Sign in to follow this  
Tacitus

Password Generation: Max length and characters?

The GM recommends the use of password generation and storage software and provides a link. Many of us like myself already use this. We are not told the maximum length the password may be or what characters may be used. The software uses these settings in making passwords. So what are the password parameters?

• Like 1

I think that might be best left for discovery and not shared publicly if it does not work i guess it will let you know. 

[20:19:14] The password must be between 6 and 20 characters long.

In reality it seems to be 19 characters. It accepts all kinds of funny characters, but if you want to use spaces, you cannot use the in-game /password command

[...]We are not told the maximum length the password may be or what characters may be used[...]

Yea, I really hate it when you're not being told the maximum length for passwords. I hate it even more when your passwords are silently truncated (e.g. enter 20 characters, but it saves only 16 without telling you).

That is a widespread, total and utter failure found all over the internets. And sometimes I really want to tell that certain someone how much they suck :P

I'm moderately annoyed if you're not being told the allowed characters, or any other conventions that are being enforced beforehand (e.g. MUST contain at least one digit, lowercase letter, uppercase letter, or special chracter).

you get an err if 20 or more letters entered nothing truncated.