Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Dragon drama, loot and alternatives

So first it's bad people involved only got loot so it was changed all get loot, now we need to make it so you must belong to a server? by the time everyone's bright ideas get implemented we can get a .0009 piece of drake from foraging, but only if your character was created the 2nd day 11th hour of that server being made live.

• Like 4

Simple solution is that only toons named Tineen may receive epic loots. Its fair to the majority of us.

• Like 3

+1 with some changes, people shouldn't lose for going from server to server killing. Its enough just to ensure a fair distribution, and not that the same people kill all dragons on all servers.

One potion would be instead of having Uniques spawn outright, create a "trigger" that can only be activated by 10+ people with citizen tag. That way you don't get people from other servers finding and silently slaying the beast without locals being any wiser. the killing itself can be done by anyone, and loot distributio should be akin to what you described, but maybe with better quantities.

I really still prefer the random loot per player option (like i suggested in other topics). IE each player gets a random item from the possible "unique" loot.

• Like 1

I do not agree that it should be just people from the server it is located on.  I know personally I have only been involved in one kill on Indy.  The rest of mine were on other servers.  Why should someone be punished because they choose to travel to another server to meet up with friends to kill a unique.

So first it's bad people involved only got loot so it was changed all get loot, now we need to make it so you must belong to a server? by the time everyone's bright ideas get implemented we can get a .0009 piece of drake from foraging, but only if your character was created the 2nd day 11th hour of that server being made live.

No. It's they expect to come to another server and kill a unique and the local natives not dance around fires and take a share of the loot when it dies. If you want to hunt another server (or your own), expect the locals to show up for the spectacle. If they get loot, they get loot. People are just sore they can't pen the dragons and have private looting parties and get all the spoils. Broken monopolies. Everyone in town gets a slice of cake now and they will show up for that tiny bit of icing.

Uniques respawn so that everyone has a chance to kill them. If you don't take up that offer, someone else will. Rightly so, the full loot should go only to those who kill it because they were quick and resourceful enough to do so.

• Like 2

No. It's they expect to come to another server and kill a unique and the local natives not dance around fires and take a share of the loot when it dies. If you want to hunt another server (or your own), expect the locals to show up for the spectacle. If they get loot, they get loot. People are just sore they can't pen the dragons and have private looting parties and get all the spoils. Broken monopolies. Everyone in town gets a slice of cake now and they will show up for that tiny bit of icing.

The drama since the return of the dragons has shown more greed and drama then back in the days they were penned by the so called " monopolies ".

• Like 1

The drama since the return of the dragons has shown more greed and drama then back in the days they were penned by the so called " monopolies ".

That is possibly because everyone has been driving a clunker in armor terms and the dealership is now offering a way to slowly slide into a Porsche but the shares on that Porsche are tiny and it takes a lot of doing to get into it. Those bones are very nice looking on paper as well. I am not sure on the potions. TBH, I don't care if I ever have a dragon hide or scale. It's just an expensive item to worry about losing. However, I would love to get my fingers on one of those bones. That being said though, I have not crashed a local slaying nor have I joined a team to go do one. I knew it would be a drama fest and chaos (no pun intended either) would ensue over loot. If I find myself splattered with blood while I am out and about, good on me, but I am not really too favorable on going out looking for this kind of drama. I figure it will spawn on my doorstep sooner or later.

I do have an opinion on who should get loot and who shouldn't and I have stated it. If you put in a "you must fight it" clause, you will find everyone now has a bow and takes a pot shot or they charge in and take a pot shot. If you make it that X people from that server must be present, nothing stops anyone from making X alts to stand around drooling while the fight is on. Then again, nothing stops anyone from making an army of alts to run to the spot doing the same except maybe limit of their system(s) to multibox it. So really, if there are too many stipulations, expect armies of alts to show up to fill the holes or armies of alts with arrows trying to make holes. Also, this is new. People want a piece of the cake right now. They want to be able to make a full set right now. Right now, it seems people want to go to every spawn on every server to speed that up. When it settles down to a monthly romp through the wilderness over a year long campaign and people are resigned to that being the fact of the matter, it will calm down. 

Just taking a different tack on this issue.  Has anyone considered having a timer on how long it is between times you can kill a unique?  This would put a timer on the player before he can join another hunt.  To make it a bit more fair, have a different timer for each unique, so you could continue to hunt other types, but make it a very long time before you can hunt another Black Dragon for instance.  I would say several months to a year.  Even better, not until you've hunted one of all the others, then you can start over.  Hunters would still hunt, but they would have to go about a lot more to get through all of them one at a time.  Just an idea.

Meh the prizes from dragon and other unique kills have always laid with the slayers. On pvp servers this has led to several raids on fortified uniques, and its akin to fighting over any other resource in the game. On pve servers its whichever group manages to succeed first. Ive lost count of how many attempts fail even from large groups.

Basically... killers, keepers.

Naturally veteran groups are more likely to be better armed, better prepped, and just better knowledge in general when it comes down to it. The same general skillset that comes from pvping translates well to taking down uniques.

Personally Im not so sure regarding the whole server-wide reward system (visitors will just end up waiting however long it takes.). Not to mention it (and the local reward system) just encourages proximity "leeches", as evidenced by several recent unique kills.

Anyone wanting details on the event, could you take this to PMs? The Red dragon event was not undertaken by a TPRT knight, nor in done in TPRT name with my permission.

This taken from the Pristine Round Table page.   

What it boils down to when your talking about dragons, or other uniques is who gets the kills.  If you can't get into a hunt group because no one will let you, you can allways form one of your own.  

Trying to limit hunts to only include those that live on that server, is a recipe for the same kind of elietism that many of you guys detest so much.   Especially the ones who did the OP that want to keep the spoils between themselves, and whoever is deemed "Worthy"   

Here is an example:

Say little joey wants to kill big bad Trollking, it is rampaging around his farm, wrecking his walls.  He wants to get in on the hunt to kill it, when it's organized but no one will let him do so, what's worse is all that damage to his precious deed has cost him a lot of time and tears.   He wants revenge and he is a Fo priest that can help heal.   The group wants to come kill little Joey's troll king and organizes a massive hunt within their own select crew, but he contacts another group he knows will help him.   

Group B shows up and kills troll king, and gives little joey, some of the spoils. and the beast's head on a platter.    He is a happy little Joey, even if all of his neighbors call him a traitor to the server, and KoS him, he is happy because he doesn't need their help, he is part of something greater.   

That is the future of wurm.  You have a choice, not because you are part of a server, but because you are part of a cluster.  You should have a choice of where you live, who you choose to make friends with, and how you play.  Having to buy into an alliance, or join neighbors you detest just to survive may be part of survival, but it may also put big limits on your own happiness.  

On Chaos, you don't have annoying neighbors that chop down your grape bushes, you kill them.  That is chaos, and is the main reason people are at least passably polite to each other when possible.    On Freedom you can be as rude to your neighbors as you want to be, within the limits of local chat, you can grief them within the limits of the rules set on greifing, you can keep them from joining an alliance or even badmouth someone without any in-game consequences.   No one can hurt you, because there is no pvp, no one can take away your ability to play the game, even if they can make it dang hard to do it.   

Because of that, the need to have that choice over uniques is very important, it is not only important to the health of the economy on Freedom, but to the community as well.  If said dragon group would have realized that little Joey may appeal for help, they might not have snubbed him.  

Edited by Battlepaw

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing

INB4 JBERG locks thread cause Battlepaw giving MR bad PR again

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Huehuehuehue

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

I know why he locked the thread :D   Trust me, I know.   Wasn't about to step over that line but meh, it was my fault that it got out of control in the first place.    I didn't help matters much, by stirring things up.  

I'ts not my intention to do so here, but I do think that trying to restrict who can hunt uniques is a big step in letting players play tin god on their server, on a cluster that is a connected set of islands.   Everyone should be able to have the option to hunt uniques on their own terms, not be forced to play as part of that particular tin god's whims on his or her's server.    

There are some alliances I've noticed on freedom that are like that.   Just as some players consider MR too powerful, and want to form their own PMKs to do their own thing, players should have the ability to do their own thing on their own servers.  That includes the choice of asking someone to help kill uniques because their neighbors don't like them and won't include them in the hunt, or they may be part of an alliance with a "bad rep" on the server, for whatever reason.   

Edited by Battlepaw

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 14, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

WALL_OF_TEXT...PREPARE.jpg

View hidden Post

WALL_OF_TEXT...PREPARE.jpg

:D  dun worry, I don't have a stockpile yet, but I"m sure I can think of something minroll. ;)   

• Like 1

View hidden Post

This is the best post I have ever ever seen on the forums. Though I fully expect him to erase this comment. Truth too often gets 'scrubbed' around these boards.

• Like 1

Im after these 3 feelings of playing Wurm, so however the developers can code to achive it im up for. Sofar im very pleased with the last few changes to Dragons, and they definitly can be fine tuned by the suggestions of Odynn and others. +1

a) dragon killing should be a hugh player gathering, equal to the x-mas impalongs we make on freedom servers. A event people will remember and talk about for years.

B) everyone that active participate should get rewarded for the risk, and the more player the more total loot, so its encuraged to invite friends of friends.

c) dragons should always be a treat, a deep embeeded wurm in your brain, you should feel fear wandering around in the forests and mountains, even thou the chance of facing a dragon is very low.

• Like 1

This is the best post I have ever ever seen on the forums. Though I fully expect him to erase this comment. Truth too often gets 'scrubbed' around these boards.

Depends on whose "truth".

In this particular context, cleanup will likely involve any post that is not lending any element to the OP's discussion as a suggestion, especially posts pointing fingers and screaming.

Edited by Klaa

Sorry but this isn't a fair fix I hate to say it - you server deli is small therefore you know the area better your not cluttered with mountains everywhere like chaos, xanadu and indy. People on these servers are not finding uniques and dragons because of it.

Just give everyone a chance here, penalizing people just makes everyone mad, including traders who sail a lot to deliver goods, not just chaos folks your stepping on here - and forum debate solves nothing.

Edited by Niki

How about we just make it so that the loot code does exactly what it does now, but instead of every leech and their alts they manage to knarr into local, only the people who actually participate in the kill get hide/scale/blood. That's how it should have been all along.

Anyone who would normally get the dragonslayer title (participated in the kill/at least swung at the dragon) would get their deserved reward here, and it would no longer be possible for people to leech off the real fighter's hard work.

If everyone on the server gets something for not having even participated in the fight.. sorry, but no. That takes out the incentive to even kill the dragons in the first place. Just let other people do it, I'll still benefit. There already is very little reason to kill them the way it is. The amounts of scale/hide dropped are pitiful at best.

I'm going to have to go with this. I don't really care for the fact everyone with prem in local gets blood... I guess I could just travel there in my cart with prem'd alts but if they don't help the fight I should get any benefit for it.

The server citizen thing with tweaks might work. I'd be boned right now though as I'm helping friends get set up on Xanadu while still calling Deli home.

If you can't get the title you shouldn't get loot, unless someone is giving you theirs.

Edited by Neem

Killing a unique doesn't necessary means fighting it.

Priest healing the group - healers - spotter - favor makers. All of them are implied and make the kill a success. Why should they expelled from having a share of the loot if only fighters gain it ?

1/ Loot (hide / scale) is awarded to server citizens. Staying on a server for 2 weeks would toggle the server citizen ship flag on you.

I play on the epic cluster. I travel to another servers weekly. Also there would be a downside if you have to make a big delivery with a boat. 

if you don't stay on a new server for X days - you won't loose your citizen ship on your "home" server.

And that solution would work for freedom mostly. Without the option to stick a blade in your foe back you need to use diplomacy and honor, fairplay <insert whatever float your boat> to deal properly with the others player.

Seeing the recents events - players are unable to use the new system and do community driven kills and gathering.

Maybe the good option would be to remove totaly the drops and let traders sell them directly. If greed and real money are the only things driving those hunts and the economy, i'd rather see Rolf and CCAB getting some bonuses out of it.