Sign in to follow this  
Freakinme

Long searched for game not working.

Hello, and best regards to everyone!

I am thouroughly peeved at this point in the day..., I really tried and gave the benefit of the doubt to all. I found your game by accident (well I am always paying attention), went through the procedures...read all of the wikis, did my research and tried to make things work out satisfactorily.

I was defeated. I had the highest hopes after reading the wonderful contributor essays to get started. I played UO from 2000 and they had no intention of taking care of a loyal paying customer. I have been doing this sort of thing for like twenty-five years. I saw the internet and rpgs and mmos come and go. I have an unfinished degree in game design and a large debt because of numerous inconsistencies with both the system and the mindset of the world as a whole. That is a whole different story. How My thoughts affect Wyrm Online you may wonder at this point?

Number one. If you need two accounts and passwords to access both the game and the forum, there is a problem. Number two. Yes I tried five times and each time I got booted, and yes I have a thirty-two bit system that I built ten years ago, and yes ten years ago it was on point, and no....this should work for me. It does not. Number three. I messaged CA more than once and got no response (Oh and consider that I am on a time limit of twenty-four hours). All that I read about the game in the tutorials and wikis indiated that it was exactly what I was looking for and I am thoroughly dissapointed that not only could I not make it work but I could not find anywhere (and I did my homework to find a place to find only dishonest practices{click email and you go to the top of the page}) to make a comment to a real person...A REAL PERSON.

This is not someone venting or raging. In about five minutes I found numerous problems with the game, not the design but the contingencies, ie:what happened after you introduced the human element. Experienced in rpg yes. Experienced in human element yes. Wanting to cause problems no. Needing to solve problems in the world yes. Wanting to play a stupid game that doesn't work for me yes.

To the staff: email me for further elaboration or to enlist my assistance. To the public: I am here for everyone.

And yeah, it's Freakinme

Not quite sure what your problem is. You cannot launch the game?

As for the "Requiring 2 accounts, 1 for forums, 1 for the game", many games require this. Even some AAA titles do this.

Wurm may not look it, but it requires quite a beefy system to run well. A 10 year old pc would be unlikely able to handle wurm, that may be your problem. (Old hardware, with old drivers)

• Like 1

Some things you could try:

- If possible install 64 bit Java, i understand this may not be an option depending on os etc.

- Tweak all graphics: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/63471-configuring-the-client-looking-nice-while-running-on-low-settings/

- Maybe there is some solution here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/9223-read-before-posting-how-to-handle-different-types-of-crashes/

- Post the log from the crash box in the tech support section of the forums, CA is for in-game assistance with game mechanics generally, to contact a GM out side of game pm one on the staff list here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/4976-gm-cm-ca-fm-team-list/

Lastly you could try the unstable client, it has worked better for some players in the past, maybe it will for you.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/73198-2013-01-07-test-unstable-client-3176-45404541/

ofc with all this said you will still need some decent ram, i regularly use around 1gig+ depends what im doing in game and were i go etc.

• Like 1

To add to this, 10 years ago we didn't have multiple core processors, so you're either on a single core processor with hyperthreading or are using the very very first series of dual cores or core duos.

Wurm just won't run well or at all on anything non-dual core.  You'd find most modern mmo games will yield similar results.

In comparison it's like trying to play Halo on the Commodore 64... it ain't going to happen.

• Like 1

OK here goes, in no particular order.

1: This is the suggestions forum, I don't think you are suggesting anything.

2: A time limit of 24 hours? I don't think you read enough about the game.

You have 24 hours of free light, decreased aggro and decreased need for food, after that goes you can still play very easily.

3: The CAs are still unpaid volunteers and regular players, they are not obliged in any way to cater to your needs when you PM them, they may be busy or AFK.

4: Dishonest practices, what?

5: Holy crap I just saw you actually managed to spell the name of the game wrong too, well done on reading so much of the forums and wiki I suppose.

Good luck with whatever your problem is, I guess.

• Like 1

Post the errors etc and people can help you............ :wacko:

EDIT: Post here, explaining what the problem is and many people will come and help you.
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/40-community-assistance/

You could also try in a forum like this for GM help, but most of the time CA and community can resolve ur issues.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/26-technical-issues/

Edited by AlexLong

This is not a suggestion, And not a valid attempt to get help since the problem was never posted. And should be moved to a dead letters forum.

And five tries is nothing.  With the number of settings we have nobody but a veteran player could figure it out that fast.

Thank you all very much for your help. I will be working on the suggestions that you provided. I think you are right, I am asking too much from an outdated system.

Thank you all very much for your help. I will be working on the suggestions that you provided. I think you are right, I am asking too much from an outdated system.

Buy a quad core or i3 or i5 or i7 computer.

And NO, they dont have to cost a million dollars.

A 1000 dollar rig will play Wurm superb.

A cheaper version will also be allright.

And if u count the pennies for hours of entertainment a new pc will bring, its not that much.

1000 dollars is already over the top if you ask me.

Wurm is running like a champ on my 5 year old i7-920.

Admittedly it is OC'd from 2.66 to 4.2 Ghz but still, don't need 1000 dollars to play Wurm at max.

I think the solution here would just be to buy a cheap up to date system then slowly upgrade it as you get more cash - I'm a tech in real life and to be honest if I saw a 10 year old compute (not being mean just honest opinion) I'd bring it behind the shed and shoot it and replace it with a economy rig as you will save far more later