on my little map here, you can now travel on roads from the lake northeast of Vrock Landing through Vrock and the mountains and to the highway between Lynx and Bay View and the Hollow Spring area, although as you can see *not* yet connected to Hollow Spring and the Linton network.

oMvQvAZ.jpg

Edited by Cista

I understand that map, but it also seems super confusing, because those just show its possible to travel, not the actual routes.

Yea it's not a road map, it is a simple comparison of the longest distances you can travel as the crow flies.

This map shows many of the actual roads.

Unbeknownst to me, a road exists that goes around the mountains south of Greymead, along the lakeshore. I have no idea how old this road is and who built it, but it permits travel to the areas southwest of Greymead, where there are more roads leading to the deed "Rome" and into L16 and L17.

It must be said that the road travels over both peat and clay for quite a few tiles to get around the Greymead mountains, but meh, what can you say, there's so much clay on Xanadu.

You can see on my little map here that the longest distance you can travel on Xanadu (orange point-to-point line) once again is from the east coast, over Whitefey and Greymead, to these areas far southwest of Greymead. 

IgzHmQr.jpg

Edited by Cista

Double post, sorry...

Edited by Cista

Unbeknownst to me, a road exists that goes around the mountains south of Greymead, along the lakeshore. I have no idea how old this road is and who built it, but it permits travel to the areas southwest of Greymead, where there are more roads leading to the deed "Rome" and into L16 and L17.

It must be said that the road travels over both peat and clay for quite a few tiles to get around the Greymead mountains, but meh, what can you say, there's so much clay on Xanadu.

You can see on my little map here that the longest distance you can travel on Xanadu (orange point-to-point line) once again is from the east coast, over Whitefey and Greymead, to these areas far southwest of Greymead. 

Hey there. I'm from the lake below Greymead. I believe your alt was chatting with one of mine - Protunia? So my friends N of me on the lake shore are responsible for most of the road along the lake shore, then I added more heading further south, then the nice folks at Rome made a lovely highway, climbing up from lake, into desert and all the way to Rome. 

So right now, you can ride from Rome, through Greymead, Past Whitefey and on to Valkerie Landing (East Coast).

There is also a route heading up from Valkerie Highway, N towards Summerholt. Once you cross through tunnel (heading North), there are random town streets to travel, which get you to summerholt. Not sure if someone is going to lay down a highway there or not.

From Summerholt, you can take roads north, which get you through a low mountain pass and all the way to the Largest of the NE bays, where I have one of my deeds called Woods (small peninsula on community map)

Roads need more signs, but if you keep watching for mountains and water, you can avoid getting lost.

Nice seeing you in person!

Edited by Wurmhole

Last time i see many players who destroy our hard work with highways... Turning 3 wide road to 1 wide and so.... Deeding highways is another problem as well.... Till system dont get better about protecting highways rutes im out of making new highways.... Im sick of checking them every week and doing suport for every destroyed part of it....

• Like 1

There is also a route heading up from Valkerie Highway, N towards Summerholt. Once you cross through tunnel (heading North), there are random town streets to travel, which get you to summerholt. Not sure if someone is going to lay down a highway there or not.

Hey, I went to Summerholt Lake again. There are at the moment still not any actual road connecting the south shores of the lake with the opening of the tunnel. You can pass the terrain in a cart if you know where you are going, but strictly speaking, Summerholt region is still isolated from other regions

Why you want put protection on the roads? This world supouse to be player created, not player protected. :P

Edit: And I have request as new player. Keep the Xanadu wild as posible, its magic of adventure here. Dont cross it with 3-5 tiles highways and tunels one very corner. Protect Xanadu natural environment! :D

Edited by Dobrutro

A proper highway connecting summerholt to that tunnel will have to be undertaken by the local deed owners. The entire area is too heavily covered in deeds to build a highway through it without them.

Time to go public:

Almost a month ago, I decided on a whim to make the road to connect East and West Xanadu. Not a highway, but nevertheless the longest stretch of Wurm road ever to be pushed out in a single effort. As you can see on the map below, it covers 6 full Xanadu map tiles (dashed line). 

We are a group of friends that have been working on this, and the road is now paved half the way (from the West). It leads to absolutely nowhere  :)  except good hunting grounds. In this half there are three wells in strategic places.

We will keep you posted.

Qf7qT9W.jpg

• Like 5

That is fantastic Cista! As one of the east side residents, I thank you! :D

I found a new road!

As many locals know, there is a grand highway leading west of Vrock Landing. Now someone has finally made a connection from there and towards northwest, to the Crescent Bay area and towards connecting Vrock Landing and Glasshollow. Roads go all the way along the bay and get quite close to Glasshollow in fact, although some stretches are appalling with unlevelled clay and water tiles.

I have indicated the length of this road system towards Glasshollow on my little map below.

(No idea who made this connection - Januszaram talked about it earlier in this thread)

The yellow "star" in the west shows some of the many options for long distance travel now exist there. You can go anywhere you want within that star.

As always, go to this map to see (some of) the actual roads.

Funny thing is, even though we have many many roads on Xanadu now, there is nowhere you can make any meaningful "round trip". You can only travel to some destination, then turn around and go the same way back.

tmVE0DJ.jpg

Edited by Cista

Time to go public:

Almost a month ago, I decided on a whim to make the road to connect East and West Xanadu. Not a highway, but nevertheless the longest stretch of Wurm road ever to be pushed out in a single effort. As you can see on the map below, it covers 6 full Xanadu map tiles (dashed line). 

We are a group of friends that have been working on this, and the road is now paved half the way (from the West). It leads to absolutely nowhere  :)  except good hunting grounds. In this half there are three wells in strategic places.

We will keep you posted.

Qf7qT9W.jpg

Any chance of getting an actual pathway drawn for this road of yours?  Great job by the way.  I plan on exploring it today.  Wish I'd know you were working on it before, as I could have come given a hand, but now that I know, I'll se what I can do to assist completion.  Also will run an offshoot up to the lake N of it.

I live at Darq Shadow, right there by the east end of your route.

Edited by Wurmhole

I'm currently working on a road to connect Central Xanadu (and points north/east) with Lormere. The Yellow lines show existing roads, right now you can get to Sanctuary Market easily via roads. The plan is to continue the road that Rome started further south and eventually curving southwest. The pink lines are currently planned roads, the dashed lines are TBD, once I get in that area and talk to the locals. If all goes well and we can connect to Lormere, that'll be a nice route right through the middle of Xanadu. :)

blJxyQb.jpg

• Like 1

I have been working on continuing a road running from due West of here that runs behind Votd Market and will hopefully join up near the section you are also connecting to. Should connect everything rather nicely!

• Like 2

I found a new road!

As many locals know, there is a grand highway leading west of Vrock Landing. Now someone has finally made a connection from there and towards northwest, to the Crescent Bay area and towards connecting Vrock Landing and Glasshollow. Roads go all the way along the bay and get quite close to Glasshollow in fact, although some stretches are appalling with unlevelled clay and water tiles.

I have indicated the length of this road system towards Glasshollow on my little map below.

(No idea who made this connection - Januszaram talked about it earlier in this thread)

Yes, I did a combination of the road from Vrock Landing through North-Western pass to the Bay, on the coast, unfortunately the output of "above" the road would be excruciatingly difficult and only what I fixed on the road along the coast of some plates (some are still waiting for the fix). the last episode of close to glasshollow I left unfinished since clearly someone out there doing the way and did not want him to interfere in the work, but the transition in the desert is done though indistinct.

Roughly the route looks like this (only light cyan episode waiting for completion):39190634027246114811.jpg

most of the route was made by other players, to connect to the North with the southern coastline need to really little for any mistakes I apologize

Edited by Januszsram
  • Like 1

I'm currently working on a road to connect Central Xanadu (and points north/east) with Lormere. The Yellow lines show existing roads, right now you can get to Sanctuary Market easily via roads. The plan is to continue the road that Rome started further south and eventually curving southwest. The pink lines are currently planned roads, the dashed lines are TBD, once I get in that area and talk to the locals. If all goes well and we can connect to Lormere, that'll be a nice route right through the middle of Xanadu. :)

blJxyQb.jpg

i live at rome and have made a road west of rome around the small lake there, and also a tunnel shortcut through the mountain there going west

Edited by izzyizzyizzy
  • Like 3

BaevFru.jpg

I have made the blue roads and red tunnel. If anyone is working on the roads around rome please try to get me ingame 'izzyizzyizzy' and ill be glad to help out. i sorta stoped cause i got board doing roads by myself :)

• Like 1