Sign in to follow this  
Jasmyn

Snow removal from tiles

Would be nice if we had the ability to remove snow from tiles with a shovel.

I think winter should affect us negatively, not just a visual season.

Walking on snowy tiles should affect speed very little, like 1/1.5 km/h

Removing the snow would make your speed back to normal.

Should take 5/10 sec to remove snow with a shovel, skill has no effect over it.

Tile will become snowy again after a certain period of time.

EDIT: maybe the part about snow slowing you down is bit too much. I'm not a fan of winter myself.

But what if it was possible to change snow texture to the normal one with a shovel, even if it worked only on roads, that would be cool tho.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Jasmyn
  • Like 2

5-10 seconds to add 1km/h speed isn't worth it, especially if the snow comes back.

Purely for cosmetic though, I like it.

5-10 seconds to add 1km/h speed isn't worth it, especially if the snow comes back.

Purely for cosmetic though, I like it.

What if it was like 3/4 km/h?

Winter season is very short, shouldn`t be a problem if it affected speed a little.

Edited by Jasmyn

Maybe you could fill up a backpack with some heavy junk, rename it to your 'Winter pack' and then just overburden yourself a bit at winter time. Tada. Problem solved, no extra mechanics involved. ;)

/me Hums "Mr Plow" ...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVWdf1Ky2bI

I hate the visual aspect enough already, real effects would be enraging I think

Maybe you could fill up a backpack with some heavy junk, rename it to your 'Winter pack' and then just overburden yourself a bit at winter time. Tada. Problem solved, no extra mechanics involved. ;)

Wow Impressive feedback!  ;)

Please, if you're not going to help with honest and serious feedback, please, don't waste your time posting here.

I hate the visual aspect enough already, real effects would be enraging I think

Thank you, now this is an honest and serious feedback.

Edited by Jasmyn

Tbh, I don't think that this is possible currently and - if implemented - would probably require server restart to replace all "normal" tiles into "snow" versions and vice versa.

Game client just use winter textures in winter instead of "normal" textures.

Edited by Warlander

Tbh, I don't think that this is possible currently and - if implemented - would probably require server restart to replace all "normal" tiles into "snow" versions and vice versa.

Game client just use winter textures in winter instead of "normal" textures.

Yes, it's basically a Tile Set.  I doubt there's any way to display tiles from two sets at the same time with the current configuration.

Wow Impressive feedback!  ;)

Please, if you're not going to help with honest and serious feedback, please, don't waste your time posting here.

Thank you, now this is an honest and serious feedback.

Sure thing there thread-nazi.

I apologize for trying to be a bit funny. I'll leave you to your oh so deadly serious question of snow on tiles.

And the answer has already been provided. No, not currently with the current configuration. Snow tiles aren't 'snow', or a separate layer. They are simply another tileset that is switched out from the non-snowy tile to the snowy tile.

And to change it would be an awful lot of work for zero real value other than making things more annoying than they already are. Except, perhaps, for a few like you who would groove on the 'realism' of having their speed reduced even more by snow.

And by the way, it's a public forum. Once you post something you don't 'own' the thread and get to play dictator over who gets to post in it.

Though I did get a chuckle at the grapes it must have took to tell a game master to not post in your thread. ;)

Carry on with the serious, serious, oh so deadly serious matter of... SNOW TILES!

/bows out of the thread.

Do it, make all the people who hate winter even more mad. ++++++1

Sure thing there thread-nazi.

I apologize for trying to be a bit funny. I'll leave you to your oh so deadly serious question of snow on tiles.

And the answer has already been provided. No, not currently with the current configuration. Snow tiles aren't 'snow', or a separate layer. They are simply another tileset that is switched out from the non-snowy tile to the snowy tile.

And to change it would be an awful lot of work for zero real value other than making things more annoying than they already are. Except, perhaps, for a few like you who would groove on the 'realism' of having their speed reduced even more by snow.

And by the way, it's a public forum. Once you post something you don't 'own' the thread and get to play dictator over who gets to post in it.

Though I did get a chuckle at the grapes it must have took to tell a game master to not post in your thread. ;)

Carry on with the serious, serious, oh so deadly serious matter of... SNOW TILES!

/bows out of the thread.

Would you be giving this feedback if I didn't mention that? I don't think so...

Also, that was not an order, that was a request, hence the two "please", I'm not a dictator for asking that from prople.
Edited by Jasmyn

Hey why stop there!  Maybe add frostbite to the game which slows you down even more?  With eventual hypothermia and death?

If you wanna shovel snow, that's cool.  But I have MORE than enough work to do in-game as it is.  Do not make me shovel snow just so I can walk normally!

Spoiler
On 6/13/2014 at 5:25 PM, Jasmyn said:

Would be nice if we had the ability to remove snow from tiles with a shovel.

I think winter should affect us negatively, not just a visual season.  1*

Walking on snowy tiles should affect speed very little, like 1/1.5 km/h 2*

Removing the snow would make your speed back to normal. 3*

Should take 5/10 sec to remove snow with a shovel, skill has no effect over it. 4*

Tile will become snowy again after a certain period of time. 5*

EDIT: maybe the part about snow slowing you down is bit too much. I'm not a fan of winter myself.

But what if it was possible to change snow texture to the normal one with a shovel, even if it worked only on roads, that would be cool tho.

What do you guys think?

1* = oh it does some harm for a while now.. tries to blind people with it's whiteness -.-

2* = NO .. awful idea.. 

3* = snow shoveling \o/ - NO

4* = same as 3* ^

5* = no..

No other season forces us to go prune trees/bushes etc... why should the winter be a pita and an online torture to the eyes and everyday gameplay for a week.. <_<:wacko: