Sign in to follow this  
Borzom

Which veggies sell?

General question overall, I have quite a lot of flat land where I live, and a small farm started.

Which veggies or grains are worth bulk farming, and which are pointless?  Is cotton worth farming in any large amount?  Wemp?

Cotton - not really worth farming in large amount, I would say that 16 tiles is enough for everything.

Wemp - very useful for priests, but priest holders usually have very large farms.

Vegetables - as long as you can make meat using them + any meat, you can farm everything. Very useful for priests as well as normal chars who want to gain mind logic very fast.

Edited by Warlander

Remember for chaos delivery, the BL priests can consume wemp, corn, pumpkins, garlic, onions for favor ;)

Not sure I understand what you are saying Warlander.  Are you saying all veggies are fine, or are you saying veggies are only worth selling if I also can supply the meat?

All veggies have the same use, though perhaps heavier ones (like pumpkin) are less desired.

selling garlic + any 0.1kg veggy (corn or potato for example) in pairs of 1k of each are a good start :)

Edited by Sevenless

Remember for chaos delivery, the BL priests can consume wemp, corn, pumpkins, garlic, onions for favor ;)

This.

Also, About the meat, you would have heaps more business selling cooked meat with crops, because typically those who buy crops are grinding Hot Food Cooking.

Edited by Propheteer

Keep in mind pumpkin have a higher difficulty than other vegetables in cooking. Pumpkins have +8 so might be better gains. Since pumpkins have heavier weight, it's more useful to cook food with if you want to eat.

So up to you if you want better gains by raising the difficulty or get heavier meals with pumpkins, or just prefer the lighter and more storable veggies.

Pumpkins have somewhat large volume, only 75 fits in backpack. Rest of the veggies are 100.

Pros and cons, take your pick.

What is your current Farming skill?

I am not sure whether you are just starting out (based on your join date) but if your Farming skill is fairly low, you should stick to "personal use" pumpkins, cotton and wemp because they give great skill at lower levels and also are very practical for newer players. Neighbors and friends will appreciate trading with you for these. Pumpkins are very heavy so they make meat stretch farther in meals and casseroles, cotton is great for both first aid plus tailoring, wemp is good for ropemaking (for both shipbuilding and priests.). Pumpkins and cotton are harder to deliver long distances because of their bulk, but veggies that are easier to transport (garlic packs nicely, or maybe just used to) give almost zero skill until much higher levels. The big money is catering to high level players grinding priests (soul depth cooking + rope saccing). I always found corn and wemp to work well for those. 

One reason I ask about your current skill level -- it will be hard to compete with high level farmers who might get 10 yield per tile if you are only getting 1-3 yield (and replanting one of those) plus working much slower.  On some servers, quality does not matter only amount, however you are still likely to be competing with farmers selling 80-99Q yields and who can rake and harvest huge plantations quite fast. .  Farming can pay pretty stable at higher levels  but at low levels it will be hard to raise unless you really super enjoy farming for its own sake, rather than just having access to a lot of land. 

(My apologies if your farming skill is actually quite high). If it is low, I would go cotton, pumpkin and wemp, trade any excess with neighbors for things they can produce (iron lumps, wood boards, horses,  etc) and not worry too much about cash sale trade values,  just raising the skill and enjoying the work. 

PS -- I saw in another thread, you  are a F2P player trying to earn money for premium. Farming probably won't do this at low skill levels as well as some other jobs, because it will take a very long time to stockpile thousands of veggies.  Making bulk raw construction materials (bricks & mortar, wood boards, nails) will probably be the easiest way for a non-premium player to raise enough silver to go premium.  Sometimes also higher level players will hire you for tasks like filling cooking pans or digging earth and then sponsor your first premium payment in return for work. With a lot of oldtime players moving to Xanadu, easiest way to prem up is to connect with a reputable older player looking to hire newer players.  Some take advantage of newer players while others will be extra generous if they know you are saving for premium.  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Garlic and onions, oftentimes I'll create demand for tens of thousands of each.

• Like 1

For bulk sells I would agree with Aether on the Garlic and onions, more to the onions side due to transportation capabilities.

You can put 100 onion into a satchel and if you put those into backpacks you can transport 1000+ with just a sailboat

• Like 1