Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Trade chat channel

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a chat tab just for trading.

• Yes
    • No

I think this would be a very good idea! +1

Yes. Merchants could monitor that channel and instantly respond if someone was looking for X product. It would not get buried and missed in general chat, and general chat would no longer get spammed wiith constant trade advertisements.   Buyers happy, sellers happy, non-commercial players happy.

PLEASE ALSO make it easier for use to select and "save" whcih tabs open automatically with the game, or are automatically disabled unless manually toggled on. CAHelp & KChat work fine I think? But global chat won't stay off between relogs.   Especially with increasing problems with performance and lag, I have noticed extra chat channels running makes everything worse especially with so many servers now participating. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

2 replies and only 20 votes?

I see the people asking for this all the time. But everytime there's a suggestion thread it's all very meh.

Yes please, but people shouldn't be able to post same sentence twice in less than a minute but after 5 min. To keep it fresh from spam!

• Like 1

Yes! We definitely need trade chats separate for each server and also a global trade chat!

+1

Edited by Jasmyn

+1, shouldnt have made the poll anonymous.

no idea how not to.

Yes please. However, I really don't see a lot of trade spam, so not sure if this needs to happen right away.  I'd rather see custom chat channels first, where we can invite anyone remotely to join. Ideal for assembling hunt groups, making a small sub alliance chat group, just a few close friends that aren't in village or alliance, etc.  ESPECIALLY useful for multiple alts that are deed holders, all wanting to chat to other villagers in a single tab/channel.

Tab/Window splitting would be nice too. 

Yes please, but people shouldn't be able to post same sentence twice in less than a minute but after 5 min. To keep it fresh from spam!

Half hour cooldown at least, please. Very few new people would have tuned in in the 5min interval, hardly seems worthwhile posting that fast.

Also, on the topic as a whole, this could only be a good thing. I could close Kchat and GL and not miss out on the trade posts.

Custom chat channels can be made in the irc for hunting and such, but for trade I certainly +1 a global channel open in the initial startup.

Someine asked me how that would help remove the spam from other chats, I replied that CA help does not get spam. They said, that is because people get warned/muted for it. Adopt the same policy, mute/warn/ban for trade spam in kchat and gl, that will encourage the use of a trade channel.

-1 No-one will use it, every game that has one still has most if not all the trade in global

You can create all the channels under the sun, but all MMO traders will use just one, the one with people in it!

-1 No-one will use it, every game that has one still has most if not all the trade in global

You can create all the channels under the sun, but all MMO traders will use just one, the one with people in it!

That is why it is important to make spamming gl an actionable offence. If you do not want to see that person's trade spam, but still wish to talk to them, blocking is not a very good option. The best option is a trade chan. 

I agree its a pain to sell or ask for anything like this without it being spammed up nearly as soon as you post.

I'm positive regarding this but also negative. Perhaps setting up a contract with local villages through this channel first?

Would love to see a regular trading system that goes on from trade routes via boats only, or wagon carts arriving back and forth.