Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Dragon drama, loot and alternatives

A solution to the dragon drama, travelling kill teams and the too little incencitive for large friendly events.

0/ Same for the blood - You need to be premium, no change on that.

1/ Loot (hide / scale) is awarded to server citizens. Staying on a server for 2 weeks would toggle the server citizen ship flag on you.
--> goal - preventing raids from others servers and involving the local players. No reward if you don't take the risk to leave your server for a while.

2/ Fixed drops per players, lets say 0.02 hide for a hatchling and 0.08 scale for a red dragon.
--> Goal is to prevent a kill team from another server to keep one alt per server and grabing all the loot. Increase the interest of having more local players to the fights.

3/ Increasing the loot per players when you have more of them in local.

• <15 - x1 multiplier, small kill teams get less loot.
  • between 15 and 30 - x2 multiplier, average hunting party (20 player) get a bit more loot that way.
  • Over 30 - x3 multiplier - bigger reward for a bigger event.

Nota : seeing only the server citizen will get the loot, it will become more interesting to do bigger events involving the locals. Small teams travelling between server will be penalized if they dont involve the locals. Mercenaries will do mercenary job then and won't take away something the local player try to get on their own.

If you want to discuss that suggestion please keep the drama / name and finger pointing away.

• Like 10

Odynn, I love all you have proposed :P

Totally +1 on your ideas, would be great to see this really looked at as an option :)

+1

Roaming raiding parties have already been a source of drama, and this will only continue with each respawn.  The incentive to remove the cloak and dagger killings would also be nice.

+1

this deserves a slow read,
I think you've presented a well thought out solution to a current problem that's only going to get worse.

The bottom line as i see it is,  the loot is weaker than it used to be on uniques, which is fair enough.
But
armys coming over from chaos because they  aren't being fulfilled over there, shouldn't be allowed. We have enough problems with bad apples over here, spoiling the fun.
You've addressed all issues.

I had to read it 3 times because there is alot of detail here.

I will read it again later, but definitely, a plus one from me.

Edited by Steveleeb

Noobie is roaming around, cutting birch trees to prepare his new small cart.

Suddenly he gets 0.02kg drake hide in to his inventory.

He has no idea what it is and will likely never have any good use for it.

This is what i'd like to see:

People who organize the group shall have the loot.

make everyone who dealt damage to the unique have chance for loot.

/Random roll automatically on all participants

• Like 3

How about we just make it so that the loot code does exactly what it does now, but instead of every leech and their alts they manage to knarr into local, only the people who actually participate in the kill get hide/scale/blood. That's how it should have been all along.

Anyone who would normally get the dragonslayer title (participated in the kill/at least swung at the dragon) would get their deserved reward here, and it would no longer be possible for people to leech off the real fighter's hard work.

If everyone on the server gets something for not having even participated in the fight.. sorry, but no. That takes out the incentive to even kill the dragons in the first place. Just let other people do it, I'll still benefit. There already is very little reason to kill them the way it is. The amounts of scale/hide dropped are pitiful at best.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 4

+1

I'm so-so on the two week thing though

Add in non-dominated uniques can't be healed by players. That would have prevented the events that unfolded in Pristine.

+1

also like to see the corpse unlootable for maybe 1 minute so everyone can see if/what valrei item drops.

• Like 2

I think he means server citizens in local. But considering hits as additional flag sounds good, except for the fo priests :) . Which I think can be easily under mercy of participants just like outsiders that join in.

Think this to stop things like.. some people organize public events, some others decide to ninja it for any reasons... drama ensue :S

Edited by rosedragon

Anyone realized yet that rolfs Hardcoded loot mechanics don't work, and to be fair probably never will?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 13, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 13, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

If everyone on the server gets something for not having even participated in the fight.. sorry, but no. That takes out the incentive to even kill the dragons in the first place. Just let other people do it, I'll still benefit. There already is very little reason to kill them the way it is. The amounts of scale/hide dropped are pitiful at best.

Yet, MR has a group of 20+ all over every server slaying dragons.

I imagine dragon stuff will get better as they re-spawn. It isn't like it was years ago when once uniques were gone, they weren't coming back - everyone WILL get a chance at them this time around.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 13, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

Correction; MR was invited to slay uniques on a bunch of your servers because they were on or near peoples' deeds who either wanted them gone, or didn't like the other groups that had their eye on them.

Not to mention the fact that we actually know how to fight uniques, let alone have the manpower to do so on a moments notice.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

Why shouldn't we? We also pay for premium with our own money. We pay for multiple deeds on many different servers with our own money.

We're as entitled to enjoy everything the game has to offer just like anyone else.

Edited by Embolism
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

I think he means server citizens in local. But considering hits as additional flag sounds good, except for the fo priests :) . Which I think can be easily under mercy of participants just like outsiders that join in.

Think this to stop things like.. good people organize public events, some bad apples decide to ninja it... drama ensue :S

You mean that events you are involved in are organized by good people. Event's you aren't involved in are organized by bad people.

View hidden Post

You mean that events you are involved in are organized by good people. Event's you aren't involved in are organized by bad people.

no, I'm giving example. But I might word it wrongly, let me edit :) .

In the end, it is greed vs greed, all around. I'm greedy too, I want to participate and get chance of /random if I can.

'Think this to stop things like.. some people organize public events, some others decide to ninja it... drama ensue :S'

There, better.

Edited by rosedragon

View hidden Post

'Think this to stop things like.. some people organize public events, some other people decide to organize a different public event... drama ensue :S'

Fixed.

Edited by Embolism

View hidden Post

embolism, regardless the reasoning.. it is ninja unless you inform the first party.