Sign in to follow this  
Tissotx

[POLL] Xanadu Clay

Xanadu Clay  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Amount of claytiles on Xanadu's coastline?

• Too many claytiles
    • Too few claytiles
    • Perfect amount

From what I can see xanadu has too many clay tiles. In some spots they take up 100 tiles or more. and seeing 4 tiles is all you will ever need as is it never depletes.. Should be more like the tar tiles are done in blocks.

Should be a finite resource like ore.  and there should be a way of removing them from areas where you make roads and the like..

• Like 2

I have clay really close, but someone deeded 99% of it. the only 2 tiles I can access are in water and i have yet to raise it.

The problem with our area is just the sheer amount of clay. After a pair of deeds went up nearby it became impossible to run a road to our place without going through 10-20 clay tiles.  I don't mind that clay tiles can't be destroyed, but there should be at least some ways to pave them and re-sink them into the ocean.

Keeping clay indestructible and virtually unworkable because of the fear of a few jerks is a terrible plan. Conceivably I could grief my neighbors much harder than most because of the ridiculous density of the clay in our area.  It would be possible for me to raise up a clay border around their entire dock area that they could never re-sink.  I could also completely disrupt sea passage to 4 other local deeds by raising clay tiles. 

Clay may seem plentiful when a server is new (and I'm sure it *is* plentiful) - but precisely because clay is almost always on a shore (being the most wanted spots for deeds) practice shows that at some point more then 95% of all the plentiful clay gets deeded over and becomes inaccessable to all others.

At that point, clayspots become actually few and far between for all those who don't have a clayspot on their own deeds.

So specifically this resource does need a heavy 'overdose' at the start, to still be enough after some time.

I could easily see them being smaller patches though (which btw I do also see at places on Xanadu, especially further into/under the water - 4, 6 or 8-tile spots sprinkled widely around - that seems a very nice setup to me).

Another good help to needing a bit less clay would be to make settings in the deed-permissions allowing 'everyone' to dig and pick up on clay and tar, if on deed (without them having any other permissions including digging outside of those resource-spots). I'm pretty sure lots of deed-owners would then open up their deeded resource-spots, making 'clay-all-over' much less needed.

Edited by Kianga