Sign in to follow this  
Tissotx

[POLL] Xanadu Clay

Xanadu Clay  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Amount of claytiles on Xanadu's coastline?

• Too many claytiles
    • Too few claytiles
    • Perfect amount

Disclaimer: So I dont influence your vote, I dont type what i think in first post. And im not trying to get a change in the map, It's more of a first thread I try how Poll works on forum. And if I messed this poll up I blame it on me playing too much wurm to reach title over my head Potter.

Number of clay spots is hardly a problem in my opinion. if there would be too few of them then it would be a problem.

• Like 1

Looks decent from what I've seen, specially where I settled.  Small patches decently scattered ..... granted, doubt I've seen more than 5% of Xanadu's coastline which in itself is A LOT =P

this is a bit like saying too many starter towns. true there is a huge amount of clay, but I do think this is an improvement. from what I see there is clay along the coast at least 500 tiles from any given spot.

I've so much by me I am wishing they would let us board over clay. ☺

• Like 2

Several of the smaller inland lakes (or ponds if you prefer) dont have clay.  It's a problem, but once highways are built not as much.

I voted perfect amount.

i would pay silver for something that removes clay tiles, our coastal colossus plans were ruined because of this :(

• Like 2

Amount of clay spots is great, but the size of them is way way too big in my opinion.

With this many clay spots we could seriously use a way to get rid of them, possibly with a huge effort. Right now it's impossible to do long coastal paths without them being death traps for people on foot. This could potentially be a griefing problem, but high enough costs/skills combined with the huge amount of tiles could hopefully counter that. For example requiring a slate slab (or something of similar cost) and high paving skill should discourage griefers.

• Like 7

Coastal paths thru clay can work , drop dirt to bring clay up flat. Walking thru clay is just a bit slow but no need to destroy the clay resource.

The number of spots is ok, their size is ... somewhat excessive tho :P

• Like 2

Yes, the size of clay spots, combined with not being able to get rid of them is the problem. We need a way to board over or pave clay tiles please!

• Like 2

So if we can level clay at 70 - they should add an "excavate clay" option at 90 to just lower it.

• Like 4

Maybe get the option to pave over a flat clay tile, and if u unpave it it turn back to original clay.

Just so there wont be a clay griefing, where some jerk destroys someone elses clay field forever.

• Like 4

+1 for the same opinion as expressed by several others - the number of spots is fine, but some of them are just too large. Give us a way to get rid of it, perhaps make it so that you can only get rid of on-deed clay so people don't screw up public resources.

• Like 3

I think the lake I live on has more than it should have... on some places the entire ground is clay and I'm speaking fields of 40x40 etc

• Like 1

Paving clay with something like slate sounds pretty good, and have it revert back to clay when unpaved... 

honestly if it goes back to clay, any old pavement would do and still be quite "ungriefable" ... would be silly to pave over a set of clay tiles you know ppl use as public clay, and not leave something diggable right next to it.

Amount of clay spots is great, but the size of them is way way too big in my opinion.

With this many clay spots we could seriously use a way to get rid of them, possibly with a huge effort. Right now it's impossible to do long coastal paths without them being death traps for people on foot. This could potentially be a griefing problem, but high enough costs/skills combined with the huge amount of tiles could hopefully counter that. For example requiring a slate slab (or something of similar cost) and high paving skill should discourage griefers.

Yes.

At least where I am, there are at least 20 clay tiles in a 10 second walk from my deed, and about 100 more in a 2 or 3 minute sail. This might just be an isolated area but it's a bit ridiculous.

• Like 1

I have a huge clay area south of my deed. Does it bother me? No. Would I place a deed that is taken up by a lot of clay area? No. Is it a poor choice to place a deed where there is a large clay area if you are bothered by the clay area? Yes. Solution: Make a better choice when placing a deed and leave clay areas alone for everyone to use, or raise them up properly to help others in the process.

No way should clay tiles be removable since they can not be created. Some will then remove needed clay tiles irresponsibly with no concern for others. I have seen a huge clay area on Deliverance completely deeded over by expanding over it to specifically prevent others from digging the clay. Yes, there are spiteful people within the game who will do this. Allowing the removal of clay tiles will lend more joyful opportunities to these types of disturbed personalities. It only takes a few to create this problem in spite of many more who would not abuse this ability.

Better solution: Convert all clay tiles to the same ability of creation as sand and made to be digable and creatable from dropping clay. You know how to create sand right? There is no shortage of sand because of this is there? Nope. Sand can then be created and removed if desired. If clay were creatable in this manner, yes clay tiles could be removed as easily as sand but they could then also be just as easily created anywhere desired for personal use.

Clay being an immovable, non-removable, non-creatable very much necessary resource is the source of all problems concerning it. Until a viable solution such as I have presented above is coded into the game, clay should be left functioning on its current basis and put into the game as Dev's see fit without the ability of others to remove it for others that have a need for it.

If you don't like clay, move along elsewhere or get onto the Dev's to change it to a creatable and removable resource.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1

i would like to also be able to remove tar tiles on deed, or at least lower them when there is rock under them....

Not just xanadu but pristine/release are plagued by giant fields of clay, i mean really, 150+ tiles of clay in a single spot is a little excessive to say the least. We need a way to kill clay, permanently.

NW inner sea there is tons. so so many tonnes.
come take our clay :P

It only seems a lot because judging on the space and the size of the map im pretty sure its all calculated to an even amount that is fair.

However the spots you are looking probly has tons!, whereso other spots have none

Just make a rod that turns outdoor tiles into anything. Like we have a transmutation rod to transfer rock walls into a metal of choice, we could have rods for turning clay, dirt, etc, into another ground of choice. Maybe not as expensive as 50 s but like 5 or so would do...

Or a spell to remove it, like magranon has it for collapsing cave tiles. Or both...

• Like 2